Author Topic: whatever happened to cuban link?  (Read 175 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
whatever happened to cuban link?
« on: January 27, 2004, 11:52:10 AM »
anyone know what happened to that dude on terror squad. i read some interviews and was patiently waitin for that 24K album, but it never came out. i heard he got into it with fat joe after pun died and joe wouldn't put his album out (cuz of promotion or some shit). he had those 3 hot tracks on the radio and then dropped of the face of the earth. i downloaded his album, all 24 tracks, but they're mostly in shitty quality. wonderin if anyone got the real version and if so, could they hook it up?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:whatever happened to cuban link?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:36:10 PM »
naw man, i asked myself the same a while ago, cause cuban link's a very underrated mc IMO, his flow's ill as fuck and i think he'd have the potential to drop a dope ass album. but i really don't know what happened to it  :-\

SGV

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 06:57:04 PM »
Link was just with TS because of Pun. When he seen Pun was having success, he expected that for his project. When Pun died, he figured TS would die. He says Joe didn't wanna support his album, but I doubt that. Link is a so so rapper with a big head. He's not missed by me.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 02:20:26 AM »
He made that diss track to Fat Joe bout 4-5 months back over the Hit Em Up beat didn't he? It was alright from what I can remember, but in general he's nothing amazing.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 09:05:15 AM »
i dunno, i always liked link alot, many people say he nuthin special and as for content he ain't but there's tracks like the Beatnuts "Slam Pit" on which he got an ill ass flow and makes everybody look pretty slow...if he dropped an album i'd prolly check that shit out