Author Topic: Shady Records Tried to sign dead prez  (Read 626 times)

kottonmouthninja

Re:Shady Records Tried to sign dead prez
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2003, 08:56:10 PM »
If you think cats on Indi's are broke, go to the South. Lil Flip, Master P, Baby, etc all were balling before they were major. dp has a following and a fan base. They're gonna sell consistent regardless.

even if Lil Flip didnt make it big he would be rich as fuck, you know how many people loved his shit before? he gots so many underground shit it aint even funny, then when he went mainstream he started to suck, everybody is crazy about Mike Jones, and Guerilla Maab right now in TX and i wouldnt blame them they thoed as hell.

SGV

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2003, 09:01:17 PM »
It's a trip how much money they make in the South.

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2003, 09:20:26 PM »
im glad they didnt take that deal...with some of the bullshit comin off shady/aftermath and Rocafella i think it would've been the wrong place for them

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 02:46:26 AM »
im glad they didnt take that deal...with some of the bullshit comin off shady/aftermath and Rocafella i think it would've been the wrong place for them
True... ive had love from dpz since i first heard em...great mucis...no compromise

although i thing maybe if they joined aftermath their destiny and music may be less theirs

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 01:18:43 PM »
dont they hate white people or something?

In my opinion they don't. To me, their main focus is on Whites, but not necessarily all of us, definetly not those of us who are not racist. Their main beef seems to be with the "system" which is run by Whites. Just my 2 cents.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2003, 04:37:28 PM »
It would be a wack move..
I would rather see a Banks solo, a Proof solo, than a Dead Prez album on Shady..

Plus, they couldn't hate on white people if Eminem produced the track.. (They're already ran by white people, so it wouldn't be much of a difference anyways though)

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2003, 04:49:18 PM »
Independent artists aren't that poor. Doing it yourselves is the best way. Too many snakes in the game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 06:12:31 PM »
Dead Prez is dumb, bottom line.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2003, 06:41:25 PM »

In my opinion they don't. To me, their main focus is on Whites, but not necessarily all of us, definetly not those of us who are not racist. Their main beef seems to be with the "system" which is run by Whites. Just my 2 cents.

I never knew you was white.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 06:41:49 PM by The_Second_Coming »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2003, 06:44:22 PM »

That's because I don't emphasize my race but a universal Brotherhood under One God.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2003, 08:25:44 PM »

That's because I don't emphasize my race but a universal Brotherhood under One God.

Actually, it's because you're a wigger.

kottonmouthninja

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2003, 08:59:53 PM »
Well said NIK

Mikey_Yayo

• Lil Geezy
  • --$$Feel the realness coming from the realest$$--
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2003, 10:47:40 PM »
damn...
YBP Entertainment 2004
YBP Online - Coming Soon

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2003, 05:00:13 AM »
Had to turn into a race issue didn't it. Oh well.

Like Lincoln said, Dead Prez are against the system created by white people, and do not hate every single white person in the world.

And signing for Shady or Bad Boy would have been a stupid move for them, their outlook is completly different to the ones expressed by both of those labels, and neither have any producers which would work well with Dead Prez. Out of the three I think Rocafella would have been the best option, although I can still see why they turned them down, but just think how dope Kanye West + Dead Prez could have been.

Anyway I think they have made the best decision by going independent and hopefully there album will achieve good success, as long as all the dedicated fans pick it up I see no reason why it shouldn't.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2003, 05:42:06 AM »
...Anyway I think they have made the best decision by going independent...