Author Topic: in religious terms -> what am i?  (Read 983 times)

Don Seer

in religious terms -> what am i?
« on: July 30, 2002, 08:32:03 AM »
i'm not an athiest. because i dont denounce any god/s.

i'm not agnostic, theist or gnostic. because am not concerned with the existance of god/s. agnostics are undecided. theists and gnostics believe in gods.

maybe i'm an apath-eist ;) but that word doesnt exist...

i'm not pagan. because  1) i acknowledge other faiths with no bigotry but their god is not my god. 2) i am *something* pagans are staunchly *nothing*

the closest i've found so far are 'pagan/gnostic' but even though i dont denounce any gods. i'm notconcerned with them. gnostics pursue truth in god.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: in religious terms -> what am i?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 08:50:32 AM »

Sounds familiar.....

I 'll find out when I die.....I really can give a fuck bout religion fact or fiction.

IMO.....it's just a tool to manipulate, But like I've said before I'll fry in hell If I'm wrong....lol
& I'll see 98% of you all down there with me, if there is a hell.
And that's the truth....it's to hard.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 08:52:11 AM »

i'm not agnostic, theist or gnostic. because am not concerned with the existance of god/s. agnostics are undecided. theists and gnostics believe in gods.

i'm not pagan. because  1) i acknowledge other faiths with no bigotry but their god is not my god. 2) i am *something* pagans are staunchly *nothing*

the closest i've found so far are 'pagan/gnostic' but even though i dont denounce any gods. i'm notconcerned with them. gnostics pursue truth in god.

Your A Muslim.  You believe that you have a creator. So your a Muslim.  You just don't know it yet.  Allah makes suggestions and puts idea's in our heart, and we soon become conscious of those ideas.  Moses and Muhammad spoke directly to God.  Okay, I've gotten completely off subject......

Actually, I didn't understand what you said.  First of all.  You said God/s.  That's a big difference.  You either believe in One God like Islam and Judaism, or multiple Gods like Christianity (trinity) and Buhdism.

Secondly, you said you believe in a God, but your not concerned with a God, what does that mean?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 09:37:11 AM »
Your A Muslim.  You believe that you have a creator. So your a Muslim.  You just don't know it yet.  Allah makes suggestions and puts idea's in our heart, and we soon become conscious of those ideas.  Moses and Muhammad spoke directly to God.  Okay, I've gotten completely off subject......

Nope not muslim.

My creator is some stuff my parents once did that i'd rather not try and picture.

and onto the next point...

Actually, I didn't understand what you said.  First of all.  You said God/s.  That's a big difference.

it depends on how you perceive 'god'. i dont covet one.

You either believe in One God like Islam and Judaism, or multiple Gods like Christianity (trinity) and Buhdism.

if you are islamic or jewish. you have one god.
if you are christian or buhdist. you have many gods.

so there are god/s.
i dont covet or worship 'a' or 'any' god/s.

Secondly, you said you believe in a God, but your not concerned with a God, what does that mean?

i have no god of my own. but i dont de-nounce that god/s exist.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 12:13:10 PM »

Nope not muslim.

My creator is some stuff my parents once did that i'd rather not try and picture.

and onto the next point...

it depends on how you perceive 'god'. i dont covet one.

if you are islamic or jewish. you have one god.
if you are christian or buhdist. you have many gods.

so there are god/s.
i dont covet or worship 'a' or 'any' god/s.

i have no god of my own. but i dont de-nounce that god/s exist.

Yo dogg...... I think your an atheist man.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 12:28:09 PM »

if you are christian you have many gods.

Grrrrr we tried explaining before but you still find it very hard to comprehend

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 12:45:59 PM »
naww coz athiests are anti-religion.

they run around saying god doesnt exist.
and they don't know what factual basis there is in a lot of religious texts.

i'm closest to being pagan or agnostic than anything else i've heard of so far.

agnostics are undecided. but i know what i believe in.
gnostics are decided. BUT its a strictly christian thing.
pagans are described as 'godless non-religious heathens'  ??? (2 outta 3)

I view god or gods as figure heads or icons within the religion, they to help provide focus.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2002, 12:46:52 PM »

Grrrrr we tried explaining before but you still find it very hard to comprehend

it doesnt really matter here.. anyways infinite started it :p

MidnightPills

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2002, 03:44:06 PM »

your a heathen.... pain and simple... just like the rest of the world who doesnt buy into... all the religius hype...  ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2002, 09:14:44 PM »
nawwwww not a heathen...

hea·then   Pronunciation Key  (hthn)
n. pl. hea·thens or heathen

One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. i acknowldge their god/s
Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted. unconverted. i'm convered to being righteous.

One who is regarded as irreligious maybe, uncivilizednope, or unenlightened. nope. i know my path
Such persons considered as a group.

:P

line up another one :)

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2002, 09:37:55 PM »
Lets just make it simple and say your unique
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2002, 11:41:52 PM »
naww i'm not  :D

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2002, 01:53:54 AM »
Here's the best explantion I found.

The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial.

On those grounds you're an agnostic. you say you're not because you're "not concerned with the existance of god/s" but in reality you are agnostic because you accept the possibilty there could be a God or gods but you personally do not believe in their existance. It doesn't matter if you're nearly athiest but just can't deny there might be a God or if you're nearly religious but can't accept something so fundamental without proof you're still agnostic.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 02:23:49 AM »
no.

athiests believe there is no god. i believe that christians and muslims have their own god/s (be they separate or one).
i just dont have nor covet a god of my own.

agnostics are concerned with the existance of a god in the religion they're in. christian agnostics, islamic agnostics or whatever. i have no god. therefore i'm not concerned with the existance of them. (which would make me pagan) but i accept other faiths have gods. which negates that (pagans dont acknowledge god/s.) along with negating being an athiest.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2002, 02:31:36 AM »
no.

athiests believe there is no god. i believe that christians and muslims have their own god/s (be they separate or one).
i just dont have nor covet a god of my own.

agnostics are concerned with the existance of a god in the religion they're in. christian agnostics, islamic agnostics or whatever. i have no god. therefore i'm not concerned with the existance of them. (which would make me pagan) but i accept other faiths have gods. which negates that (pagans dont acknowledge god/s.) along with negating being an athiest.

What has influenced your refusal to denounce the God's of other religions?  I have never heard of that concept before.  This is what has my grill muzzled, and mind confused like it's working 3-dimensional puzzles, I can't come to terms with what you are, because it's like your seeing double.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea