Author Topic: Remakes  (Read 302 times)

Don Breezio

Remakes
« on: November 20, 2003, 04:57:55 PM »
there have been a lot of classic songs remade into something that is not as good but was an entertaining shot...for example Slick Ricks Children's Story Was remade by everlast & mos def (not together), Grandmaster Flash - The Message = Puff Daddy - Can't nobody hold me down

what songs do you think will be remade in the next 20 years?

i would say:

California Love
Regulators
If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)

normally i would say "In Da Club" or some HUGE hit...but that song already has 9000 different versions of it by every fucking artist in rap right now...and some in rock & R&B! lol...what do you guys think will be remade?

mrtonguetwista

Re:Remakes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 05:01:33 PM »
FACE DOWN, ASS UP -- 2 LIVE CREW

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 05:02:31 PM »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 05:06:49 PM »
Black Rob remade "Children's Story" also, and it was the best of the bunch.

I believe that "Regulate" has been remade but I can't seem to remember by who right now.

Kurtis Blow did "If I Ruled The World" and I believe that's where Nas got the idea from, but I've never heard the original.

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 05:08:36 PM »
Black Rob remade "Children's Story" also, and it was the best of the bunch.

I believe that "Regulate" has been remade but I can't seem to remember by who right now.

Kurtis Blow did "If I Ruled The World" and I believe that's where Nas got the idea from, but I've never heard the original.

someone remade regulate? now that would be interesting to hear...yeah now that i think about i remember black robs version of childrens story too...but yeah even the mos def one was kinda wack...the lyrics were cool but the rest kinda sucked. i'm gonna have to dl the black rob one again though...i havent heard it in a long time

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 05:13:54 PM »
G.L.G.B.N.A.F. *GIRLS LET'S GET BUTT NAKED AND FUCK*--ICE-T

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 05:20:08 PM »
I remember what I was thinking about.

Jadakiss feat. Nate Dogg - "Kiss is Spittin"

Not really a remake.  Very similar beat but I wouldn't call it a remake.

Pink Floyd

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 05:40:35 PM »
I believe "California Love" was already remade by some R&B singer. Well, it wasn't really a remake, it was more a re-singing of the chorus over and over on a mellow beat.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 08:35:31 PM »
I believe "California Love" was already remade by some R&B singer. Well, it wasn't really a remake, it was more a re-singing of the chorus over and over on a mellow beat.

tq remade it but he never recorded it...its only been performed live

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 11:00:05 PM »

tq remade it but he never recorded it...its only been performed live

LOL many many artists probably did this

teecee

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 12:13:45 AM »
Kurtis Blows If I Ruled The World is actually a dope song if ya havent heard it.........

And Regulate and Kiss is Spittin are sampled from Keep Forgetting by Michael Macdonald, kiss is spittin even interpolates the chorus.  

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 12:51:53 AM »
Kurtis Blows If I Ruled The World is actually a dope song if ya havent heard it.........

And Regulate and Kiss is Spittin are sampled from Keep Forgetting by Michael Macdonald, kiss is spittin even interpolates the chorus.  
yep

well children's story has been remade by Montell Jordan, Black Rob but im not sure if anybody else did it.  I know that there was a California Love with only Roger Troutman (R.I.P.).  Roger Troutman's More Bounce has been sampled time and time again.  

In the next 20 years i could see, obviously countless Pac songs being remade.  

I dont know its hard to tell a lot of these songs today are too soft to be worthy of being remade.

If we just talking about the beat then there will be a grip of songs being sampled.

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003, 11:58:48 AM »

yep

well children's story has been remade by Montell Jordan, Black Rob but im not sure if anybody else did it.  I know that there was a California Love with only Roger Troutman (R.I.P.).  Roger Troutman's More Bounce has been sampled time and time again.  

In the next 20 years i could see, obviously countless Pac songs being remade.  

I dont know its hard to tell a lot of these songs today are too soft to be worthy of being remade.

If we just talking about the beat then there will be a grip of songs being sampled.

montell jordan only used 1 verse...not the whole song. it has been remade by black rob, mos def & talib kweli, everlast, and a few others i believe

Diabolical

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 01:23:18 PM »

Sahra Connor Aka Dres Biggest Fan Aka TQs 2nd Biggest Fan

West C. Connected

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003, 01:49:34 PM »
I remember what I was thinking about.

Jadakiss feat. Nate Dogg - "Kiss is Spittin"

Not really a remake.  Very similar beat but I wouldn't call it a remake.

Same sample, that's all.  ;)