Author Topic: Lakers vs. Kings - Game 1  (Read 200 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Lakers vs. Kings - Game 1
« on: May 18, 2002, 07:57:10 PM »
Here is my view on Game 1.

The Lakers just came out and were ready to play and they couldn't miss a shot at first but eventually they cooled down. It was clear that they knew what they had to do. At times the Kings came back but they would always make a turnover or take a bad shot and then the Lakers would come down and score. Bobby Jackson kept this game from being a blowout. That little guy can play and he's real quick. Obviously the Kings just came out expecting to play Dallas but the Lakers are totally the opposite of Dallas, they will contest every single shot and play stifling defense. Chris Webber had a good game but him and Bobby Jackson were the only ones who stepped it up. Bibby started off good but then dissapeared. For the Lakers everyone contributed to this victory either with their defense or offense.

Now some the foul calls were totally obvious and unfair, Iam a Lakers fan but some of the calls and non calls were so obvious. When Kobe hit Christie with his elbow, that was an offensive foul, even if Christie didn't give him much room to operate, Kobe didn't have to raise his elbow. The offensive fouls were all on point except for the one where Vlade was clearly outside the circle but hey refs make mistakes.

I expect Game 2 to be the same war. It is clear that these teams don't really like each other. For the Kings, Doug Christie, Hedo Turkeglu, Mike Bibby and Vlade Divac have to step it up alot more, this is the championship we are talking about. The Kings said that if the Lakers don't get homecourt advantage then they won't win the Championship, it doesn't look that way now.

For the Lakers they just better keep on doing what they did in Game 1. Kobe has now asserted himself as the main scorer since Shaq has had some injuries. Kobe is unstoppable and Doug Christie is a great defensive player if u ask me. Shaq just tears apart Pollard and Divac, they have absolutely no chance at guarding him. The supporting cast has to come out and do the same as Game 1, score a little and play hard defense.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »