Author Topic: ever notice  (Read 115 times)

pappy

ever notice
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:51:42 PM »
that most liberals are people from well to do back grounds an never really struggled in life that dont kno what its really like out there in the real world.  see trauma i havnt completely changed

kottonmouthninja

Re:ever notice
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 10:59:39 PM »
the streets raised me!!!!

:P jk lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 06:30:14 AM »
Yeah, and the sad thing is, as I see it, Liberals are pretty opressive.  They want to get minorities afirmative action, and things like that, because they believe that because a person is black, or latino, they can't get a good job.  They actually PROMOTE THIS, and all the minorities believe it! That's what I don't get.  Somebody is sitting there saying "Oh, Here, we'll make it where they HAVE to hire you, god knows you'd never get the job on your own"... and the minorities GO ALONG WITH IT!  The leading liberals in america have a generally condescending attitude, and about half of America is fooled by it. In the meanwhile, they claim republicans are racist, when it was the REPUBLICANS who go the civil rights bill passed!  Think about that shit for a minute.  There were more democrats that voted against the civil rights bill then there were republicans, and republicans are the one everybody says is racist.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 04:36:10 PM »
Yeah, and the sad thing is, as I see it, Liberals are pretty opressive.  They want to get minorities afirmative action, and things like that, because they believe that because a person is black, or latino, they can't get a good job.  They actually PROMOTE THIS, and all the minorities believe it! That's what I don't get.  Somebody is sitting there saying "Oh, Here, we'll make it where they HAVE to hire you, god knows you'd never get the job on your own"... and the minorities GO ALONG WITH IT!  The leading liberals in america have a generally condescending attitude, and about half of America is fooled by it. In the meanwhile, they claim republicans are racist, when it was the REPUBLICANS who go the civil rights bill passed!  Think about that shit for a minute.  There were more democrats that voted against the civil rights bill then there were republicans, and republicans are the one everybody says is racist.  

So what youre saying is, when Liberals try to help level the playing field that was already tilted completely to ONE side from past racist policies...THEY are being racist? Thats kind of funny. Does that mean, the abolishment of Slavery...was a racist policy also?! lol Poor slave owners...must have been so hard for them to cope with life.  ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 09:24:10 PM »
Read history.  Slavery was abolished by a republican.  

The abolishment policies were about treating people EQUALLY.

Affirmative action, championed by democrats, is about treating minorities different, because of their skin color.  

Republicans have always been the traditional party fighting for EQUAL rights for all people.  Democrats have always been the party fighting for discrimination based on skin color.  Any way you look at it, this is true.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 11:07:12 PM »
Read history.  Slavery was abolished by a republican.  

The abolishment policies were about treating people EQUALLY.

Affirmative action, championed by democrats, is about treating minorities different, because of their skin color.  

Republicans have always been the traditional party fighting for EQUAL rights for all people.  Democrats have always been the party fighting for discrimination based on skin color.  Any way you look at it, this is true.  

It doesnt matter who abolished slavery. That wasnt my point. Reread the post.

Affirmative Action is ALSO about people being treated EQUALLY. With one difference. Its used ALONGside the understanding...that PEOPLE make racist/prejudice decisions. If that wasnt the case, then something like Affirmative Action wouldnt be needed. But in your view, minorities MUST be weaker then white males...or else they'd be in a majority of the decision making roles in the country. There is no way to stop racist thinking, and not a real way to guarentee that they wont hire based on race...so something must be put in place, to make things level. If youve ever wondered why some on here call u racist, its because of arguments like these that you put yourself in. If we had equal education for minorities, and equal opportunity to succeed in this country..and some sort of computer that had absolutely no biasness about it, doing all of the hiring and decision making...then no, minorities and women would not need help. But, in your eyes...its ok to expect several groups of people (black, hispanic, asian, native american, female...etc) to work much harder to gain the same success as ONE group of people (white males), which JUST so happens to be the group that YOU belong too...what a coincidence. lol