Author Topic: If I Don't Like Mainstream...  (Read 251 times)

teecee

Re:If I Don't Like Mainstream...
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2003, 10:04:41 PM »
SGV, get a fucking grip dude!  So now you like hiphop artists because of their business sense?????  SOme of you guys are starting to kill me, whatever happened to just likeing the music and saying fuck all the politics?

I like Diddy, but you like him cuz he is a good businessman, yet you dont like Eminem (is he not a good businessman- apparently this talentless muthafucka (in your opinion)somehow tricked record numbers of people to buy his albums- genius business to me!).  U use the replay value factor, but that shit is lame.  Replay value is OPINION! like myself, i got sick of Jiggas BLueprint damn quick, so to me it aint a classic.  But to many others it still is.......you also said Lynch Hungs debut is better than the original Chronic and DOggystyle cuz it has more replay value, once again opinion.  You realize all your arguments are bases on opinions and biases, right? Try being a little more open to others views and others will be more open to yours.  

To some Neptunes and crunk music is wack, to others snoop and aftermath camp is wack!  U know why?  Everyone has opinions, we just all act like our opinion is FACT!  

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2003, 11:17:02 PM »
on diddy dre thing.............

dre- flow/vioce on another level, and from what ive heard is that he changes alot of the lines written for him to make it sound better, and alot of times gives themes of songs to the ghost writers, and only says things he feels fit him and his persona

diddy- terrable fow most of the time, vioce below average....nough said
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2003, 11:18:48 PM »
For example, no one was talking shit about Ja until they found out 50 dissed him. And they didn't find out about him til Em signed him. That's one of literally dozens of examples of going with the masses I see on this forum.

Speak for yourself.  I've been hating on Ja rule since his debut.  I don't even listen to 50 cent or eminem.  I'm a true Ja Rule hater

Jome

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2003, 12:01:12 AM »
I'll put it like this:

SGV likes to defend artists that isn't popular at the time, and praise unknown artists, usually in comparison with a very popular artist, usually in a exaggerated and unrealistic manner to make people notice, but often causing the opposite.

In other words, SGV is a fan of going against the grain even how many people he might have against him, instead of just looking at the raw facts and agree with the masses for once.

Case closed.  8)

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2003, 12:46:34 AM »
god damn SGV makes a simple statement and everyone jumps on his nuts...is it so wrong to like underground as well as mainstream? for a board where we supposedly "respect others opinions" we sure dont do it very well...props to SGV

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2003, 01:09:41 AM »
Just listen to what you like to listen to. I don't care if you like 50 Cent, Britney Spears (her music) or Snoop Dogg.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2003, 01:13:47 AM »
man just listen to your music and shut up about it. SGV you were basically calling everyone out by posting this thread..... dont need that BS

kick ass album

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2003, 07:20:22 AM »
For example, no one was talking shit about Ja until they found out 50 dissed him. And they didn't find out about him til Em signed him. That's one of literally dozens of examples of going with the masses I see on this forum.

that's complete bullshit.. if u didn't realize the hatin on Ja WAY before 50 got signed u obviously overlooked dozens of threads.. eversince Pain Is Love people hated on him for the music and the fact that he's all on Pac's dick

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2003, 07:49:05 AM »
SGV, get a fucking grip dude!  So now you like hiphop artists because of their business sense?????  SOme of you guys are starting to kill me, whatever happened to just likeing the music and saying fuck all the politics?

I like Diddy, but you like him cuz he is a good businessman, yet you dont like Eminem (is he not a good businessman- apparently this talentless muthafucka (in your opinion)somehow tricked record numbers of people to buy his albums- genius business to me!).  U use the replay value factor, but that shit is lame.  Replay value is OPINION! like myself, i got sick of Jiggas BLueprint damn quick, so to me it aint a classic.  But to many others it still is.......you also said Lynch Hungs debut is better than the original Chronic and DOggystyle cuz it has more replay value, once again opinion.  You realize all your arguments are bases on opinions and biases, right? Try being a little more open to others views and others will be more open to yours.  

To some Neptunes and crunk music is wack, to others snoop and aftermath camp is wack!  U know why?  Everyone has opinions, we just all act like our opinion is FACT!  

sorry dude, but i have to completely agree with teecee on this one, you're trippin' man, why do you care so much about what other people think about your taste of music.. just listen to the music you like and thats it.. no need for all the controversy because you know DAMN right that threads like this one cause contreversy (maybe thats the point tho?)

nima