Author Topic: Jigga's new album- OUTSTANDING!!!  (Read 478 times)

teecee

Jigga's new album- OUTSTANDING!!!
« on: November 04, 2003, 10:24:38 PM »
Wow, after the debacle known as The Blueprint 2, Jigga is back.  Maybe he's finally over the battle with Nas and got his head on straight and his game ready.  All i can say is, this is album is dope front to back, and maybe features the SONG OF THE YEAR  ___ ENCORE!!!  If you didnt like Kanye's production b4 this joint, this will change your mind!

Of course,  a few off songs like Change CLothes and GO and Justify My Thug (damn, for a guy who wants commercial exposure youd think Quik could lace Jigga wit more than a Madonna sampled track.....this is terrible and i am embarrassed for Quik and myself, a big QUik fan).

Other standouts include 99 PRoblems, str8 old school on this joint, Rick Rubin comes in with somthin youd find on an OLD RUn DMC or LL album, and make sure to check Jiggas flow on My ist song....

Gotta say i  did not think JAy had it in him after his last album and after losing to NAs, but props to Jay.  One thing, this album does not have a huge single like all his other albums, but who cares, it is DOPE>  peace

Woodrow

Re:Jigga's new album- OUTSTANDING!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 11:08:33 PM »
I about shit myself when I heard that Timbaland track...

That shit is SOOOOOOOO tight it's not even funny...

I liked the Quik track, I think it fit Jay-z nicely, but I can see how people wouldn't like it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 11:28:34 PM »
does the album really feature all those different producers?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 11:40:02 PM »

yes
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 11:26:10 AM »
I about shit myself when I heard that Timbaland track...

That shit is SOOOOOOOO tight it's not even funny...

rgr that.... I like My First Song too... not sure why....
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 11:43:22 AM »

yes

dre
quik (i know quik now)
em
timbo
primo
neptunes
kanye
just blaze
ect.
??

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 12:56:06 PM »
hm whats the name of dr dre track?

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 01:15:23 PM »
01. Interlude (Produced By: Just Blaze)
02. December 4th (Produced By: Just Blaze)
03. What More Can I Say (Produced By: The Buchanans)
04. Encore (Produced By: Kanye West)
05. Change Clothes (Produced By: The Neptunes)
06. Dirt Off Your Shoulder (Produced By: Timbaland)
07. Threat (Produced By: 9th Wonder)
08. Moment of Clarity (Produced By: Eminem)
09. 99 Problems (Produced By: Rick Ruben)
10. Public Service Announcement (Produced By: Just Blaze)
11. Justify My Thug (Produced By: DJ Quik)
12. Lucifer (Produced By: Kanye West)
13. Allure (Produced By: The Neptunes)
14. My 1st Song (Produced By: Aqua)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 03:21:50 PM »
I thought the cd was aight when I heard it for the first time but its growing on me reaaaal fast.  Theres not real standout tracks (yet), but as a whole its solid. Alot of good tracks like "Dirt Off Your Shoulder ", "Threat", "Encore", or "My 1st Song". And I LOVE the melody on "December 4". And I think the Neptunes beats are sick.
As a Bigg Quik Fan I gotta say that his beat is below average. its nothing special at all. All of Quiks recent production was kinda average for his standards (Quarterbackin RMX, the Busta Joint and now this). I was really lookin forward to this Quik-Jayz collabo but I guess it didnt come out how I expected  :-\  but then again it fits to Jays style, hes catering his beat to what Jay-Z wants, cause I cant imagine Jigga rappin over a "DO It" or "Let Me Know" beat. i hate to say it but the other producers outshined him on this album. But anyway Jay probably wanted this type of track and he is happy with it, and its good pub for Quik anyway.

this album gets a 4 / 5 from me (as of now)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 03:24:19 PM by Lil Jizzay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 07:25:24 PM »
apparently DefJam/ROC leaked this to get a "feel" for it or somethin.. and they are releasing a different version. it will still keep the 14 tracks, but they are adding 2 bonus tracks -- one is slated to be the Dre produced track

Taken from http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=500

Did Rocafella Fool Downloaders??  

It seems that the album that's been circulating on the net for a few days was just a 'test'.
"The goodfolks at ROC released this album to get a buzz on the streets. Jay is going to alter atleast a quarter to half of the album by release day. There will still be fourteen tracks with 2 hidden bonus tracks.

So far, the buzz created has been an optimistic one, a success i would call it. Wow, jay z's intentions with releasing this early is going to hype the album of the year even moreso. Dre will make the final cut and the song will be released as his second single. The Dre joint will amaze
everyone cuz it's definitely something everyone didn't expect to hear from the ROC".
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 07:33:33 PM »
hopefully that news is true

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 07:39:02 PM »
I personally love that track Quik did. It fit perfectly to Jigga and Jay had some great lyrics on it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2003, 08:02:38 PM »
lucifer is 1 of my favs, and i think my name is hov should be on it, and change clothes is the worst song ever...

Jome

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2003, 09:30:11 PM »
lucifer is 1 of my favs, and i think my name is hov should be on it, and change clothes is the worst song ever...

My name is Hov = Public Service Announcement

apparently DefJam/ROC leaked this to get a "feel" for it or somethin.. and they are releasing a different version. it will still keep the 14 tracks, but they are adding 2 bonus tracks -- one is slated to be the Dre produced track

Taken from http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=500

Did Rocafella Fool Downloaders??  

It seems that the album that's been circulating on the net for a few days was just a 'test'.
"The goodfolks at ROC released this album to get a buzz on the streets. Jay is going to alter atleast a quarter to half of the album by release day. There will still be fourteen tracks with 2 hidden bonus tracks.

So far, the buzz created has been an optimistic one, a success i would call it. Wow, jay z's intentions with releasing this early is going to hype the album of the year even moreso. Dre will make the final cut and the song will be released as his second single. The Dre joint will amaze
everyone cuz it's definitely something everyone didn't expect to hear from the ROC".

Would be sick, but the MTV story doesn't make this seem legit:

Jay-Z's Black Album Coming Sooner Than Planned
11.05.2003 5:21 PM EST

Jay-Z
Photo: MTV News
"They're at it again." — Jay-Z

The Black Album will no longer drop on Black Friday.

A copy of what's supposed to be Jay-Z's last LP has made its way onto the Internet, so Roc-A-Fella has moved the album's release date up two weeks, from November 28 to November 14.

"They're at it again," Jay said Wednesday (November 5) with a smile while visiting the offices of MTV. "They're getting better."

It's not that Jay is elated that his last project has been floating around in the hands of music pirates, he's just taking it in stride (see "Jay-Z's The Black Album: The End Of An Era"). After all, he's been there before. Young Hov did admit that he was a little heated upon hearing of the bootlegging, but has had a chance to digest the situation.

"I'm so used to it," he said. "It's like you plan to do one thing, then you just gotta go to plan B. For a second I was like, 'This is wack. Every time?'

"But it's good though," he continued, putting everything in perspective. "I've made 13 albums to this point. So to still be relevant like that and to still be hot in the streets is a good thing. If the project ain't hot, you might not get bootlegged at all."

Jay blamed the theft of his music on a security breakdown at the plant where it's sent to be pressed.

"Once it hits the plant you have no control over it," he explained. "If they want it, they get it. It touches too many hands not to get it."

Jay said that while the pirating has hurt the album's set-up, he has a few tricks up his Roc-A-Wear sleeve so sales don't slack. Like Obie Trice and the G-Unit, he too is including three golden tickets in three different copies of The Black Album (see "G-Unit, Blink-182, Puddle Of Mudd Offer Fans Golden Opportunities").

"I got a golden ticket giveaway going on too," Jigga explained. "I got three Mercedes Benzes, not one, not two ... three Mercedes. They can't get the Maybach, let's not get crazy, but it's something nice though. I did something with Mercedes where they used some of my lyrics in their ads, so I already had some dealings with them. The album was coming up and I was like, 'Give me three of those joints, let the people have them.' That's how simple it was."

As second-place prizes, Jay is giving away 10 books with all his lyrics printed in them.

With a new November 14 date for his record, Hov is still looking toward the end of the month. There's that little matter of his November 25 concert at New York's Madison Square Garden, where he promises to bring out some big-name surprise guests.

"I'm about to get into heavy preparations," Jay said. "Right now I'm just going through the show list. There's some songs that I wanna do that I haven't performed in years."

—Shaheem Reid

hector

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2003, 11:21:21 PM »
Yeah I think the album is dope, and I never even listen to Jay Z.  I like the Quik produced song.  I think the beat is tight, and is a good party beat.  A typical west coast Quik beat would probably be too laid back, and this song is more of a club sounding song.