Author Topic: MILITARY SPENDING  (Read 326 times)

UnstoppableForce

MILITARY SPENDING
« on: November 18, 2003, 12:52:32 AM »
HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT COULD BE DONE INSTEAD, WITH CERTAIN AMOUNTS OF MONEY SPENT ON THE MILITARY

$100...11 hand grenades OR11 Blankets for refugees

$4,000...1 rocket launcher OR3-day training for 160 youth in peace building

$14,000...1 cluster bomb OREnroll 2 children in Head Start

$40,000...1 Hellfire missile OR2 home health aides for disabled elderly

$145,600...1 Bunker-buster guided bomb ORAssociate Degree training for 29 RNs

$586,000...1,000 M-16 Rifles ORRent subsidies for 1,000 families

$763,000...1 minute war on Iraq ORAnnual salary/benefits for 15 RNs

$46 million...1 hour war on Iraq ORImprove, repair, modernize 20 schools

$130 million...7 unmanned Predator drones ORWIC program nutrition for 200,000 families

$275 million...3 tests of missile defense system OREradicate polio worldwide

$350 million...Trident II missiles ORBest vaccinations for 10 million children worldwide

$413 million...Amphibious Warfare Landing Ship Program ORChildcare for 68,000 needy children

$494 million...1 year military aid to Colombia OR7,000 units of affordable housing

$1.1 billion...1 day of war on Iraq ORPrevent cuts to education programs (FY2003)

$1.2 billion...2 months U.S. war force in Afghanistan ORMinimum support to save Amtrak train service

$2.1 billion...1 Stealth bomber ORAnnual salary/benefits for 38,000 elementary teachers

$12 billion...1 year cost of war in Afghanistan (2001/2002) ORDouble federal funding for mass transit

$16 billion...1 year nuclear weapons program ORHealthcare coverage for 7 million children

$38 billion...1 month U.S. current military spending ORSave 11 million lives worldwide fighting infectious diseases
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 12:56:42 AM by SandNigga »

Don Breezio

Re:MILITARY SPENDING
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 12:59:33 AM »
thats a good list...its too bad we dont spend it on better funding and whatnot and end up spending it on weapons we dont need

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 01:04:09 AM »
thats a good list...its too bad we dont spend it on better funding and whatnot and end up spending it on weapons we dont need

A conservatives response to that would be "Fuck the people. We don't have to spend money to help anyone; instead we can spend all our money to bomb other countries and steal their oil"

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 01:06:09 AM »

A conservatives response to that would be "Fuck the people. We don't have to spend money to help anyone; instead we can spend all our money to bomb other countries and steal their oil"

yeah but trauma's not online right now

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 07:04:56 AM »
No, actually my response is this.  And I'm a conservative.

I would love to spend the money to buy blankets for refugees.  As a matter of fact, I'd much rather spend the money to buy blankets for bums living on the streets in america, before I go to another country and do it.  However, we have a problem.

People around the world hate us.  Lots of them.  In the 70's and 80's, they came over here, bombed airliners, hijacked planes, etc. bombed interests in foriegn countries.  We just ignored them.  We didn't even need an army, because we just ignored all the terrorist threats we had against us.  

Sadly, on Sept. 11th, 2001, we learned that you can't ignore people that hate you, because sometimes they will hit you hard.  they hit us pretty hard, so we had 2 choices, continue ignoring them, and let them bomb us some more, or attack them before they can attack us.  there is no appeasing these people, because their goal is to bring down the greatest country in the world, the United States.  That is their STATED goal, not to get us out of Palestine, not to get us away from their oil, their STATED goal is the destruction of the United States.  There is no appeasing that, because they will not sway from their stated goal.  They hate us, although we have no hate for anyone in the world.  If we did, we would have destroyed them years ago.  

Anyways, in a REAL world, (which I know many of you kids don't know anything about), REAL threats needs REAL responses.  I hate that we have to have an army, that's my brothers and sisters dying out there.  Like every other country, EVER, however, we unfortunately HAVE to have an army.  Now, Now, I know this is a silly concept for you people, but NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE GOOD.  Many are EVIL.  Unfortunately, you have to do BAD THINGS to evil people.  That's why you need a military.  

Appeasement: Here's what happens to people who try to have peace.  U.N. was in Iraq on a peace mission, got the shit bombed out of them, they had to leave.  The Iraqi resistance didn't give a shit that the U.N. was there for peace, because they're evil and want to kill everybody.  Sad, but true.  Turkey, wanted peace, they didn't want to help us out in this battle, remember?  They had a huge bombing over the weekend, killed a couple dozen people.  Unfortunately, nobody cares that Turkey wants peace.

PEACE DOESN'T WORK.  Listen to me, this is golden.  Wars are not fought for Peace, they are fought for VICTORY.  There is no peace without VICTORY.  

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 07:09:00 AM »
there is no peace with victory either... people will fight people regardless.. its why the british gave up their imperial pursuits and has ended up handing everything we conquered back.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 08:33:20 AM »
"to secure peace is to prepare for war"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 10:34:32 AM »
also a funny thing about a budget......money that is slated to go to a certain thing HAS to go to that certain thing....so if america had a budget for $4000 that is supposed to be spent on people that have pussy aches over a war..... sandnigga would get about $250...

it's not like we tap into a school budget to buy bombs, we don't tap into healthcare to manufacture new tanks. they have thier own given amount of money

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 04:11:59 PM »
also a funny thing about a budget......money that is slated to go to a certain thing HAS to go to that certain thing....so if america had a budget for $4000 that is supposed to be spent on people that have pussy aches over a war..... sandnigga would get about $250...

it's not like we tap into a school budget to buy bombs, we don't tap into healthcare to manufacture new tanks. they have thier own given amount of money

Obviously you don't know shit about how this works. If a president wants to increase spending on one thing, the military for example, then he can accomplish this by either raising taxes or cutting spending on other things, such as education. Democrats raise taxes; Republicans cut programs... That's MOST of the time. Even Trauma would agree with me on this point.

I'm not saying either one is right, because I don't believe we really need $1 billion a day spent on our military. I just think education deserves more than 2.9%

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 06:52:08 PM »
i didn't say he couldn't lower budgets but you're saying "instead of missles, let's buy iraqis stuffed elephants and tickle me elmos"

the money is used on missles not some stupid shit you think it should be used on and the way this world is going....people hated america before the war.....so we started fucking things up....now more people hate us so we have to fuck things up some more.

i wish money could be spent on big beautiful schools and not weapons but what's going to happen when a damn towel head crashes a plane into our new school?

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 09:07:55 PM »
there is no peace with victory either... people will fight people regardless.. its why the british gave up their imperial pursuits and has ended up handing everything we conquered back.

There IS peace after Victory.  The reason England didn't get peace, is because they got their ass whooped by the American colonys, it made the country weak.  If England would have beat us, we would have lived here like nice little children and followed whatever the King told us to, we wouldn't have any other choice.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 09:09:30 PM »

There IS peace after Victory.  The reason England didn't get peace, is because they got their ass whooped by the American colonys, it made the country weak.  If England would have beat us, we would have lived here like nice little children and followed whatever the King told us to, we wouldn't have any other choice.  

there IS peace after victory? cuz im pretty sure america has been victorious several times and yet...whats that? we're still at war? hmmm...kinda fucks up your point there doesnt it trauma

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 09:09:47 PM »
i didn't say he couldn't lower budgets but you're saying "instead of missles, let's buy iraqis stuffed elephants and tickle me elmos"

the money is used on missles not some stupid shit you think it should be used on and the way this world is going....people hated america before the war.....so we started fucking things up....now more people hate us so we have to fuck things up some more.

i wish money could be spent on big beautiful schools and not weapons but what's going to happen when a damn towel head crashes a plane into our new school?

Exactly, where is the common sense in these protestors?  We can't ignore these people like we have forever.  We need to take it to them hard, the whole fucking world is going to benefit from George Bush's balls.  

smerlus

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2003, 09:40:33 PM »

there IS peace after victory? cuz im pretty sure america has been victorious several times and yet...whats that? we're still at war? hmmm...kinda fucks up your point there doesnt it trauma

where's the peace? germany isn't communist, italy isn't communist......russia doesn't start shit anymore....japan doesn't fuck shit up....panama doesn't fuck shit up....afghanistan really doesn't mess with nothing....mexico doesn't fuck with us....canada doesn't fuck with us....britain doesn't fuck with us.... want me to name some more peaceful countries after US victories?

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2003, 09:47:11 PM »

where's the peace? germany isn't communist, italy isn't communist......russia doesn't start shit anymore....japan doesn't fuck shit up....panama doesn't fuck shit up....afghanistan really doesn't mess with nothing....mexico doesn't fuck with us....canada doesn't fuck with us....britain doesn't fuck with us.... want me to name some more peaceful countries after US victories?

we're still at war, its like a big chain, we go to war with one country and win then another country wants a piece. we will never stop fighting unless we do just that...STOP FIGHTING.