Author Topic: Shady Records Tried to sign dead prez  (Read 625 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Shady Records Tried to sign dead prez
« on: November 16, 2003, 12:57:23 PM »
In the new XXL (With Jigga on the cover) there's a really good article with dp. They mention that Shady, along with Bad Boy & Roc-A-Fella tried to sign them. That would be some weird shit but I think dp could make some dope shit over beats by Em & Dre.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ILL-Logic-AL

Re:Shady Records Tried to sign dead prez
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 01:02:35 PM »
Talk about no loyalty to your own.

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 01:10:28 PM »
fuck Dead Prez and all thier fuckin Propaganda BullShit
those wack ass fucks are just saying that to cause some publicity
because that is all they are is controversy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 01:33:08 PM »
LMAO...signed by the devil himself, eh?

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 05:21:19 PM »
They're very, very, very bad businessmen if they refused a deal from any of those 3 labels.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 05:22:23 PM »
They're very, very, very bad businessmen if they refused a deal from any of those 3 labels.
They don't care about money, they care about there music not being diluted.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 05:34:58 PM »

how respectable.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 05:40:10 PM »

how respectable.
I agree.

Paris

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 06:27:40 PM »

I respect that a lot. But what about they families? I'm pretty sure that they can make money on a major label, but not be forced into "selling out" and going "mainstream".

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 06:39:18 PM »

I respect that a lot. But what about they families? I'm pretty sure that they can make money on a major label, but not be forced into "selling out" and going "mainstream".
Actually people would be surprised how much you can make independent. Lots of indi artists make from 7-10 dollars per album whereas major label artists make like 1-2 if they're lucky. Sometimes it's less than that.

Paris

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 06:48:47 PM »

Actually people would be surprised how much you can make independent. Lots of indi artists make from 7-10 dollars per album whereas major label artists make like 1-2 if they're lucky. Sometimes it's less than that.

Oh I know that much, but I'm talkin' about pushing units and heavy promotion and what not. Something that a lot of indy artists lack.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 06:50:17 PM »

Oh I know that much, but I'm talkin' about pushing units and heavy promotion and what not. Something that a lot of indy artists lack.
True, but they can still make the same amount of money if they have a solid fanbase (like dp & many underground artists do).

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2003, 08:31:17 PM »
yeah if you look at a lot of the more underground artists they arent as 'poor' as they sound...once word gets out that they are good it all goes up hill

SGV

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2003, 08:50:47 PM »
If you think cats on Indi's are broke, go to the South. Lil Flip, Master P, Baby, etc all were balling before they were major. dp has a following and a fan base. They're gonna sell consistent regardless.

kottonmouthninja

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2003, 08:53:54 PM »
dont they hate white people or something? i dont know much about them so educate me, and also they are stupid for not takeing those deals they could atleast drop one album and then never talk to them again, im sure they wouldnt mind alot of money i mean you know how many rappers would die for a chance to sign to one of those lables? anyways someone educate me on them.