Author Topic: anyone else find it wierd that...  (Read 414 times)

Don Breezio

anyone else find it wierd that...
« on: November 02, 2003, 07:03:59 PM »
90% of this board hates on ja rule 24/7 but as soon as he has a new album dropping everyone wants to hear it?...sounds like people dont hate him as much as they say (except AC Grundy...i think he wants ja dead)

Jome

Re:anyone else find it wierd that...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 08:29:57 PM »
The reason why 99% of this board hates him, is because he sold out and started singing.
Since this is supposed to be his return to hiphop, it's worth a listen or two.

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 09:06:38 PM »
The reason why 99% of this board hates him, is because he sold out and started singing.

lmao...because he uses a more harmonizing tone in his songs he sold out? did bone thugs sell out too?...i think he sold out by using the R&B bitches all the time but he's got some other great music...people act like hes the only  mf in rap to sing in his songs...50's done it, bone thugs have done it for years, eminem has done it, mos def does it....seriously theres a huge double standard when it comes to ja rule.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 09:15:21 PM »

lmao...because he uses a more harmonizing tone in his songs he sold out? did bone thugs sell out too?...i think he sold out by using the R&B bitches all the time but he's got some other great music...people act like hes the only  mf in rap to sing in his songs...50's done it, bone thugs have done it for years, eminem has done it, mos def does it....seriously theres a huge double standard when it comes to ja rule.

LMAO @ comparing Ja Rule's awful "singing" to Bone Thugs in Harmony.. oh shit!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 09:17:16 PM »

LMAO @ comparing Ja Rule's awful "singing" to Bone Thugs in Harmony.. oh shit!!

why is that so funny? its the same exact thing...they both rap, they both sing, only difference is half of bone's shit is about drugs and half of jas shit is about love...

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 09:47:02 PM »
You're mistaken.  They're different people... there's people that are vocal about him being a bitch, and then there's people that get excited about his album.  Not the same people.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 09:51:42 PM »
You're mistaken.  They're different people... there's people that are vocal about him being a bitch, and then there's people that get excited about his album.  Not the same people.

but theres a few people who have all of the sudden wanted to hear this album so bad even though they make comments about him being "a bitch"...i personally enjoy his music...its not quality music by any means but i enjoy it. the only diff. between ja rule and bone thugs is subject matter..even bone gets w/ felicia or mariah carey now and then...

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 10:03:59 PM »
i didn't even know he was coming out with a new one...wish he'd hurry up and retire

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 10:09:40 PM »
I aint neva been hatin on ja,i might cop his album ,its good that hes comin back wit more gangsta shit then all that r n b shit,too bad crooked is not on the album

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 10:10:45 PM »
this is Ja's version of Black Album ...there aint no promotion of that shit

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2003, 10:11:32 PM »
I dislike Ja Rule's music.  I don't dislike Ja Rule tho.  I don't know the guy.

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2003, 10:35:35 PM »
I don't hate hit for changing. I hated him from the first tim i heard him on Can i Get A. I thought Holla, Holla was one of the dumbest songs i've ever heard right up there with most of the cash money and No limit songs. When he started doing all the RnB be collabos just hated him more. I was glad when 50 and others started dissing him. I loved it when Dre dissed his corny ass, it takes a much stronger man to leave the house in lipstick and lace from the wreckin cru days then it does to pretend to be a thug and diss people who are twice as talented and make a complete fool out of yourself. Ja Rule is a joke and a no talent hack.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2003, 05:19:50 AM »
I don't like Ja Rule either, but the reason that I listen to all of his albums, is 'cause I own "Venni, Vetti, Vecci" and know that he can make tight music if he wants to. And on all of his other releases there were still a few songs that were a bump worth. And after he said he will come back with "Blood In My Eye" I was curious to see if this was only kinda promotion or if he's right. And I think "Blood In My Eye" is way better than his former releases (except "VVV") and I have no sorrow to say that he improved a lot in comparison to "Pain Is Love", etc.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2003, 05:20:30 AM »
It's just keeping an open mind. I haven't liked any of Ja's albums but the first song I heard I liked so I'll give it a chance. Hell, I even gave 50's album a chance when it first came out.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 10:41:13 AM »
i couldn't care less about a ja rule, i think proof summed it up best when he said "i could write a ja rule album in 2 hours" if he actually comes good you know he isn't writing that shit. i admit i ust to bump him when he first came out with holla holla but since then i8 havn't been feeling him at all really

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?