Author Topic: Lakers vs Spurs  (Read 1609 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Re: Lakers vs Spurs
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2002, 05:29:03 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very true, Oddly they struggle when they come off a long rest and play very well when not refreshed.

Today was a great example of why the Lakers are BACK TO BACK Champions. They just suck it up and come through when it all counts. The Lakers played average for 3 quarters but played great in one Quarter.

Shit I thought they were gonna lose being down 10 points with 5 minutes to go but the Spurs crumbled before our eyes and Kobe once again came through

Kobe should get props from every1 after the last two games, he has proven he is among the leagues elite. Truly he has been the MVP this series cause he has stepped up because of Shaq's injuries. Sac is going to be tough though(Dallas is over and they have No Defense)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ToNe1904

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2002, 12:03:01 AM »
things i love about tone

1. he calls anyone who likes  the lakers dick riders...but rides the spurs dick just as much IF not more than any laker fan

2. yaps his mouth then gets prooved wrong

3 and ADMITS he hates the lakers but doesn't think he's a hater

hypocracy....yes i do think so my self

2-1 lakers are winning the series

whose hurt

david robinson-bad back

shaq-arthretic right toe, 2 level 2 sprained ankles , fucked finger and fucked wrist...and still has bad abs and is out of shape

kobe-bad knee

horry-bad stomach muscles

the lakers three best players playing through ALOT of pain, 2 of whom are all NBA first teamers and 1 is the most dominate player ever

so don't throw that bullshit about how 'the spurs arn't playing well becuase robinson has a bad back.....SO what DOESN"T  hurt on shaq??

fuck the spurs, fuck duncan (nba's bryant gumble) , jason kidd is the REAL MVP, my prediction is Lakers in 5

NO TEAM CAN BEAT the LAKERS IN 7 GAMES

i'd love to see what all you so called non dick riders whould be saying bout the lakers ifwewere actually healthy .....better team than last year

tha only thing that i would correct mahself on, is instead of saying "laker fans" i shoulda said "most of tha laker fans on this board...including yurself". First off, i give tha lakers theyre props when they do shit good, i do HATE tha fukin team tho. That doesnt make me a "HATER". Im a raider fan also...so i hate tha chiefs...i bet u do too. As for yur lil list of injuries. Shaq i already gave him his props. Kobe...is bein a pussy about his shit. He got tapped on tha fukin knee and is cryin about it. Robinsons back is a big deal...if u think its not, u know nuthing. He was OUT because of it. If Shaq was OUT because of injury....it would be worse then having him at 80% wouldnt it? As for me callin yall dickriders...thas only for tha clownz (like yurself) who cant see ANYTHING wrong with yur team. I notice whats wrong with tha spurs, and what they need to work on. U, for sum reason think yur team is perfect when theyre obviously not. Theyve been givin 2 games in this series and could have easily lost. Tha Spurs beat themselvez at tha end of tha game. Thats not an excuse, tha lakers won tha games. All im sayin is, yall be comin on here actin like tha lakers are invinsible...and thas been provin wrong. If they win this series...it will be because of tha SPURS bad play at tha end of tha games, tha lakers didnt switch up their defense..tha spurs jus started missing shots. If u wanna say tha Spurs playin bad at tha end of games is due to tha lakers, thas fine. Then also say that tha lakers poor play throughout tha series is because of tha Spurs...and dont try to make excuses like injuries, when tha Spurs are just as beat up. Nobody feels sorry for tha Lakers injuries, EVERYone is beat up at this time of tha year...only tha lakers are making a big show about theirs. The spurs have at least 4 players playing with injuries right now, Robinson obviously tha most important. I know injuries can be tha BIGGEST thing in tha playoffs when it comes to winning, but yur team is no more (in fact, less) beat up then tha Spurs...so it dont mean shit. If tha lakers win, thas fine...i give it to em...they pulled it out n did enuff to win. But they havent been impressive at all. Last, uve never provin me wrong on shit. Yur so blinded by yur own D/R'n that to you...your OPINION is FACT. Fisher, Shaq, and Horry (although he cries too much) get propz frum me in thiz series. Kobe has had his moments, but has been held under control pretty well. And as for u quoting Marv Albert....hes an announcer..u gotta be jokin me! lol The lakers havent torchered anyone...tha Spurs have torchered themselves.

Youngster323

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2002, 03:07:14 AM »
yea but u have to realize that the Spurs' players will always have the 4th quarter and Kobe nightmare. They will never overcome that, against this team. Yes they are torturing them in the 4th. Where it counts

ToNe1904

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2002, 10:49:39 AM »
yea but u have to realize that the Spurs' players will always have the 4th quarter and Kobe nightmare. They will never overcome that, against this team. Yes they are torturing them in the 4th. Where it counts

But see, they wont have "kobe nightmares". Theyll have nightmares about THEMselves. Cus theyve let THEMSELVES down. They could easily have been up 3-1 in this series so far, but they jus havent finishes tha games off. The lakers havent really done anything special at tha end of tha games. They didnt play any different defense to shut tha spurs down, and offensively..yah tha lakers hit sum shots at tha end...but that wouldnt mean anything...if tha Spurs jus kept runnin tha same offense that they did...to put them up the rest of tha game. I give tha lakers credit, cus in these games they played till tha end...tha Spurs...decide not to...and its cost em.

Heinouz_Hak

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2002, 07:46:40 PM »
i think the lakers defence, which is well documented, has ALOT to do with the spurs collapsing.....the spurs definatly arn't looing heart...they're just being torched by the D that the lakers step up every 4th quarter.....they've been doing it all year...just take portland game 3 for example

ToNe1904

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2002, 10:05:27 PM »
i think the lakers defence, which is well documented, has ALOT to do with the spurs collapsing.....the spurs definatly arn't looing heart...they're just being torched by the D that the lakers step up every 4th quarter.....they've been doing it all year...just take portland game 3 for example

naw, if u watch the games youll see. If the lakers defense was THAT great...then theyd be shutting tha spurs down the whole game, not jus the lass 4 minutes. Its a mental breakdown by the spurs. The lakers run the same defenseive scheme at tha end of tha games, tha spurs dont seem to run tha same offense. If u saw tha lass game...it showed. Almost ALL game...tha ball went to Duncan everytime down the court. Usually tha Lakers would try to duble-down on him. But he could either get a shot, or find tha open person. At tha end of Game 4...they werent gettin him tha ball, and instead havin Danny Ferry and Bruce Bowen tryna create shots. Like i said, tha Lakers played till the end...so they get credit. The Spurs didnt, and thas their own fault. But theyve really beat themselves in this series. And thas gonna be tha hardest thing to deal with. Losing is one thing, losing because mental errors...is another.

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2002, 01:02:31 PM »
Elimination day!!! Lakers gotta end the Spurs misery today cuzz if any team can come back from a 3-1 deficit it's da damn Spurs! IMO this is the NBA finals right here, the 2 best teams that is!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

min0rity

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2002, 03:56:17 PM »
lets face it...spurs REALLY suck...lol....first of all they get humiliated by the lakers last year and this year i'll give them credit for improving (with a almost different roster than last year) but they can't handle the pressure...thats why tim duncan should've NEVER been the MVP...i don't know if the award was due to sympathy of his dad dying or what but jason kidd got straight jacked....lol...everybody knows it...as peeps know i don't like the lakers either but they really have been doing it with their defense and clutch plays so i gotta give props for that and to kobe cuz he has proven to me now that he ain't no hype and he can face the pressure and make big shots and i'm not talking about kobe in game 3 and 4 i'm talking about kobe since 2000......he has been doing it and stepp up and i feel thats consistency enough to say he is one of the best premeter guards right now in the NBA although i hate that cocky ass motherfucker lol....but anyways, if tim duncan was such an MVP....he can't even take advantage of the 50% shaq(MULTIPLE injuries)....its crazy......if i was gregg popivach(sp??) i would try to run the floor as much as possible although spurs is a half court setting team....that why i think they miss "derek anderson" right about now cuz he has that ability to create shots and run the floor, athlete...but right now....it'll be 4-1....for sure and the next round with the kings should be VERY interesting cuz of shaq...i know they will take advantage of him..i mean they have to since they always run the floor...its amazing how one player could have so much influence in a series (shaq)....anyways, although spurs really plays with no heart whatsoever..i would like to at least give credit to tony parker cuz he has been doing tremendance job especially for a rookie but too bad the "MVP" ::) can't stepp up at ALL in the 4th

anyways, just out of curisosity does anyone besides me think bill walton is a fucking disgrace????? i mean he has the lakers dick shoved up so far up his ass its coming out of his mouth...i remember he called robert horry a fucking genius.....!!!!! if robert horry is a geinus then what makes michale jordan???? lol and its funny how everytime when lakers get a bad call he sticks up for them every fucking time and then steve snaper jones confront him on it every time and its funny how they go at it through out the game

ToNe1904

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2002, 11:45:41 PM »
^^ok, i didnt even bother to read tha bullshit that Minority jus posted cus of tha way it started. If u could watch this series...and say tha lakers are GREAT, but yet tha Spurs suck...then yur blind. The lakers were better in this series, n ill give em that...they came out on top. But, tha difference between GREAT and BAD...is a really big difference. If tha spurs SUCKED, they wouldnt have pushed tha lakers to tha limit in EVERY single game. and actually had a REALLY good chance of winning every single game. Last year was ONE year, with tha Spurs bein hurt by a key injury to their second best scorer and best perimeter defender. And last year, tha lakers were on fire for tha playoffs. Tha spurs were tha same way tha year before when they swept thru tha west, and won tha title. So, if u wanna say tha Lakers are better then the spurs...then whatever. but to say tha spurs suck, is jus stupid...when they really lost this series because of themselves...n not because of tha lakers. The only exception was game 5...the Lakers jus came thru in the end really. But game 3 and 4....the Spurs should have never let tha lakers win. All the laker fans seem to think theyd jus sweep thru tha playoffs...n make everybody look bad...blah blah blah....cus theyre tha best ever....blah blah. Well, they did do enuff to win....so i give them that. But, tha Spurs defense exposed ALOT of flaws in tha Lakers game. And with the run and gun style of offense that tha Kings will bring....we'll see wha happens. Cus tha Lakers transition defense is TERRIBLE. Where tha Kings will struggle...is at tha end of games (similar to tha Spurs), because the Kings half court offense isnt all that good. But anywayz, good series. i give it to tha lakers, they did enuff. More then anything, im pissed at tha Spurs for not finishin off tha games...and taking this series. As for minority, it aint no beef man. But, u know u and me gonna disagree on thiz shit. Oh...and....arent u a timberwolves fan? Jus curious...since the Spurs suck so much. lol