Author Topic: DJ Danger Mouse Presents The Grey Album  (Read 164 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

DJ Danger Mouse Presents The Grey Album
« on: January 24, 2004, 04:57:42 PM »
In November of 1968 The Beatles released 'The White Album'....

In November of 2003 Jay-Z released 'The Black Album'....

Now, Producer and DJ - Danger Mouse, Presents....

"THE GREY ALBUM"

The Grey Album is an art project/experiment that uses the full vocal content of Jay-Z's Black Album recorded over new beats and production made using the Beatles White Album as the sole source material. Danger Mouse insists he can explain and prove that all the music on the Grey Album can be traced back to the White Album and its musical content via sampling. Every kick, snare, and chord is taken from the Beatles White Album and is in their original recording somwhere.

This Incredible re-interpretation will be one to look out for and will be made available through the internet and select record stores worldwide aroun Feb/March of 2004. The resulting record is a unique hybrid of work from one of hip-hop's fastest rising production stars via two of the most important musical and cultural forces ever.

In an incredible year, Danger Mouse has already received critical acclaim from his status as the Producer and DJ of the DM & Jemini duo. His work on their 'Ghetto Pop Life' debut showcased his enormous potential and 2004 will see Danger Mouse involved in several further projects.

Both the Beatles own remix project ('Let It Be... Naked') and Jay-Z's retirement Black Album are in stores now. At the time of writing, neither Jay-Z nor The Beatles were available for comment.

-From DJDangerMouse.Com

Could be pretty interesting to see if he can carry it off and make it sound dope at the same time, I have a feeling he may struggle to though.

Suga Foot

Re:DJ Danger Mouse Presents The Grey Album
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 11:45:38 AM »
they were talkin about this on the radio, should be interesting.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 12:10:28 PM »
this sounds cool as shit, wens it dropin, also a Question, didnt metalica make an album called black album???

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 01:26:19 PM »
this sounds cool as shit, wens it dropin, also a Question, didnt metalica make an album called black album???

I think they might have done. And I think Prince did as well.

West C. Connected

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 01:29:29 PM »
*still waiting for the YELLOW album*

P.S. CHAU RULES!

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 02:09:50 PM »
fuck the grey album, the white albulum (kno of cunninlynguists) is fucking amazing. i highly suggest listening to this instead

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 12:48:31 PM »
sounds pretty interesting, if he manages to make it sound dope it's a great project...but i wonder if he will

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 12:54:51 PM »
If Danger Mouse will mix it up well, so that Jigga's vocals fit perfectly with the instrumentals, it'll definitely be interesting and something never seen/heard before. But if it'll be fucked up like "The Brown Album" or something like that, no need to listen to it...

A lot of hype for Jigga's latest effort IMO...

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 02:25:05 PM »
dangermouse is ill! i have this one snippet he did that had the wutang clan CREAM vocals over the beatles come 2gether