Author Topic: Outlawz Are Actually A Dope Group  (Read 620 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Outlawz Are Actually A Dope Group
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 11:50:14 AM »
I'd consider Outlawz West Coast. Even though they're not all from here, that's the type of rap they make.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »
outlawz arent west coast rappers, just affiliated with a lot of them. sorta like tech n9ne. xzibit actually reps the west, whereas outlawz dont

my fav outlaw was noble just cuz he had such a dope voice combined with the lyrics, but khadafi and fatal were good too. i hope that upcoming collab album with btnh will be hot (even tho chances are that it wont be)

SGV

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 01:34:32 PM »
Dumb ass Jomo. Outlawz are from Jersey. Nap is living in L.A. now, but that doesn't warrant this to be in here. Fuck it. I'm gonna start posting all West Coast affiliated people in here.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »
Actualyy, the Lawz have repped the West several times in they songs.

SGV

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 02:30:17 PM »
I've seen Tha Lawz live. They said: "Ya'll know we're from Jersey, we rep the East, but we got love for the West." They've always repped Jersey. Unless Jersey has MAGICALLY jumped across the country, they're East Coast.

I think I'm gonna start posting about Daz in Outbound. He lives in Atlanta and is on So So Def. He's a South rapper now.

Smoke

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2004, 02:55:43 PM »
Damn SGV, how wack is to call some1 a dumb ass just cause he wrote something different than you? Expecially if it's somehow true. Stop bitching, and open your eyes! OutlawRecordz is located in Tarzana, California. They got a big Outlawz Store there. Plus the webmaster of the official site is from L.A., so the Head Quarter is there. Everyone lives in his own city, and it's not true they all live in Jersey (for example Kastro & EDI lives in Atlanta, Napoleon still lives in Cali, Noble has a house in L.A., etc..), but, like you said about Daz, the place where you live now doesnt mean a thing. They have repped the West a couple of times, they got the HQ in Cali, they lived in Cali, and some of them still lives in Cali, they CAN be considered West Coast artists JUST like they can be considered East Coast artists (cause they repp East Coast too). So relax. We're talking about their skills, here. Let's not beef over something which is not important to judge their skills.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2004, 03:14:07 PM »
What did Jome write? Jesus!

So, let's see, if I rep Atlanta, I can be considered South? LOL. Man, they're East Coast. It don't make a difference where you live. Yukmouth lives in L.A., he's still a Bay rapper. C-Bo talks about Sunset Blvd a lot since he lives in L.A., but he's still a Sacramento rapper. Ain't nobody beefing.

I never once said they all live in Jersey, let's get that straight, too.

Smoke

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
So, let's see, if I rep Atlanta, I can be considered South? LOL. Man, they're East Coast. It don't make a difference where you live.

So it doesnt matter what you rep, it doesnt matter where your HQ is, it doesnt matter where you live. The simple question is: why the Lawz are East Coast? Cause they're born there? (NO. Cause Pac was born there too, but we consider him West Coast). Cause they did a mixtape with a group called Jerzey MOB? (NO. Cause Noble did an album with JT too, and they have done tons of collaborations with WC artists). Cause Fatal (who is not an official Outlaw) or NuChild lives in Jersey? (NO. Cause the others lives in Cali too, at least they got home there, too).

Let's just say, since they've repped WC for a big part of their lifes, and since they still rep West Coast in their songs/videos, that it's not "a scandal" to put them here, in the WC section of the forum.

Do you consider Pac a NY rapper? (cause he was born there)
Do you consider Pac a Bay Area rapper? (cause he grew up there)
Do you consider Pac a L.A. rapper? (cause Death Row is in L.A.)
Do you consider Pac a ATL rapper? (cause Afeni's HQ is there)

Simply we can discuss about Pac here, cause he has repped the WC. I think that's the thing we has to consider.

Plus they're born musically in the West. If they repp Jersey, it's cause they from there. But musically they are WC. Just like Pac was Bay Area.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 03:46:05 PM by Antonio »

SGV

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2004, 03:52:34 PM »

So it doesnt matter what you rep, it doesnt matter where your HQ is, it doesnt matter where you live. The simple question is: why the Lawz are East Coast? Cause they're born there? (NO. Cause Pac was born there too, but we consider him West Coast). Cause they did a mixtape with a group called Jerzey MOB? (NO. Cause Noble did an album with JT too, and they have done tons of collaborations with WC artists). Cause Fatal (who is not an official Outlaw) or NuChild lives in Jersey? (NO. Cause the others lives in Cali too, at least they got home there, too). Let's just say, since they've repped WC for a big part of their lifes, and since they still rep West Coast in their songs/videos, that it's not "a scandal" to put them here, in the WC section of the forum.
Because of this: "I'm from N-E-W Jerz where plenty murders occurs." They're from Jersey point blank period. They've said it themselves.

Do you consider Pac a NY rapper? (cause he was born there)
Do you consider Pac a Bay Area rapper? (cause he grew up there)
Do you consider Pac a L.A. rapper? (cause Death Row is in L.A.)
Do you consider Pac a ATL rapper? (cause Afeni's HQ is there)
Simply we can discuss about Pac here, cause he has repped the WC. I think that's the thing we has to consider.
Pac was a rapper from all over. He was MC New York, he was a Bay rapper, he was an L.A. rapper. You classify him as you want. I'd consider him West Coast for the simple fact that he made songs like "To Live & Die In L.A." I haven't heard Outlawz make a track like that.

Daz in Outbonds? Why? Isnt he still repping WC/LBC? Snoop was been a No Limit Solder. Wasnt he still a WC artist?
Oh but his head quarters is now in Atlanta. So, since Outlawz HQ is here, and they're considered West, wouldn't Daz be considered South because his HQ is now in Atlanta?

LOL, anyway we're going too far. Simply, IMO, they CAN be considered West Coast.
If Outlawz are considered West Coast, then Bone is, TechN9ne is, Treach is, 50 Cent is, and so on.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 03:52:55 PM by SGV »

Smoke

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2004, 04:01:35 PM »
Biography of the Outlawz from allmusic.com

West Coast rappers Outlawz are known primarily for their affiliation with 2Pac. It was on 2Pac's Makaveli album that Outlawz first came to the greater rap community's notice, appearing on a few songs. In 1999 they were co-billed on the posthumous 2Pac album Still I Rise, granting them even more recognition and furthering their short-lived affiliation. It wasn't until late 2000, though, that they finally got the go-ahead to release their debut album, Ride Wit Us or Collide Wit Us. Featuring a cover that placed 2Pac's image in the foreground, along with numerous references to the deceased legend, this debut made the most of Outlawz' reputation for being 2Pac's supposed protégés. Unfortunately, the album didn't prove to be much of a success, and neither did the group's follow-up album a year later, Novakane, also released on the group's Outlaw Recordz label (distributed by Koch). While the group no doubt retained 2Pac's West Coast thug/gangsta style, they unfortunately were fairly average rappers in terms of skills and too often fell back on their 2Pac affiliation and far too often descended into generic thug motifs. And it didn't help that they weren't aligned with any of the West Coast's better producers. In fact, Outlawz weren't really aligned with anyone on the West Coast — not Snoop Dogg and his Dogghouse clique, nor the Bay Area scene centered around E-40 and Spice 1. Ultimately, the group never lived up to the expectations they heaped upon themselves by forever comparing themselves to 2Pac.

Smoke

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
Oh man, anyway this shit is getting boring. That's why it aint a scandal to talk about the Lawz in a WC forum.

etc etc etc..
Peace.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:22:57 PM by Antonio »

Jome

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 04:39:36 PM »
LoL.. dickheads.. I knew this topic was created to start beef..

Good looking, Antonio..  ;D

Immortal

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
Kadafi was hard, Fatal always came with it, Noble is tight as hell, so is Nap. E.D.I. is weak to some, but to me he was always on point. Only one I never cared for was Kastro. But, I've pretty much liked everything Outlawz have done. They get a little too much hate if you ask me. I think if Fatal and Nap went back to make another Outlawz album, that'd be real dope. Get the right production, they could probably do it big.

ya outlawz are coo
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

SGV

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2004, 04:41:44 PM »
Great pictures of them throwing up Ws. Mauzip has a picture throwing up a dub, is he West Coast? Baby from Cash Money and Lil Weezy throw up dubs, are they West Coast?

SGV

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2004, 04:43:06 PM »
And, wait a second. How was I trying to start beef with this thread? Everything was FINE before you moved it like an idiot. I swear, even when I give props I end up being a hater or something.