Author Topic: OUTKAST- what's their best album  (Read 221 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
OUTKAST- what's their best album
« on: November 21, 2003, 09:39:10 AM »
We should have a thread like this every now and than since all of their albums are extremely solid, near classic and classic and the more one listen's to Kast opinions as to which one is the fave often shift, For a long time my most fave was Aquemini, but recently Ive been tending towards ATLiens....I feel it was simply perfect, Aquemini did have tiny weak moments that were of course far outshined by the amazing moments yet mathematicly ATLiens must be their all time greatest.

what yall think?- explain yo choices, this aint a poll.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 03:49:00 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

teecee

Re:OUTKAST- what's their best album
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 09:54:38 AM »
No time to explain, but i gotta go in this order

1) Atliens
2) Southerplayalistic......
3) Aquemini
4)  tied- Stankonia and double cd (like some songs of both, but lack of consistency hurts these projects)

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 10:50:50 AM »
1. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - This album is the best to me due to the fact of nastalgia. At the time the sound was so new, fresh, innovating. Nothing sounded like it ever and coming from the South made even more incredible since the only one's seeing them on a musical/lyrical level from the South in that era were Face and UGK.

2. Aquemini - When you look at the production and lyrical standpoint this is by far their best work. It took awhile to grow on me when it first came out because 'Kast always change so dramatically and try such new things it takes a while to sink in.

3. ATLiens - Just an incredible album. Classic, all first three 'Kast albums are classic.

4. Stankonia - Great album. Unfairly hated on.

5. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below - Not really an OutKast album. Andre delivered a great album although I don't put it down as hip hop. Fat Sax was hit or miss but still worth buying and listening to.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 11:22:15 AM »
damn i cant put em in order but ATLiens is their best cd, its good from start to finish

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 11:51:52 AM »
1) Aquemini - Art of Storytelling...nuff said
2) ATLiens tied With Southernplayalisticaddilacmuzik
3) Big Boi & Dre Present...(i know its mainly old shit but i love the album)
4) stankonia tied with speakerboxxx/love below

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 12:44:02 PM »
Aquemini

I might explain later, no time now.   :P

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 04:04:27 PM »
aquemini, hands down

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 07:33:48 PM »
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is the only one I own. I like it so I guess that would make it my favorite.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 07:37:52 PM »

SGV

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 07:48:47 PM »
It's that Southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymuzik.....

01. Southernplayalistic

The best album they ever did. They've never came close to topping it, NEVER. Nothing but classic material over amazing beats with real dope rhymes. Kept it simple and did try too hard to be "different."

02. Speakerboxx/Love Below

Odd, but I like it much better than their middle 3 LPs. Andre's disc is  :o Big Boi's disc needs a little work, but Dre lifted it back up. Dope fusion of many genres.

03. Stankonia

Sort of the return to the old days. Still a weak album compared to their debut.

04. ATLiens

I can at least bump a couple tracks on it from time to time. But, for the most part, garbage.

05. Aquemini

If not for "Skew It On The Bar-B" this album would never get a spin from me. I can't see why people say it's classic, I think it's horrible.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 10:01:05 PM »
03. Stankonia

Sort of the return to the old days. Still a weak album compared to their debut.

i couldnt stand this album...for the most part it was bullshit and the only decent tracks they played 7,000 times per day on every single radio station...shit just got annoying.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 11:13:37 PM »
1. Aquemini

so man classic songs, so much influence, just unfadable.....best SOUTHERN rap album

2. Stankonia

along with dre 2001, this is the most influencial modern day hip hop album that has come out in the past 5 years (production wise)

3. ATLiens

again it's got maaaaad inlfuence in the production and topics.....straight up , that whole neo soul movement wouldn't of gotten off the ground without this album

4. speaker boxxx/the love below

andre's cd .......classic hands down....the best  rap cd in a looooooong while. big bois was a very solid album but he was lacking style and personality on this one.

5. Southern playa...

still a fucking classic classic classic .....CLASSIC album but it's not as consistant. it's probably the most influencial of their albums but the content is not as great as the others.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 03:47:29 AM »

4. speaker boxxx/the love below

andre's cd .......classic hands down....the best  rap cd in a looooooong while. big bois was a very solid album but he was lacking style and personality on this one.

no doubt Andre's cd is some dope ass classic shit, production-wise, concept-wise, Lyriclly,
yet Im not quite sure we can render it as a rap cd, since it ain't Rap for the most part.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2003, 06:12:16 AM »
damn i cant put em in order but ATLiens is their best cd, its good from start to finish