Author Topic: Damn "Stillmatic" is tha shiet!  (Read 224 times)

GangstaBoogy

Damn "Stillmatic" is tha shiet!
« on: January 10, 2004, 09:23:54 PM »
I remember when this album first came out like 3 years ago I downloaded it & burned it to see what the big deal about Nas was. But I remember not liking the intro so I skipped it. Then I skipped 2 & 3 (because I already knew I liked them). After I got to number 4 I turned it off and never gave it a chance.

3 years later...im tired of all the cds I have so I went through my folder of burned & mix cds and found "Stillmatic". Allthought I still think the song "Smokin" is weak as fuck...THIS CD IS THE SHIET! Every song is tight as fuck! The beats aint really my style, but his words make up for it.

Nas is off my list of rappers I don't like. I need to peep "God's Son" now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Breezio

Re:Damn "Stillmatic" is tha shiet!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 09:29:56 PM »
Stillmatic is in my opinion his third worst release...the only 2 below it are nastradamus and i am...the funny thing is they are all dope ass albums...i love stillmatic. every track (except smokin  :P), but seriously his best albums were (imo) it was written & god's son, the lost tapes, and illmatic....those are my favs...stillmatic is tied for me w/ illmatic right in the middle.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 09:31:40 PM »
I think Stillmatic is pretty good but nothing special like God's Son or Illmatic. 3.25/5

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 09:44:08 PM »
yeah tight cd 8) 4/5 maybe better.....

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »
Fair enough it's all opinions, but no way i'd rate God's son over Stillmatic, though i dig the lost tapes more than most of his stuff, to me God's Son was just another album, though a good one.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 03:59:56 AM »
i always preferred gods son over stilmatic, i didant think stilmatic was all that.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bez

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 05:23:43 AM »
Its a dope album, better than gods son in my view.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 05:56:59 AM »
I really like Stillmatic, more than Nastradamus, I Am, God's Son and even It Was Written. Only albums I dig more are The lost Tapes and Illmatic. I'd give it like a 4.25/5, most songs on it were pretty tight and he had sum innovative material like "Rewind" on there, "Ether" pretty much killed Jay, "One Mic" was a lyrical masterpiece etc...

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 06:50:42 AM »
I dont know why, but Ive allways liked the feel of "Stillmatic" a lot....
Thats probably why i think, it shits on his new album "gods son"....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2004, 07:18:04 AM »
Stillmatic is my favorite Nas album.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2004, 12:34:25 PM »
Im still trippin off that! I had this cd thrown under my bed for 2 years!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 09:34:23 AM »
the sickest thing about stillmatic is the vibe u get off it, the feel of the album is sick.........from track 1 to the bottom, the beats are str8 vibin hiphop shit and nas spits fire, one of the sickest albums to come since 2000 no doubt............bough nas back to the top in many peoples eyes when he wernt really gettin mentioned much