Author Topic: Rap Songs about Ecstasy  (Read 320 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Rap Songs about Ecstasy
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 05:25:38 PM »
i agree with trauma...and in that same aspect i would say that its the people who put others in danger who deserve to die, people who drive drunk or high, i hope they die...rodney king deserved to get his ass beat, he was fuckin high!

BL7

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 05:37:21 PM »
Hi-C - X Pills

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 06:14:03 PM »
rappers arent on the disney chanel promoting this shit, this is music for people who are mature, thats why it says, Parental Advisory Explicit Content

Bone Thugs N Harmony and Tech N9ne are some of my fav rappers but you dont see me goin out there poppin X

its the same deal with other rappers talking about killing, sex, violence and other drugs, this is nothing new....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 06:26:27 PM »
i agree with u luke, but i drive high, and its nothing like driving drunk, its not even the same fuckin ballpark, i do it with ease... i think women drive worst than people who are high

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 06:32:32 PM »
i agree with u luke, but i drive high, and its nothing like driving drunk, its not even the same fuckin ballpark, i do it with ease... i think women drive worst than people who are high

if you drive anything other than sober you're stupid...i've never driven drunk but i've been drunk enough to know that i would kill myself or others. i've never been high but either way...you're mind is in an altered state and therefore you shouldnt be behind a wheel. i've driven on cold pills...sounds like it wouldnt do shit but when you're really sick and you're on a ton of cold pills its quite hard to see straight or even realize whats going on around you.

as for what doggy said...the parental advisory doesnt mean shit. nobody actually checks your ID except fred meyer and thats only because they have to put your birthdate in their system. sam goody, fye, target, etc...dont check. you can get those cds used and they never check. the PA doesnt mean shit. and besides how many mature adults do you know that listen to missy elliot & ja rule...most of the people i know who listen to that are in like 8th grade. i personally hate songs about drugs. i think its stupid and irresponsible to be promoting it like that.

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 06:53:50 PM »
hey i dont support it either, i think there are a lot of other topics they should speak on instead but its there, and its music to entertain you, it is not a guideline for life.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 07:07:12 PM »
If you allow yourself to be so influenced by music as to do drugs because a rapper said it you are weak-minded.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 07:08:03 PM »
If you allow yourself to be so influenced by music as to do drugs because a rapper said it you are weak-minded.

we're talking about ja rule here...12 year old girls are weak minded

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 07:11:41 PM »

Not all of them are. I disagree with stereotyping weak-minded people.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 07:13:47 PM »

im not saying all of them. but in every group whether they be 12 years old or 40 years old theres going to be weak minded people. and for that music influences people. to a certain degree...im not saying that one ja rule song is going to make somebody want to do it but it will atleast add to the temptation

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 09:23:52 PM »

Ja Rule Feat. Tah Murdah, Black Child, & Jayo Felony - "Extacy"

:o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 10:30:14 PM »

im not saying all of them. but in every group whether they be 12 years old or 40 years old theres going to be weak minded people. and for that music influences people. to a certain degree...im not saying that one ja rule song is going to make somebody want to do it but it will atleast add to the temptation

Yea, and "Godfather" will add to the tempation of joining the mafia  ::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 12:28:32 AM »

actually jackass thats not entirely false. my step-brother saw the godfather and cant shut the hell up about the mafia, godfather, scarface, and a few others got him wishing he was italian.

the fact is music & movies do influence people whether you want to believe it or not. im not saying that its an excuse for anything because its not but none of it helps.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 11:47:51 AM »

actually jackass thats not entirely false. my step-brother saw the godfather and cant shut the hell up about the mafia, godfather, scarface, and a few others got him wishing he was italian.

the fact is music & movies do influence people whether you want to believe it or not. im not saying that its an excuse for anything because its not but none of it helps.

I partly agree with you, but bad stuff existed way before radio and TV. I highly doubt more than 2 people that ever saw "Godfather" actually joined the mafia in real life.

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 03:39:21 PM »
rappers arent on the disney chanel promoting this shit, this is music for people who are mature, thats why it says, Parental Advisory Explicit Content

Yeah, but in the meantime, they water 1 song down enough to get it on MTV, so that the kids see their shit as cool and do anything they can to get that explicit CD.  These fuckers might as well be selling crack to our kids.