Author Topic: I need some help with my car stereo  (Read 127 times)

budsmokeronly

I need some help with my car stereo
« on: January 21, 2004, 05:51:01 PM »
alright, so my shit was just working a few days ago but I was running the RCA and the Amp turn on wires right next to the power wire, and it was inducing a hum.  

So today I moved the RCA and Amp turn on wire to the other side of the car.  I had to pull wires off from the amp and then reconnect them and I had to take out my deck and do some rewiring on there.  Basically though, I really didn't  do anything but move 2 wires to the passenger side of the car rather than the driver side.

Ok, so I have 2 speakers hooked up to the amp, a right and a Left.  So now that I switched the wiring, I only got the left speaker working.  There is very, very faint noise comming out of the right one when it is on full volume, but basically it isn't working.  I tried a different set of speaker wire and that didn't help.  I disconnected the L speaker and that didn't help.  Also the left one cuts out now too.  I was doing a lot of moving the amp around, dunno if that could cause some problem.  All of my wiring is correct.

Also a couple of days ago someone threw a huge rock through my back window and shattered it.  A whole bunch of glass fell into the grill and into the speakers.  Dunno if glass in there could cause problems?

So any help?  Suggestions?  How can I tell if the problem is my amp or my speaker?

pappy

Re:I need some help with my car stereo
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 06:42:24 PM »
u put the cd in the cd player..... hope i answered all ur questions

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 07:24:11 PM »
speakers could be blown...it could have  somethin to do with the amp being 4ohm  and the speakers being 2ohm..

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 07:27:56 PM »
speakers could be blown...it could have  somethin to do with the amp being 4ohm  and the speakers being 2ohm..

so how do I tell how many ohm's each is?  and what is the problem with that?

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 09:00:33 PM »
Had this exact same problem last month... however, you won't like my solution. I just reconnected everything, and shit still didn't work, so I left it alone for a week, and then it just started working again lol. My right one cut out all together, then magically started hitting again a week later. Probably had something to do with the cold weather... my amp does shit like this every winter, and then is fine for a year.

Big Cwolf the savage

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 09:10:28 PM »
Double check that your ground connection is bulletproof.  Lots of times a crummy ground is the problem.  Also depending on the amp, it might have a reset switch that was tripped when you disconnected it.  Check with the amp company.  Hope it helps, nothing worse than no music to drive by.
Some people don't believe in god, but they fear him, Well I believe in god and the only thing I fear is Kaiser Soze  -  Verbal Kint

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 12:10:02 AM »
^ knows what he's talkin bout :)

check the ground...and if i could be bothered to run everything up diff sides of the car i would put the wake-up with the power lead, its another power lead isnt it, not a audio cable...  was lazy this time around and paid for my cables to be routed - lol

KuruptDaz562

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 12:57:40 AM »
Yeah homie check the ground. Also check the fuse that runs on the Power (red) wire under the hood. Simple things like that can cause your whole system to fuck upp. Hope this shit helps. What kinda of amp (watts) what kind of subs? 2 or 4 ohm?
R.I.P LiL Camel.  8/1/89 - 11/02/03