Author Topic: Jesse Jackson....Ya'll like him.  Yes or No.  (Read 275 times)

infinite59

Jesse Jackson....Ya'll like him.  Yes or No.
« on: May 12, 2002, 04:35:20 AM »
In every I've ever seen of Jesse Jackson, he is on point like ice sickles.  I know he's had some shady sexual and business dealings, but I agree with his views.

He was on politically incorrect a couple nights ago, and his views on God were on point, Bill Mahr is an atheist and Bill was saying that religion is causing too much death and destruction.  Then Jesse argued, look at all the hospitals, charity organizations, peaceful protests, work for the poor, that religious groups are involved in.

Then Jackson was also on point about America's foriegn policy.  A lady on the show said we just need to go over to these countries, bomb the hell out of them, and get it over with.  Jesse replied, (paraphrased)

"America makes up 6% of the world, we can not fight the whole world, your telling me, you think we are powerful enough to battle, Iraq, Afganistan, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Somalia, it's very arrogant for American's to think that we can control the world.  The only solution is through biulding relationships with these countries.  And what are you going to do, when America has upset so many people that suicide bombing becomes as common here as it is in Isreal?"

AMEN BROTHER!

Trauma-san

Re: Jesse Jackson....Ya'll like him.  Yes or No.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2002, 08:08:07 AM »
There is good in everybody, and I see a lot of good in Jesse Jackson, even though I don't agree with a lot of things he says.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 03:20:58 PM »
I have mixed feelings about him.....But I know he's on Point 90% of tha time.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 03:53:16 PM »
i'd go as far to say that he's the second most possitive black leader only behind Dr. MLK jr., some say malcome x, but i'm VERY against his old/most famous motto by any means neccisary, and i REALLY don't agree with the Nation of Islam, black KKK to a lesser degree if you ask me...but that's another topic another time

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2002, 01:37:17 PM »
I like him because I agree with alot of things he does.

But his Rainbow Push organization is really shady at times. I've heard rumors about them playing the race card with corporations to get backing and to get exposure etc. which ain't cool.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2002, 11:49:25 PM »
I like him because I agree with alot of things he does.

But his Rainbow Push organization is really shady at times. I've heard rumors about them playing the race card with corporations to get backing and to get exposure etc. which ain't cool.

Yeah I heard about that too, supposedly he'll go to companies and say, "Give me money, or I'll tell black people to boycotte your company, and label ya'll racists"....... but that could or could not be true, I trust my intuition, and when I watch him in interviews he seems to be a compassionate, intelligent, and legit cat, if he is doing wrong, I believe it is ultimately for a greater good, peace.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 08:11:51 PM »
I feel a lot of the things Jesse talks about and I have respect for him. Don't know much about his shady dealings except for his sexcapades but even the GREAT M.L.K. cheated on his wife.

MidnightPills

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 10:05:37 PM »
lol.. i could live without his presents

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2002, 10:41:05 PM »
A lady on the show said we just need to go over to these countries, bomb the hell out of them, and get it over with.  Jesse replied, (paraphrased)

"America makes up 6% of the world, we can not fight the whole world, your telling me, you think we are powerful enough to battle, Iraq, Afganistan, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Somalia, it's very arrogant for American's to think that we can control the world.  The only solution is through biulding relationships with these countries.  And what are you going to do, when America has upset so many people that suicide bombing becomes as common here as it is in Isreal?"

AMEN BROTHER!

lmao... (don't think i'm bashing america again.. god forbid) .. that statement is soooooo true... china on its own could probably take america out. they just keep themselves to themselves.

China's population is double that of the american one..and thats with their 'one kid per family' growth stemming rule in place. plus this is  a huge country.. not a little one like vietnam.

Although... America vs. the Russians turned out to be no quite as bad as it seemed in some ways.. since it turns out the russians made fake nuclear warheads and paraded them around 'showing off' when in fact they were hollow. they would move them around the country point them at various american interests to wind them up.. funny shit.

IMO the way forward is for NATO to get a lot more powerful... with its own multi-national intelligence core.. taking the best from each country (like the UKs SAS etc). Maybe just on collaberative assignments.
The only problem is with countries like france (sorry france) who often balk at these requests until the last critical moment.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2002, 03:20:28 AM »
We had Bill Clinton in office. Not a great guy morally, but on point politically. Jesse ran for president twice in the 80's, and I would vote for him. Better than Bush.

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2002, 11:03:42 AM »
We had Bill Clinton in office. Not a great guy morally, but on point politically. Jesse ran for president twice in the 80's, and I would vote for him. Better than Bush.

Word.... I would of voted for him, he probably would of gotten killed cause he was black though.

Yo..... did ya'll know Jesse Jackson used to wear a clock like Flava Flav in his younger days?