Lifestyle > Train of Thought

Religious Brainwashing

(1/3) > >>

4 KiN L:
Don't be too offended by the heading, please read what i have to say first.

My point is, from birth, most babies these days are christend or baptised when they are only a few months old, even by families who are not religious and don't go to church, my first point is, why bother christening them if u have no intention of teaching them to follow a certain religion? why not leave it up to them to decide?

Secondly, take a jewish man for example, i saw one on sum bollox talk show my mum was watching once, and he said that he would not marry any woman and that he wanted to marry a jewish woman so that his kids could be jewish. i think that is wrong, because the child is circumcised and baptised (or whatever jews do) at birth, and i can think of no betta way to put it than the child is 'brainwashed' from the moment they can speak. the way i was brought up is, that i was allowed to hear 2 sides of a story, then decide what i wanted to believe for myself. but with religious families, no disrespect to them, but from a young age thry are told what they're parents want them to hear, so they never really have the chance to hear what else they can believe, so by the time they are old enough to understand properly that other people have different views, they already strongly believe what their parents have taught them.

now most ppl who arn't going to agree with me at all will be religious themselves, and one of the main reasons u will be disagreeing is because u believe strongly in ur religions, that were taught to u from birth, proving my point, although a lot of people might well have decided for themselves.

and lastly, i just want to ask u religious people, would u let your child hear 2 sides of a story, or would u only marry a woman / man, who even have a family of the same religion so that u could 'force' that particular religion on your child. one place u could at this is the film 'east is east,' although a very funny film, most aspects of it are tru, whereby the mother is aithiest and the father is a muslim, and it causes problems because the kids don't want to be muslims, which doesn't bother their mother, but bothers the father because he wants them to be muslims, and the film shows that although many ppl call the muslim children/teenagers, it isn't always what they want, but what their father and his family is forcing upon them. and another thing is with pakistani muslims living in england, like shown on the film, the children are brought up around a whole community of whites with little religion who can basically do as they plz in life and can enjoy it, and they are the only muslims in the community with their father 'MAKING' them follow pakistani traditions, but like they say to they're father, they are ENGLISH, and they want to be like they're english friends. they were born in england, and everyone they know is english, so they too want to be regarded as english and not as 'the pakiz from the chippy.'

what a father like this needs to realise, and it's happening everywhere might i add, is that if they live in a place where religion is not enforced, then the children should have that choice to grow up the same.

the way my life has been is: my mother never christened me, she let me hear one thing religious, then contradicting things from sum1 who isn't religious, but at a young age when all my friends had been baptised from birth, i felt left out and asked if i cud be, to which my mam and dad sed no, because i wasn't old enough to make that decision in their eyes, and i am glad i was given that choice. but unlike the family in 'east is east' my family think no less of me as a so called 'aithiest' than if i was a christian, they let me have that choice and let me decide for myself what i wanted to believe, and it's no problem to them whatsoever, just as long as i respect their beliefs they respect mine.

anyways, just wanna know what u think on these kinds of mattaz, and whether u think it is right to only let a child hear what u want them to hear, rather than letting them decide what they want for themselves. and i don't mean any disrespect to anyone religious up in here, so no beef or arguments plz!

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]:
bro you got no respond....... :'(

King Tech Quadafi:
why arent u at school now Dock?

i slept in..... ;D

Trauma-san:
The way I see it, is this.  I'm gonna marry someone the same religion as me, because we have more to talk about, and more in common.  My children will be my religion, until they're old enough to choose on their own, and then it's their choice.  I'm not gonna keep them from hearing things about other religions, my church even teaches the good aspects of other religions (I just finished a class on muslims, sikh's, jains, hindus, zoroastrians, jews, christians,  buddists, and a few others), and they only give you the good aspects of the religions, lest they be accused of downtalking other faiths.  It's designed to help people understand the similarities between religions, so there isn't as much religious hate goin' on.  Anyways, truth will always win out, and I know for a fact that my religion is the best for me, and it'll be the best for my wife.  If I raise my children properly, and treat them with respect, I dont' have to worry about them wanting another religion, because they will be exposed to just how good my religion (which is based on family) is, and will feel they want to be a part of it. Also, every latter day saint has a testimony of Christ, if they don't, that's something for them to pray about, if they feel in their heart that it's wrong, then I won't mind at all if my child wants to be another religion.  I'd probably be dissapointed, but I wouldn't disown them , or kick them out of the house or anything, it's their decision.  I honestly feel that won't happen though, becuase I'm going to raise my kids properly, introduce them to my church, and I don't think they'll have a problem with it.  That's not brainwashing.  

King Tech Quadafi:

--- Quote ---The way I see it, is this.  I'm gonna marry someone the same religion as me, because we have more to talk about, and more in common.  My children will be my religion, until they're old enough to choose on their own, and then it's their choice.  I'm not gonna keep them from hearing things about other religions,  Anyways, truth will always win out, and I know for a fact that my religion is the best for me, and it'll be the best for my wife.  If I raise my children properly, and treat them with respect, I dont' have to worry about them wanting another religion, because they will be exposed to just how good my religion (which is based on family) is, and will feel they want to be a part of it. I'm going to raise my kids properly, introduce them to my moque, and I don't think they'll have a problem with it.  That's not brainwashing.  
--- End quote ---

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version