Author Topic: Talib Kweli News  (Read 328 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Talib Kweli News
« on: January 26, 2004, 03:48:01 PM »
Talib Kweli gave us a brief progress report this morning saying that Beautiful Struggle (Geffen) so far consists of around 14 tracks and is slated for release this spring. We already know that it features guest spots from Common, Killer Mike, Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans, Latoya Williams, and Res. When asked about the album's title, Kweli said:

"Beautiful Struggle is like another way of saying a good fight. In describing the struggle you are also talking about where you're trying to get at the end of that struggle. Where you're trying to get is somewhere beautiul. So while the struggle might be hard, it's what you're fighting for that makes it beautiful."

The album does feature "two or three" tracks from Hi-Tek. When asked what was in store for their group Reflection Eternal, Kweli said:

"With Reflection Eternal, the first album was real hard. We were trying to find ourselves, that made it a great album. But it was so hard to do, it kinda also tore us apart. Tek needed to figure out where he was, I needed to figure out where I was. We both have a clearer idea of what we want to do and it's going to be easier to work now. We've always had intentions of making more albums."

from okayplayer.com

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Talib Kweli News
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 03:49:33 PM »
props for the news man

anythin about him and mos ?

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 03:50:26 PM »
tight, i hope its better than "quality"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 03:53:13 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 04:55:02 PM »
Also peep this from a member from the Little Brother Message Board

I just wanted to let ya'll know I heard a little something from Kweli's new album.

Well a little anyway. My boy who is originally from Greenville but who now is like an assistant sound engineer working in studio's out in LA, well he was in town for a week or so and he had like a real rough cut version of a track on the Beautiful Struggle. It was reall dope. Kanye did tht track and it has Mary J. singing the hook and a verse. I think he said Alicia Keys was doing the piano stabs on the track. The version he had Mary had not done all of her parts and it had Kanye filling in suggested parts himself. It was real sick, a single for sure. Kweli's flow was a little different more rapid and a little higher than normal.

He also let me hear a cut that will probably never see the light. This one had Kweli going off over a chopped up version of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles. He said a buy Charlemane did the beat. It was some of the best Kweli shit I've heard in a while. Because of the sample it will probably never officially be released. But you never know with MJ's leagal troubles he owns the rights to a lot of Beatles songs and he might need the cash. He said Kweli wanted to use the track to lure Mos Def out of semi- retirement with the acting thing. He knew Mos would go crazy for the track.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 05:43:06 PM »
tight, i hope its better than "quality"
i cant wait for it, but quality was dope as shit, so... if we get an album jsut as good, ill be happy

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 05:44:50 PM »
oh yeah a kanye rhymin appearance would be dope too

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 07:59:57 PM »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 02:13:49 AM »
Thanks for the news man...can't wait till it comes out.