Author Topic: More Carrey-less sequels of Jim Carrey movies to come...  (Read 412 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

More Carrey-less sequels of Jim Carrey movies to come...
« on: January 12, 2004, 03:30:55 PM »
The film industry is fucked...New Line is now releasing a sequel to "The Mask" (entitled "Son Of The Mask") WITHOUT Jim Carrey...You would think New Line would have learned from their mistakes after "Dumb and Dumberer" flopped so hard, but no, they continue with this outrage...Check out the website, and go see for yourself http://www.sonofthemask.com/...Possibly one of the worst trailers of all time?

Now if you think that's stupid, wait until you here this.......They're making an "Ace Ventura 3: Return Of The Pet Detective"...BUT GUESS WHAT...YUP! YOU GUESSED IT!! WITHOUT JIM CARREY...Yes, the movie industry has officialy ran out of ideas, and there's nothing we can do about it but kill ourselves...PeACe
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 04:14:33 PM by MC Sccit »

smerlus

Re:More Carrey-less sequels of Jim Carrey movies to come...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
i can see those 2 movies made without jim carrey, lord knows they sucked without him but an ace ventura without the main character....didn't they learn from the batman movies, NEVER fuck with the main character

bez

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 04:19:55 PM »
i can see those 2 movies made without jim carrey, lord knows they sucked without him but an ace ventura without the main character....didn't they learn from the batman movies, NEVER fuck with the main character

Very wise words my man.

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 04:58:33 PM »
if the contest was failure, they'd be winning
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 05:37:47 PM »
Yes, the movie industry has officialy ran out of ideas, and there's nothing we can do about it but kill ourselves...PeACe

lmao

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 05:43:34 PM »
i saw a preview to the mask 2...shit looks horrible.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 06:45:21 PM »
that's really devastating
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 07:34:23 PM »
New Line is now releasing a sequel to "The Mask" (entitled "Son Of The Mask") WITHOUT Jim Carrey.

What morons..

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 07:41:24 PM »
I can't imagine any of those doing well at the box office. And I agree with what was said above... Ace Ventura with out him would just be disasterous.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 08:18:28 PM »
The amazing thing, to me, is that there are literally thousands of screenwriters out there begging to get a break with their story.  Many of the stories (literally, thousands) are great, original movie ideas; almost any actor, unknown, or known, would jump at the chance to make some of these movies, but the studios have to sign on and take the risk with the cash.  Instead, they'd rather try to make a quick buck on bullshit.  They have to KNOW ace 3 won't make any money without Carrey.  If they'd spend money like that on a legitimately good script, and hire a 6-7 million dollar actor to carry it, they'd make a ton of cash.  

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 08:32:25 PM »
Thats a pretty weak idea IMO

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »
The amazing thing, to me, is that there are literally thousands of screenwriters out there begging to get a break with their story.  Many of the stories (literally, thousands) are great, original movie ideas; almost any actor, unknown, or known, would jump at the chance to make some of these movies, but the studios have to sign on and take the risk with the cash.  Instead, they'd rather try to make a quick buck on bullshit.  They have to KNOW ace 3 won't make any money without Carrey.  If they'd spend money like that on a legitimately good script, and hire a 6-7 million dollar actor to carry it, they'd make a ton of cash.  

Did you see how bad "Dumb and Dumberer" did at the box office? "Ace Ventura 3" and "The Mask 2" will flop just as bad...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 09:51:44 PM »
man this has to go down as one of the worst ideas ever.

dumb and dumber is a comedy classic.....the sequel , rivals gigli as worst movie ever.

the mask.....that movie actually sucks, the only reason to watch it is jim carey's performance, which is brilliant. but take away the only strand of genius , you have pure shit.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 10:10:27 PM »
Damn, this is going to be a disaster. Dumb and Dumberer is the worst movie since Freddy Got Fingered.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

bez

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 09:53:20 AM »

Did you see how bad "Dumb and Dumberer" did at the box office? "Ace Ventura 3" and "The Mask 2" will flop just as bad...PeACe

Yup....whos gunna wanna go and see that.  NOBODY!