Author Topic: Xbox OR Ps2  (Read 403 times)

smerlus

Re:Xbox OR Ps2
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2003, 07:19:54 PM »
i got them all plus an above average gaming computer....here's what i do

if a game comes out and it's bound to have expansion capabilities i.e. morrowind or star wars KOTOR...i get it on PC

if i want graphic but don't feel like throwing it on my computer i get it for xbox

if i get a game for gameplay i get them for gamecube (plus games like metroid prime and zelda help)

and if there's games that are ps2 only.....i get them on ps2 (socom 2, castlevania)

I dunno how people can sit and play Morrowind and Star wars. RPGs are so boring and Metroid Prime is such a steaming pile of garbage I dunno how anyone can play that, it just feels wrong.

i can't stand any kind of racing games, too repetitive, sports games are the same thing every year except different names, fighting games are only good if you have someone to beat on....RTS...some are good the rest are too nerdy

so that leaves me with FPS, RPG's and action games...

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2003, 07:22:56 PM »
i got them all plus an above average gaming computer....here's what i do

if a game comes out and it's bound to have expansion capabilities i.e. morrowind or star wars KOTOR...i get it on PC

if i want graphic but don't feel like throwing it on my computer i get it for xbox

if i get a game for gameplay i get them for gamecube (plus games like metroid prime and zelda help)

and if there's games that are ps2 only.....i get them on ps2 (socom 2, castlevania)

I dunno how people can sit and play Morrowind and Star wars. RPGs are so boring and Metroid Prime is such a steaming pile of garbage I dunno how anyone can play that, it just feels wrong.

i can't stand any kind of racing games, too repetitive, sports games are the same thing every year except different names, fighting games are only good if you have someone to beat on....RTS...some are good the rest are too nerdy

so that leaves me with FPS, RPG's and action games...

I find racing games are ok if they are arcade racing games. Sports games are only good when you got at least another person to play with same with fighting games. RTS...I just never liked those much kinda like RPGs except I can't stand RPGs
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2003, 07:28:24 PM »
yeah arcade racers are fun but the last one i bought was san fran rush 2049 or whatever.....i don't like japanese RPG's they're just too linear and that whole "Jap Pop" Music they have in them makes me want to drop an A bomb on my TV.

my favorite has to be horror FPS's or just good action games with a good story

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2003, 01:36:59 AM »
x-box man

i really hadn't played video games in like 6 years , lost interest . but i got one from  some one who was movig out of state for 50 bucks.....shit is sooooooo fucking fun, plus i love x-box live, although my hook up is kinda slow....shit is what i use to dream about with my sega genesis back in the day.

this is how i rank the systems

game cube-for kiddies
ps2- for jr. highers and lower classmen
x-box for upper classmen and adults

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

smerlus

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2003, 01:48:53 AM »
x-box man

i really hadn't played video games in like 6 years , lost interest . but i got one from  some one who was movig out of state for 50 bucks.....shit is sooooooo fucking fun, plus i love x-box live, although my hook up is kinda slow....shit is what i use to dream about with my sega genesis back in the day.

this is how i rank the systems

game cube-for kiddies
ps2- for jr. highers and lower classmen
x-box for upper classmen and adults

seeing it as most games come out for all systems and you can only define the systems by thier specs and system only games
i see it as:

gamecube: gameplay, sure they're known to be aimed at the younger audience, it doesn't stop them from making games that are addicting and fun to play

ps2: quantity:  ps2 the slower, shittier looking console but it makes it up with the largest selection.....usually if it came out on xbox or cube...it also came out here

xbox: graphics: some of the most beautiful games i've seen have been for this system...of course you can get better graphics on a pc, but not every one likes spending $400 and worrying about drivers...when i game has to look it's best...no doubt this system does it justice

pc: online: really can't fuck with the wide selection of online games for the computer fps's, rpg's, rts's, sims...you name it, it's on here and usually without the fees of xbox live....and with better graphics and more freedom than ps2

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2003, 07:14:32 AM »
My favorite is the Gamecube.  I think the games are much more original for the Nintendo, which is usually the case.  The 1st party releases by nintendo are head and shoulders above any game on any of the other systems, but there aren't many of them.  So you might have 15 amazing, legendary games on the gamecube, then 60 good games, then a bunch of crap, whereas on the Ps2, you might have 5 or so legendary games, and 60 good games, then a bunch of crap, etc.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2003, 04:36:34 PM »
ps2 the slower, shittier looking console

Did I read right ??
PS2 shittier looking than plastic-chump GameCube and the XXL X-Box ???

You can say a lot of bad stuff about PS2 when it comes to graphics, but it looks like a smooth designers sweet dream as compared to GC and XB.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2003, 07:41:35 PM »
PS2 looks good but it's flimsy. I don't really care about the size or weight of the xbox, if you can't lift it with 1 hand then you seriously have problems.

Lady Scarface

-Vorte[ x ]-

• Lil Geezy
  • ...Reality is only a perception...
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2003, 08:05:51 PM »
Neither, I suggest you purchase a good computer gaming system.  To my knowledge, the X-Box is technically better than the PS2, the main difference being a better video card.  However, the XBOX still only has a measly tweaked Geforce 3 video card, which is almost obsolete by today's graphic standards, and a 700mhz processor.  

V[ x ]
-Vorte[ x ]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2003, 08:46:03 PM »
except for the fact that the way consoles are built they can play stuff that computers would need much higher reqs.

Lady Scarface

smerlus

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2003, 09:52:10 PM »
ps2 the slower, shittier looking console

Did I read right ??
PS2 shittier looking than plastic-chump GameCube and the XXL X-Box ???

You can say a lot of bad stuff about PS2 when it comes to graphics, but it looks like a smooth designers sweet dream as compared to GC and XB.

i was refering to the processing power and graphics.....alot of ps2 titles haven't discovered anti aliasing yet....