Author Topic: Ok...  What is your favorite movie??  (Read 657 times)

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • My man Big Tigger. Holla at ya boy!
Re: Ok...  What is your favorite movie??
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2002, 05:41:36 AM »
I know it's still pretty new, but I'ma hafta say Training Day is my favorite movie. I've watched it about 80 times in the last month.

Before I saw Training Day, my favorite movie was probably Boyz 'N The Hood.. damn classic and it's straight gangsta. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s best performace ever in my opinion. And of course, I gotta give a shoutout to Menace II Society.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2002, 09:55:02 AM »
i cant pick 1 so ill name a few:

Scarface
Friday
Platoon
Money Talks
The Professional
Desperado
Half Baked

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2002, 12:22:50 PM »
ok what about "Black Hawk down"...why americans look like heros in that movie when they didn't have no business in Somalia...?
and Pearl Harbor....that movie was just to say "hey there was the reason for the atomic bombs"....

What does that have to do with Saving Private Ryan? I was just talking about that movie. I'm not gonna say that every movie made is accurate, just saying that SPR wasn't implying what wolf was sayin it did. I haven't seen either of those movies you mentioned because I heard they were inacurate. So I'm still tryin to figure out why you posted it in the first place.

Youngster323

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2002, 12:47:44 PM »

ok what about "Black Hawk down"...why americans look like heros in that movie when they didn't have no business in Somalia...?
and Pearl Harbor....that movie was just to say "hey there was the reason for the atomic bombs"....

HOLLYWOOD. Enough said

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2002, 07:51:54 PM »
thes r my choices

Above Tha Rim
Blood In Blood Out
Mi Vida Loca
White Man Can't Jump
Boyz in tha hood

n a bunch of other ones but i dont wanna name them all

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2002, 08:24:48 AM »
1. menace 2 society

2. clockers

3. blood in blood out
westside!!!!

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2002, 09:03:06 AM »
I don't really have 1 favourite film. But 1 of my all time favourites has to be FACE OFF.

My favourite NEW film is RESIDENT EVIL.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2002, 09:18:29 AM »
Did you even watch this movie? It would appear not. Almost every single American in the flick gets killed but one, and the whole movie was about saving 1 guy, and not the stopping of the nazis. They maybe showed 30 Nazi's killed in the whole movie. You see probably 50 american soldiers killed while they stormed the beaches alone, let alone every american except for private ryan dies. In no way does the movie imply the US were the only ones that stopped the Nazis.

U all need to be checkin gur history books. At the begginning of the film when them boats open and all them ppl get killed, every 1 of them ppl has an american armband on when most ppl sent there where british and russian, the americans did fite there later on in the war.

It was the same with U571, they weren't gonna allow that film to be released in this country because it was proved that U571 and the inigma mission was lead by the Royal Navy, and not the americans as shown in that film, every soldier on that film is american.

But the thing ur missin is that the americans only joined the war bcoz they had too. (sorry i aint hatin it's a fact) bcoz for the first world war and most of the second america was supplying weaponary, which was a major problem for the nazis, which is why the japanese decided to attack america...only then did they decide to join fighting the war, because they had too.

But i don't blame them, the war had nothing to do with them previously, and keeping out of the fighting aspect just protected their own ppl, u can't blame them for that. But if i rememba rightly, Russia was conquered, and asked britain for help because their own army wasn't strong enough. France joined the war because the Nazis broke the agreement of the Treaty of versaille.

Now, u mite think all that was to make britain look good, but it's all facts i assure u. The british were strong in the war (proved) mainly because we're kind of a large island, and any1 wanting to conquer us would have to do it by air or see, making it more expensive and more risky. Back then we had the biggest navy in the world (fact) because we only needed to protect ourselves from invasion by sea, out problems only started when the german airforce was made bigger, and better plains were developed for them (which also broke the agreement of the treaty of versailles), proof that we only ran into trouble with the build up of the german airforce is 'the blitz,' i can't be arsed explainin about that, so if u wanna read some proof visit a history website! anyways, thats what made us build up our airforce which was previously one of the smallest!

anyway i've gon way off point, i was just agreeing with other ppl that american film makers try to give the american army all the credit for work other countries did in the war, it was a fucked up time and it's soldiers from then who really shud be respected, it's fucked up how ppl respect the queen mother more for what she did in the war more then they respect ur average soldier. and it's majorly disrespectful to them tru heroes to give other ppl credit for work they did. american film makers are fucked up when it cums to making war films.....