Author Topic: Name Real Hip-Hop Tracks...  (Read 462 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Name Real Hip-Hop Tracks...
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2004, 02:09:07 PM »

So according to you Aaron Carter is equal to Rakim...
Please read ALL posts first.
The only time Hip Hop is not real, is when outsiders come in. I.E. when people like Britney Spears, Madonna etc.

Aaron Carter raps...Why is he an outsider? Your statement is a major contradiction...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »
God I hate that term "real hip hop" or "true hip hop".

To follow with the thread

A gang of public enemy's music
Above The Law - Black Superman
Ice Cube - Us
Makaveli feat Bad Azz - Krazy
The Stop Movement - Down With Us
Big Mike - Havin Thangs
Scarface - I Seen a Man Die
Nas - Blackness
King Tee - Black Together Again
Too $hort - The Ghetto
Outkast - Growing Old
Kam - Peace Treaty
Kam - Keep the Peace
Dr. Dre, Snoop, RBX - The Day the Niggas Took Over
DJ Quik - Is You a Ganskxta
Q-Tip and Common Sense - Remedy
Roscoe - Cheers
WC and the MAAD Circle - Wet Dream
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

SGV

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2004, 08:03:13 PM »

Aaron Carter raps...Why is he an outsider? Your statement is a major contradiction...PeACe
So then Madonna, Britney Spears, Deborah Harry, guy from 98 Degrees, etc are all rappers? By your statement, they're rappers? No. Just because you rap, that don't make you a rapper. Just like, just because you talk gangsta shit, don't mean you are gangsta. Those people, Aaron Carter included, are outsiders in Hip Hop. They're NOT Rappers.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »

Mos Def - Body Rock

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2004, 08:21:18 PM »
Just because a lot of people say there is no such thing as "Fake" or "Real" Hip-Hop doesn't mean that every rapper is automatically equal. Or every moron who thinks they can rap, such as Aaron Carter. No matter how bad of a level some of the popular hip-hop music gets to, no one can ever deny there is a difference in quality. Rakim obviously has much better rap quality than Aaron Carter, but that doesn't mean that it's fake. I tend to respect rappers who rap because they have something they want to say as opposed to rappers who rap to make money. The ones who make more money are more well-known, obviously, because they are appealing to the larger population of listeners.. the pop music heads who like anything they'll play on TRL. I don't like Nelly, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, and all of the people who rap to make money and have nothing insightful to say other than they like hoes and money. But, I do accept that they are rappers, which everyone has to, because they are. However bad their rap may be and however stupid their lyrics may be, they're still rappers.

I have much more respect for people like Eminem who has found a medium between making money and expressing his thoughts. He puts about 2 "Happy Rap" songs on his albums and then expresses his thoughts for the rest, which gets him money and still conveys an actual thought. I don't have much respect for people who are just in it for the money.

I don't give a shit if people want to give in to the popular trends to try and make some money. I understand this is America and everyone wants to get rich, but if you don't have anything good to say, I don't respect you much as a rapper. I just hope rap never gets to the level where people like Technique, Mos, and Kweli disappear, because they are among the highest quality of rappers. Maybe you can't say they're any realer than Nelly and Ja Rule, but you can't deny the quality is there.