Author Topic: Why The West Will Not Blow Up...  (Read 916 times)

SGV

Re:Why The West Will Not Blow Up...
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2003, 05:42:51 PM »
Z-Virus: Someone like Sly Boogy, Strong Arm Steady, etc, they got names for themselves in the Underground. They're building a buzz. E-White was just some scumbag who nobody knew ANYTHING about. Soopafly, too. He wasn't really known outside of DPG fans. RBX hadn't made moves since that Aftermath track. So, that crew was full of nothing.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2003, 08:45:22 PM »
Good Topic SGV.

One of the 8453413587 topics about this subject :P

Yeah but finally somebody's giving out names.

finally..

in fact I was kinda shocked readin these 2 names being blamed for this..

teecee

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2003, 12:32:53 AM »
Fuck this is a stupid topic that we have done about a BILLION fucking times and it is starting to get fucking annoying you dumb muthafuckas who keep repeating this muthafucking post! lol

I mean, one one hand you have the idiots who say that SNoop and Dre need to save the west blah blah blah , and on the other hand you have the fools who say the west doesnt need SNoop and Dre.  Personally, it is somewhere in the middle.  REgardless of what people think, Snoop and Dre have inspired many westcoast rappers and have had a positive effect on the westcoast scene.  It isnt there fault noone else on the West cant blow up!  I mean, when the east wasnt blowing up in like 94, 95, Black Moon, Wu-tang, NAs, Jayz and Biggie all came through, without ANY AFFILIATIONS to any of the then current eastcoast kings (LL, KRS, BDK, Public Enemy etc) and changed the game and blew up.  These guys didnt ask to be babysat and groomed for success, they brought something dope to hiphop and blowing up just happened.  WHo cares anyway, you all act like you own the labels these rappers release music on!  Seriously, if you like rappers like Planet Asia, Aceyalone, Dilated, etc, and you enjoy their music, why would you want them to work with dre and snoop anyway.  If these artists were really meant to blow, they would, thats that.  

FOr the last time, Dre and SNoop can not be counted on to babysit other westcoast artists, this shit is getting pathetic!  Sure, Nate woulda ripped the Family Affair beat, or Xzibit coulda become a superstar off te In Da Club beat, but Dre didnt give them the beats so now he doesnt help out the west?  Dre has done more for the westcoast than anyone else in history, and last time i checked Snoop still represents occasionally also.  These guys are legends wo have been in the game, if they never worked wit anothher westcaost artists they would still both be top 5 all time artists from the west coast (along with cube, Ras kass, and eazy e).  

Dre works with people he thinks will blow up, and he rightfully sees that most of the artists on the west dont have a fucking chance right now.  WEll there is a plethora of talent on te west, when it comes to making hit music it is ridiculous to think even 5 percent of these rappers should be enjoying commercial success.  

teecee

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2003, 12:36:38 AM »
Another ting, DJ QUIK has had a GREAT CAREER and sold millions of records and makes beats for some of the most establishe artists in R&B and Rap, so why does he need anyones help?  WEll his music is still very good, there is no way in hell Under te influence had a chance of blowing up; if Quik wants to blow up so bad, try keeping a beat like Addictive, Bagg up (by Chingy), or Put it in the Air (talib) for his album, and he will enjoy some freaking success.  

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 03:09:35 AM »
I don't really care if cats like Planet Asia, Alkaholiks, Foreign Legion, Chace Infinite, etc. don't blow up, as long as they keep making dope music.
They don't need Snoop & Dre to hold theri hands.

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2003, 04:57:39 AM »
bring on the party tracks then!

It doesn't necessarily have to be party tracks, but even you alluded to it in your post when you said the gangsta vibe is played out.  People don't want to hear all that negativity, and even though it'll be popular for a little while, it'll eventually die out, after the group of kids listening to it grows out of their rebellious phase.  

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2003, 06:33:58 AM »
This may sounds weird to some but 6 months ago I though the one who would bring populairity to the West was WC. WC isnt the played out "Thug Life" type that the west trade marked. WC had the better version of a Xzibit/Dre production feel... How do you feel about this?
40oz Graphire

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2003, 12:06:08 PM »

The song was on the Dre+Snoop affil'd movie Training Day, it was on the soundtrack for that movie! and had a video.. and that video's on the DVD..

Damn, why doesn't my copy have that video on the DVD? I just got Pharoahe Monch - Got You and then that wack ass Nelly #1 song. I want your version.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2003, 12:16:30 PM »
there is a video for Put It On me????  :o  :o    :o
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2003, 12:42:40 PM »
my bad.. ignore that.. i musta been on crack... :)

(i think i was thinkin of bad intentions with knoc.. which is on the wash dvd)

damn.. shoulda been a video... for it though!

SGV for you sure talkin a lot for a person who said he aint posting here anymore, rehashign the same 'not dickriding' thing.. hell no u aint... u a straight hater, hating on those who are succesful. most people can see that these threads you make every 2 days always say "dre+snoop sold out" "dre+snoop suck.. xxx is better.. " etc etc

IMO the most 'on point' person on this thread is 'teecee' and I aint even gonna speak on SGVs attitude anymore.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2003, 12:48:38 PM »
LOL @ Snoop & Dre...

I'ma say it FUCK THEM..lol

The talent is way beyond those foo's..
Fuck them.
Hatesrats 2oooTre

SGV

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2003, 12:56:59 PM »
my bad.. ignore that.. i musta been on crack... :)

(i think i was thinkin of bad intentions with knoc.. which is on the wash dvd)

damn.. shoulda been a video... for it though!

SGV for you sure talkin a lot for a person who said he aint posting here anymore, rehashign the same 'not dickriding' thing.. hell no u aint... u a straight hater, hating on those who are succesful. most people can see that these threads you make every 2 days always say "dre+snoop sold out" "dre+snoop suck.. xxx is better.. " etc etc

IMO the most 'on point' person on this thread is 'teecee' and I aint even gonna speak on SGVs attitude anymore.

LMAO @ you. I've never said Dre and Snoop sold out. I never said Dre and Snoop suck. Shut the fuck up. You really got nothing to say. I could give a fuck about you. I know you don't like me, so why don't you stop being a fake ass and just say it? Fuck the bullshit man. Be real.

Teecee: The East Coast doesn't need any help because that's where ALL the major labels are at. So, that's a horrible example. Loud, Bad Boy, Def Jam etc that's all in NY. The cats out there have an easier time getting signed.

shadycent

• Lil Geezy
  • If u get shot up u've fucked up
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2003, 01:16:37 PM »
man just because the west dont be havin shit thats always on tv and or radio doesnt mean they aint holdin down the west u know. i mean i live far away from cali but i sure do find my self some wicked ass west coast music. i mean sure dre and snoop havent been reppin the west as much as they did when pac was around but they still hold der shit down. i mean lil c-style, knoc-turnal, crooked i, daz, kurupt, xzibit all does g's are holdin it down for the west. just because it aint all over the radio and tv like pop artists such as ja rule and b2k doesnt mean they arent holdin it down it jus means they keepin it real on da low.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2003, 01:19:51 PM »
the reason the west isn't blowing up is because they already blew up last decade with this music.  They are still putting out the same stuff, just not as good, or fresh sounding.  Its the same old stuff.  

examples:
Daz- rr&gb compared to his latest effort.  same album just dpgc is not half as good.  full of dpg rappers as guests, gangsta topics, sex, drugs, gangs, guns, murders, dpg, westcoast are what both albums are all about.  same type of production just dpgc ain't very good.

the same can be said for many westcoast artists who are still in the game- spice 1, C-BO, e-a-ski, mack 10, etc.

New westcoast acts need to come up with something new and refreshing.  Sly Boogy is cool, but nothing major or mindblowing.  Peeps say crooked I will blow up.  Same story with him.  His album is gonna be nothing new.  As much as I luv the new eastsidaz new bootleg, it is still nothing new.  I am luvin the strong arm steady shit, but it's not really gonna stand out among other westcoast rap.  I am guessing that the avg person who likes rap and doesn't live in cali, doesn't really pay attention to what the west is bringing (with exceptions) because they figure its nothing new.  They liked that style of rap when it was popular back in the mid 90's.  Even myself, who luvs westcoast gangsta rap, am bored of it.  90% of all albums that I have either d/l or bought within the last couple of years get very few plays from me.  Some I probably haven't even listend to all the way through.  Sometimes they might sound really hot the first listen or two, but they just  can't hold my attention for long after that.  I would rather just listen to the older better albums.

the same goes for new artists too:
sly boogy- his album is good, but nothing to blow up off of, nothing real refreshing
roscoe- great album, but just another typical westcoast album, its been done b4
Ecay Uno-I luv his album, but again, people have heard this same shit already

SGV

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2003, 01:34:13 PM »

sly boogy- his album is good, but nothing to blow up off of, nothing real refreshing

Nothing real refreshing? With all the crap coming out from all areas, how is not refreshing? Lyricism at it's finest.