Author Topic: Nelly Furtado (Canadian Artist)  (Read 152 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Nelly Furtado (Canadian Artist)
« on: January 23, 2004, 09:41:15 PM »
I gotta admit that I'm digging her music. I hate pop music with a passion but she's... I don't know, different somehow. Plus her work with rappers is usually dope. Anyone else like her music?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

Re:Nelly Furtado (Canadian Artist)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 09:45:45 PM »
yeah I like her new single, they play a dope remix of it on the radio.  Mike Elizondo produced on her new album too.  But if y'all ever checked the Vault, you'd know that  :P.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 10:06:10 PM »
yeah I like her new single, they play a dope remix of it on the radio.  Mike Elizondo produced on her new album too.  But if y'all ever checked the Vault, you'd know that  :P.

Yeah I noticed the credits. Are her albums worth picking up?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 03:31:20 PM »
yea i dont mind her, i love her voice, its anoying, yet nice to listen to, ive only heard a couple songs, i dled her nbew album, but deleted it and never listened, anyone wnaa post some good songs

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 11:54:58 AM »
^^ My fave songs would probably be "Turn Off The Lights", "I'm Like A Bird" and "Shit On The Radio".

Paris

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 01:08:55 PM »

i got both her albums and would recommend them if you like all sorts of music. the albums sound like a funky chick that's still a chick. i mean, the albums sound dope, but you gotta remember that it's still a girl talkin about love and birds and flowers and things like that. so if you like that type of stuff then pick it up, but if not, don't blame me. they got a funky feel to the albums though, and, when i chose to bring only 50 albums with me when i moved, both of her albums came with me if that tells you anything.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 01:37:45 PM »

i got both her albums and would recommend them if you like all sorts of music. the albums sound like a funky chick that's still a chick. i mean, the albums sound dope, but you gotta remember that it's still a girl talkin about love and birds and flowers and things like that. so if you like that type of stuff then pick it up, but if not, don't blame me. they got a funky feel to the albums though, and, when i chose to bring only 50 albums with me when i moved, both of her albums came with me if that tells you anything.

Thanks for telling me that. I'm really digging her style so I think I'll pick them up.

Paris

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 10:58:02 AM »
her first album is great...i haven't heard her second album besides the single "powerless (say what you want)" but i intend on checking it out in the near future, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :