Author Topic: anyone else find it wierd that...  (Read 415 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:anyone else find it wierd that...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 01:18:51 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't know how u could even begin to compare Ja Rules singing to what Mos Def does. Ja Rule "sings" because he thinks that if he has a softer image then more people will buy his album. Mos Def uses singing as a an extra artistic expansion, when he feels the emotion involved would be better charged through singing than rapping. The fact that Mos doesn't exactly have the best singing voice in the world ever isn't a problem because at least you can feel emotion in his singing, whereas Ja Rule whailing doesn't convey anything.

Oh, and even when Ja Rule did make "hiphop" on his first album, he was still wack, so no i'm definitely not looking forward to his new album.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 04:36:18 PM »
I don't care about Ja Rule either way.  I don't hate on him, I just don't care.

I never thought he was good.  Venni, Vetti, Vecci, I'm sure is not a good album.  His voice is and always was horrible and he's not a good MC.  Like every other one of his albums I'm not looking forward to cause I just don't care about it.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2003, 06:39:08 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't know how u could even begin to compare Ja Rules singing to what Mos Def does. Ja Rule "sings" because he thinks that if he has a softer image then more people will buy his album. Mos Def uses singing as a an extra artistic expansion, when he feels the emotion involved would be better charged through singing than rapping. The fact that Mos doesn't exactly have the best singing voice in the world ever isn't a problem because at least you can feel emotion in his singing, whereas Ja Rule whailing doesn't convey anything.

Oh, and even when Ja Rule did make "hiphop" on his first album, he was still wack, so no i'm definitely not looking forward to his new album.

true !!!!! Im feelin  "Umi Says"

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2003, 09:52:27 PM »
umi says was the shit...mos is way better yes but its the same principal...and i disagree...i think ja puts a shitload of emotion into his song...just not the ones that end up on the radio...im not trying to compare skill with anyone...im saying everyperson i named does the exact same thing and noone says that they're a bitch for doing it...people have a double standard when it comes to ja rule...the sad shit is nobody sees it but me.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 08:03:02 AM »
Speaking for myself here, I am not hating on Ja because of the fact that he sings, because like you say (even though i don't believe its a true comparison) Mos Def and others do sing as well. I hate on Ja because he blatantly cannot sing at all. His singing isn't even average, it is plain terrible, and even he himself must realise this.

I'm not a big Bone Thugs fan (I only own E1999) but what they did was rap in a very soft and rhythmic way, which wasn't quite singing or quite rapping. It's not like they started off rapping hardcore and then decided that to sell more records they would harmonize more, that was just the way they were, that was their style.

I'm sure there are some people in here who hate on Ja for the sake of it, but I have to say that I can't see anything that he has done in his career which would make me want to buy or even download anything that he has done. The only Ja song in my entire cd and mp3 collection is Connected feat Crooked I and Eastwood, and that certainly wasn't downloaded for Ja's verse. To me Ja Rule epitimisis what is wrong with hiphop these days.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 08:33:19 AM »
I won't download his new shit cuz I don't have any reason to

he doesn't have skill, he can't sing, his voice is horrible and listening to him spitting gangsta lyrics would be like listening to a parody or something

since there's not a single aspect about him I like there's no point in giving him a chance.. the only reason might be curiosity since he claimed to come all hard n shit but I don't think that'll make me download it

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 11:21:53 PM »
Speaking for myself here, I am not hating on Ja because of the fact that he sings, because like you say (even though i don't believe its a true comparison) Mos Def and others do sing as well. I hate on Ja because he blatantly cannot sing at all. His singing isn't even average, it is plain terrible, and even he himself must realise this.

thats just an opinion though...while you may not like his voice others do...i enjoy his voice...true he doesnt have much skill but he makes up for it in emotion...and bone thugs does sing, and they do hardcore, and they do the more melodic rapping...im not a big bone fan either except for the songs where they mainly sing (actually its layzie that sings the most)...