Author Topic: who else in here likes RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE?  (Read 720 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:who else in here likes RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2004, 12:07:19 AM »
IMO they are the best overrated band ever

people give too much credit to tom's guitar playing.....look up his stuff in tab form it's not really THAT genius...he's just an effects whore,lol. look at his set up live he's got more boxes than skid row blvd. in no way is he up there with hendrix as one of the best ever.....if you were talking about steve vai, satriani yngwie malmsteen, eddie van halen, slash, kirk hammett, angus young,duane allman, or jimmy page you'd have an arument.lol, but with all that said his solos on bulls on parade and in killing in the name of are classic top 100 shit.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Nightfall

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 03:47:35 AM »
i didnt know roni size produced a track for zach de la rocha's lp? i can't wait for that shit.

well, there already is a roni size produced song by zack D
its on one of roni's albums

i could send it on AIM if u want it
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 03:48:04 AM by whenimondamic »

The Predator

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 05:52:41 AM »
Guerilla Radio - RATM (Dj Quik Remix) is the one for me.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

The following thing is just a rumor
i heard fromma reliable source, that DJ Quik produced a song for zack D for Zack's  upcoming album

i heard that quik produced a version of guerilla warfare...

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 06:21:24 AM »

if you were a big fan of rage and their sound i suggest you peep Audioslave...it consists of the band rage, minus zach, and their lead singer is chris cornell...he's the former singer of soundgarden, peace.

i heard audioslave and gotta say it's not that impressive to me. i think the energy of rage lies in zach de la, i think that that audioslave sounds so.....soundgarden to me. i'm not really feelin it at all

Nightfall

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2004, 07:31:55 AM »

The following thing is just a rumor
i heard fromma reliable source, that DJ Quik produced a song for zack D for Zack's  upcoming album

i heard that quik produced a version of guerilla warfare...

yea he did, but im talking about a new song, for the album, not a remix

Nightfall

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2004, 07:33:05 AM »

if you were a big fan of rage and their sound i suggest you peep Audioslave...it consists of the band rage, minus zach, and their lead singer is chris cornell...he's the former singer of soundgarden, peace.

i heard audioslave and gotta say it's not that impressive to me. i think the energy of rage lies in zach de la, i think that that audioslave sounds so.....soundgarden to me. i'm not really feelin it at all

yea Zach's voice and charisma were a big part of rage against the machine's sound, u cant just replace him

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2004, 05:28:06 AM »
Yeah, just starting to get into Rage. Most of my mates at uni are into rock music big time, so thats mainly what we listen to when drinking and smoking weed. Out of all of it, Rage is one of the few bands I can actually listen to and enjoy, Zack De La Rocha is real dope. Need to buy some of their albums though big time.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2004, 09:31:13 AM »
i was listenin to renegades of funk earlier does anyone and i swear they use the same drum beat in that ghost nate and ronson tune ooh wee but i don't have it on my computer can some1 confirm or deny this?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2004, 12:56:43 PM »
I never really liked them at all.  I liked the guitar in Bulls on Parade.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 09:18:31 AM »
i gotta say rage is one of my favorite groups of all time. always come with heat. it sucks that they broke up, but they say it's for the better. every album of theirs is fuckin dope. and gotta say their new live cd is one of the best live cds i've ever heard. pick it up if you're a rage fan.....

but post here if ya'll like rage -that rakim cover is the hottest cover i ever heard ("microphone fiend" offa renegades)

ya it sux that they broke up. but true ratm fans wouldnt be too disappointed with audioslave. i wasnt

peace