Author Topic: Interesting Solution to Plane Hijacking  (Read 328 times)

infinite59

Interesting Solution to Plane Hijacking
« on: September 17, 2002, 05:45:49 AM »
I listen to the Harry Browne show alot.  Harry Browne is the leader of the Liberatarian Party.  The Libertarian party believes that the government should stay out of our lives, and stay out of foriegn relations.  Kind of like Sweden.  They believe that the government could be operated simply on the money it recieves from tarifs.  They believe in the constitution and bill or rights.  But they think that since George Washington, ever year government has gotten bigger and bigger, and they want to put an end to that.

Anyway.................  Liberatarians advocate the right of any American to bear arms.  And it wasn't till about the 70's I believe when they enforced laws forbidding guns to be carried on airplanes.  The Libertarians theorize that if guns were still allowed on airplanes then they would never be hijacked.  And it's true if you think about it.  Who would hijack a plane with box cutters when they know that 6 or 7 passengers have guns on them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Interesting Solution to Plane Hijacking
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 05:50:20 AM »
Well.  Another Genius post.  First off, why would they hijack the plane with Box Cutters, if they were allowed to bring guns on?  

Second, Guns are allowed in banks.  They still get robbed.  Guns are allowed in 7-11's, they still get robbed.  If a gun is fired on the inside of a plane, it'll possibly puncture the external shell of the plane (depending on caliber) which would create a vacuum, which could do anything from nothing to breaking the whole plane in half.

Hey! While we're at it, to stop the Columbine Type School shootings, why don't we just let all kids pack 9's to class.   ::)

Zero4eva

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 08:09:41 AM »
you guys got some beef goin on, right?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 08:33:05 AM »
lol.

guns are bad....mmmmmmmkay

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 11:15:41 AM »
Well.  Another Genius post.  First off, why would they hijack the plane with Box Cutters, if they were allowed to bring guns on?  

Second, Guns are allowed in banks.  They still get robbed.  Guns are allowed in 7-11's, they still get robbed.  If a gun is fired on the inside of a plane, it'll possibly puncture the external shell of the plane (depending on caliber) which would create a vacuum, which could do anything from nothing to breaking the whole plane in half.

Hey! While we're at it, to stop the Columbine Type School shootings, why don't we just let all kids pack 9's to class.   ::)

Actually statistics prove that a gun never went off inside the plane on accident or otherwise.  For years people carried guns on planes with no problems.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 11:59:19 AM »

Actually statistics prove that a gun never went off inside the plane on accident or otherwise.  For years people carried guns on planes with no problems.

ur missing the point.... if a terrorist takes over a plane, then a civilian with a gun who shoots him will puncture the exterior of the plane

u really should just shut up... trauma made u look horrible this time

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2002, 12:18:47 PM »
I listen to the Harry Browne show alot.  Harry Browne is the leader of the Liberatarian Party.  The Libertarian party believes that the government should stay out of our lives, and stay out of foriegn relations.  Kind of like Sweden.  They believe that the government could be operated simply on the money it recieves from tarifs.  They believe in the constitution and bill or rights.  But they think that since George Washington, ever year government has gotten bigger and bigger, and they want to put an end to that.

Anyway.................  Liberatarians advocate the right of any American to bear arms.  And it wasn't till about the 70's I believe when they enforced laws forbidding guns to be carried on airplanes.  The Libertarians theorize that if guns were still allowed on airplanes then they would never be hijacked.  And it's true if you think about it.  Who would hijack a plane with box cutters when they know that 6 or 7 passengers have guns on them?

You think you've seen it all untill Infinite's next post...

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 02:29:13 PM »
I gotta agree with Trauma. They'll just kill everyone on the plane instead.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 02:37:15 PM »
You guys have a right to your opinion.  I respectfully disagree.  The time and money it would save would be worth the risk.  Do you realize how much of your tax money is spent on airport security?  Anyway.... ya'll are entitled to your opinion.

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 02:46:58 PM »
You guys have a right to your opinion.  I respectfully disagree.  The time and money it would save would be worth the risk.  Do you realize how much of your tax money is spent on airport security?  Anyway.... ya'll are entitled to your opinion.

I don't know how much of my tax money is spent on ariport security. Could you tell me please?