Author Topic: Current Generation of NBA stars.  (Read 138 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Current Generation of NBA stars.
« on: November 01, 2003, 08:12:17 PM »
It's been really interesting to follow the NBA. Because I remember that in the early 90's, many players came into the league with a new hip-hop attitude, and many critics complained about the current generation being spoiled, and they'll never win championships acting that way, and so. Then as time goes on, for years that generation from the early 90's was dominated by Jordan, Hakeem, Barkley, Ewing and the other greats that came in from the 80's. As time went on, when Jordan retired, the NBA title was won by the Spurs mainly by Tim Duncan, a classy player from the late 90's draft class. Then the Lakers, with early 90's Shaq (the exception to all rules because his so big) and late 90's draftee Kobe Bryant won the titles. As time goes on, no player from the early 90's class other than Shaq has led his team to the finals. It seemed the NBA skipped a generation. Forget Larry Johnson, Chris Weber, Shawn Kemp, Alonzo Morning, Nick Van Exel, Sam Cassell, and all the other talented players from the early 90's. I guess it was true, that generation wouldn't turn out to be great. Non of them had great playoff teams, with maybe a year here or there, like the SuperSonics in 1996 with Kemp, or the Kings in 2002 with Weber, and of course Jason Kidd in the very east the last two years (but Kidd is a team player and really doesn't fit the early 90's type player of being selfish and whiny). But other than that, the early 90's generation was skipped, and the late 90's players are maturing, and aren't as spoiled it seems. From A.I., to Garnett, to Kobe (who was teflon until the trail, but we'll see), to Tim Duncan amd now to newer players like T-Mac, and Lebron James, and other younger players that try and make it a point to add more passing to their games, and don't shot a hundred times a night. A.I. and Kobe used to do this, but both are now more team players. The current generation maybe the next great generation, and they are beating on the current vets, who beat on themselves with drugs and selfness. I wonder what led to this bad generation of NBA players, and I hope to see the next generation not make the same mistakes.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Current Generation of NBA stars.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 11:04:51 PM »
i'm sorry but that was a dry-ass post. sounded like something out of a text book or some professor's lecture.

the reason why most of these players never got no where is cuz for 6 years they had to go through jordan and the bulls , that's already half of a career, 2 years were the rockets becuase they had a steller team , so that's 8 years, then we had a lock out which didn't let anyone shine. then the lakers won 3 straight  so that's 12 years they had to deal with all time great teams. i don't blame Zo or Van Exel or any of the 'new era' teams for not making it......it's the front office's problem for not building around them or putting them into a possition to contend.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 06:02:28 PM »
I think my point is that those players didn't even really make noice in the playoffs. Who did during the Jordan, and post-Jordan era. With the exception of Shaq and Kidd, mainly Allan Iverson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Baron Davis and Kobe Bryant after the Jordan era, and Barkley, Ewing, Reggie Miller, Hakeem, and David Robinson. I mean yeah teams could have put together better teams, but Nick Van Exel had Shaq, Eddie Jones and Robert Horry. Take away Van Exel, put in Derek Fisher, who's more of a passing point guard and you got a title, or with Larry Johnson, come on, him and 'Zo should have ran the league with Mugsy, but they let egos get in the way. Spree' well lets just say after he got a fresh start in New York and stop being about himself, he finally was able to shine. To bad Allan Houston and others didn't follow him. On the other hand, Tim Duncan was able to come into a team that finished last the year before, and turn them into a title team in a few years, he was the missing piece that the Spurs needed and he took over as a leader. But on the real, those player of the early 90's had their chance to prove themselves, and ended up falling to supporting roles of the newer generation, and eventually they'll leave as one of the most disappointing era's of basketball. Chris Weber, 'Zo, and all those others, maybe people wouldn't think about it, because of Shaq and Kidd, but on the real, that era was too selfish to amount to anything. Give me LeBron, T-Mac, Kobe, Duncan, A.I., K.G. and all the new school anyday.

pappy

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 06:44:50 PM »
interesting post

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 04:38:50 PM »
Something Id like to say is that a cant stand TMAC I think that guys a punk and a sellout!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 08:06:40 PM »
Something Id like to say is that a cant stand TMAC I think that guys a punk and a sellout!

Canadian I see. It's all good.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 11:48:45 AM »

Canadian I see. It's all good.
Its true man....Look at T-Mac these days, the guy is arogant as fuck...It was in the news today that he was talking shit about the Knicks before they played them the other night, and he talked shit about Keith Van Horn too, saying that they choke and so on...Then Im looking at the Magics record of 1-4 and Im thinking this guy has some nerve...

In his Adidas commercial, he talks about the young kids coming in the NBA without school and he goes "Dont worry, Ill be taking them to school every night"....Thats Ignorant IMO....Not to mention hes the only player in the league who wears a "C" on his jersey...I mean give it up man, this aint hockey...your not in the NHL...Why do you feel the need to put a Captian symbol on your jersey.  ?

But the point is, the with Vince Carter and Tracy Mcgrady on the same team, that spells Championship....And even tho the Raptors were gonna give him the max contract, he sold out. To be in the spotlight. All by himself. I hope this guy never wins a title.  TMAC = Sellout!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2003, 12:37:45 PM »
I disagree.