Author Topic: Do you want Detox to be a gangsta rap album?  (Read 691 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:Do you want Detox to be a gangsta rap album?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2003, 04:00:12 AM »
I want either one of the two:
The last great gangsta rap album, OR
A completely new breed of west coast music that will begin a new trend or style of rap for us, sorta as the Chronic did when it came out.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2003, 04:47:46 AM »
I think Detox will be similar to 2001. He'll surprise all of us with hot beats and the lyrics will be on point too.

And as far as guest-appearances go, hopefully artists like WC, Knoc, X & Em will be on it.

italianguy

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2003, 11:17:41 AM »
I am pretty sure that it will be a great album, a classic record, dre is the father of rap, ....nobody can't fuck with him....he produced nwa, tupac, eminem,the best snoop and the two chronic album. Detox will be the third volume of rap bible...I still have the chronic cd on my car player and I am stil not fed up of it.
The only think I don't like about dre is that he fucks with people that has nothing to do with westcoast or gangsta rap...but he does great producing

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2003, 05:36:49 PM »
Shyne could of ran shit but he didnt he got locked up
and he only had one Song and he was never as popular as 50 we talkin popularity and radio play and video play not quality and 50 has good quality compared to most
and shynes album bored me except like 4 tracks

Suga Foot

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2003, 05:42:35 PM »
I want the album to be musical.  Not just the traditional Dre Loop beats.  That's about it.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2003, 08:43:10 PM »
and yall should appreciate 50 more i mean he brought the Gangsta back in rap he might do commercial shit but yall know his commercial shit is ALOT better then 95% of all other eastcoast commercial shit and ever since hes got into the game niggas are stepping there game up and trying to come harder also if you really listen g unit and 50s album is as G funk as you can get to that old sound

i dont care if hes gangsta, dudes pissin me off everytime i hear his music. its the production that saves him cause he cant  rap at all, he had one good song flow wise which is how to rob, everything else is garbage
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2003, 10:01:09 PM »
Im sure his album will like a compilation like Quincy Jones did back in the days ...as for the sound I dont want it to be West COast I dont want it to be gangsta ...I just want sumthin new that I can Bump 10 years later

Don Breezio

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2003, 10:51:10 PM »
Shyne could of ran shit but he didnt he got locked up
and he only had one Song and he was never as popular as 50 we talkin popularity and radio play and video play not quality and 50 has good quality compared to most
and shynes album bored me except like 4 tracks

popularity and radio play dont mean shit...all it means is that it gets more annoying quicker. shyne could've had gangsta rap on lock...shyne was thugged out...whether he lived it in real life or not you gotta admit shynes music was thug. 50 is just bitch.

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2003, 12:51:19 AM »
shyne is gangsta but if you knew what i know about 50
before he was 50 youd feel where im comming from
also if 50 couldnt rap and is garbage he wouldnt  be as big as he is now on my coast 50s the man thats the just the truth hes the snoop doggy dogg of our era here out east

Don Breezio

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2003, 12:58:02 AM »
also if 50 couldnt rap and is garbage he wouldnt  be as big as he is now on my coast 50s the man thats the just the truth hes the snoop doggy dogg of our era here out east

50 is shit...there is no quality in his music at all. the beats are decent...and the guest appearances...but his flow and lyrics are straight garbage. his flow has gone waaaaayyy downhill in the last 5 years. and lyrics like "i'm a muthafuckin p.i.m.p." make me sick to hear in hip hop. 50 could be gangsta...i dont give a shit if he's been shot 400 times and is still walking...he could be the biggest gangsta on the east coast...fact is he makes bullshit pop music.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2003, 04:25:06 AM »

50 is shit...there is no quality in his music at all. the beats are decent...and the guest appearances...but his flow and lyrics are straight garbage. his flow has gone waaaaayyy downhill in the last 5 years. and lyrics like "i'm a muthafuckin p.i.m.p." make me sick to hear in hip hop. 50 could be gangsta...i dont give a shit if he's been shot 400 times and is still walking...he could be the biggest gangsta on the east coast...fact is he makes bullshit pop music.
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2003, 05:14:06 AM »
no southern fags on the album
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2003, 12:30:57 PM »
don't turn every thread in a 50 thread obsessed ass kids..

I wouldn't mind a Gangsta rap album but all I care about is the dopeness I expect from the doc and a new type of bangin beats, no matter what the subject matter is

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2003, 12:36:53 PM »
no matter how much you hate 50
your gonna see and hear from him for a very long time
and gets love from many of hip hops most respected
so hating wont accomplish nothing and i can almost promise 50 will be on detox

Don Breezio

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2003, 08:54:50 PM »
and gets love from many of hip hops most respected
so hating wont accomplish nothing and i can almost promise 50 will be on detox

the only reason he gets love from hip hops most respected is because 50 makes them money. i bet atleast half of them hate his music. and yes i agree...i can almost promise that 50 will be on detox too