2 (25%)
Poor
0 (0%)
Wack as fuck
0 (0%)
The next Chingy
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Verdict on Stat Quo.. poll  (Read 255 times)

Jome

Verdict on Stat Quo.. poll
« on: November 21, 2003, 10:42:32 PM »
 ;D

IMO, he's somewhere between poor and the next Chingy..
His flow is kinda addicting, that's the only positive thing I gots to say..

I could see him blowing up after having a obscure hit, but I don't hope he sign to Aftermath..

Only a few weeks ago, we highlighted Stat Quo and announced that he was certainly destined for greatness, we'll it looks like someone is listening, as Bad Boy (who wants him to be the flagship artist to launch there Bad Boy South imprint), Universal, So So Def, and Shady Records/AfterMath (where he would be the first Southern act) are all heavily involved in a bidding war to win his services.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Verdict on Stat Quo.. poll
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 10:13:24 AM »
well i aint heard any of his shit but obviously the experts think his the next thing to blow so who knows

SGV

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:29:18 AM »
Isn't he writing most of Detox?

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 06:14:50 PM »

Hittman is still writin for it, apparently.. along with 50 other MCs
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 08:19:49 PM »
he's different...not your typical dirty south artist.  He also has a different style.  He has some nice joints, but i think him being successful all depends on whose making his beats.  If he got a hot beat, he'll make it, but anyways i would rather hear him over chingy any day.  

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 08:48:16 PM »
well i aint heard any of his shit but obviously the experts think his the next thing to blow so who knows

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 02:30:46 AM »

YES. He's workin on Detox ... btw: some good news about him next week ;)

He could be the next big thing! My opinion :)

SGV

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 09:39:05 AM »
Drop me some of his dopest tracks.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 12:33:57 PM »
I've only heard one track from him and I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 01:43:53 PM »
Drop me some of his dopest tracks.

Check his mixtape "Underground Atlanta Mixtape Vol. 2"

Review by Ballerstatus.net
We don't usually review mixtapes, the reason being that there are just too many out there. This mixtape is different. Underground Atlanta Mixtape Vol 2 is the second mixtape put out from this underground emcee on the brink of becoming a major factor in the hip hop industry. Stat Quo is his name, he is currently working with hip hop legend Dr Dre recording and hopefully becoming part of the Aftermath family, but this is not set in stone yet.

Stat is a southern artist that is making noise and if you haven't heard of him yet, you will. The mixtape starts with "The Saga Continues... The Future" featuring Dr Dre. Dr Dre talks in the intro introducing what he says is the future. If Dre believes in this dude, he has got to be good, right? Well, from listening to this effort from Stat, he has convinced me. He has got one of the most unique flows I've ever heard. On each track he can flip it to a different style and still get away with it.

The second track, "Wood Grain", is the track I first heard from this young emcee. Deejays across the country have been showing him some love and this is the track they have been playing. Felli Fell from Power 106 in Los Angeles has been breaking this record like it deserves an award. The beat is off the hook and Stat just really shows what he can do on this track. Definitely a standout track on this one.

He also, has a few freestyle tracks. He flows over the Young Bloodz "Damn", Bone Crusher's "Neva Scared", T.I.'s "24's" and Dr Dre's "Explosive", "Next Episode" & "F**k You". Another hot track is a track called "Let's Get it On" featuring Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac produced by the Midi Mafia. "Let's Get it On" is a very hot track with previous released verses from both late rappers and the Midi Mafia, who have also produced for 50 Cent, laid down a hot beat!

Overall, this mixtape is very hot! I was very impressed by Stat Quo. Before this I've only heard one track from him and was curious about hearing others. If this mixtape is hot, I can't wait to hear an actual LP from this artist. Hopefully, he finds a deal that fits him right, so we can hear more from Stat Quo! Big Up to Zeek (Grown Man Music), DJ Skee (SRC Records) and Stat Quo. Look out for them.