Author Topic: Welcome to the Chuuch Vol. 5, and Whoo Kid & DAZ mixtape on the way...  (Read 225 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Okay, I was just listening to the latest Whoo Kid mixtape 'All Star Superbowl Weekend 2k4' and a while back I posted on how there were some exclusive Snoop and Daz songs on the track list. Well, I was listening to the exclusive Snoop track called 'The Revival' and on it Snoop shouts out 'Volume 5' whereas Whoo Kid says 'Bigg Snoop Dogg & Whoo Kid - Coming Soon!'. So WTTC Vol. 5 seems a certainty, although I don't think anyone doubted that it was coming. The Snoop track was tight by the way, and I've heard a few people say that Vol. 5 is supposed to be the best so far but we'll have to wait and see...

More interesting to me were the new Daz Dillinger tracks. The new cut with Lil' Flip is cool, with Daz outshining Flip with a nice verse on 'I Get High'. Neither comes really amazing though. However, on the 'Exclusive' track by Young Buck, Ski, Lil Flip & Daz (really nice song) Whoo Kid hollers 'DJ Whoo Kid & Daz - coming soon!'. That to me is some really dope news. DPG Recordz web site has claimed that Daz & Whoo Kid were gonna do a joint mix in the past, but I was never really sure it was going to happen considering that DPG Recordz news is not always relaible and genuine. Seems a done deal now, if Whoo Kid is mentioning it. I think he's a much more trustworthy source.

Finally, I have a feeling that DPG-Unit may not be BS like some people expected after hearing no full tracks from them. I may be reading too much into this (quite likely ;) ) but on the before-mentioned 'Exclusive' track with Daz etc, Young Buck has a line going something like 'I'm smoking chron with Flip, and getting cash with Daz'. I've never really heard any of the G-Unit members shout out the DPG (bar Snoop obviously) so that MIGHT be a sign that the project at least exists. Whether or not it will ever see the light of day remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 11:39:18 AM by DPG2K »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

PLANT

Re:Welcome to the Chuuch Vol. 5, and Whoo Kid & DAZ mixtape on the way...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 12:50:47 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Sounds dope,

Peace

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 06:13:51 PM »
That Daz/Lil Flip/Young Buck song was leaked like a year ago without Buck. I think it was called "Big". Better with Buck IMO.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 06:53:59 PM »
That Daz/Lil Flip/Young Buck song was leaked like a year ago without Buck. I think it was called "Big". Better with Buck IMO.

Are you talkin' about "Xclusive" w/ Buck, Daz, and Flip? If so yeah that trac is hot. I'm actually bumpin' it right now.