Author Topic: What does the west offer that no other region does?  (Read 478 times)

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
Re:What does the west offer that no other region does?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 03:00:14 PM »
On the West of course we got that funk that no one can really duplicate, plus I love how the West stays fan friendly.  What the fuck do you have if you aint got no fans?  Out here we stay accessible and dont act like we too good for anybody.  Go to the Big Saccs forum and see if he doesnt talk to his fans daily on there.  Go to the WC Rydaz forum and youll see Daz, Young Noble, Fred Wreck, Mr. Midas, Spice 1, a gang of cats posting up just 2 talk 2 the fans.  Once you leave the West it seems like people be like, "naw man I kick it wit Jay Z and Lebron James, why the fuck would I go to some bullshit forum just to shoot the breeze with my fans?"  Xzibit's last Rhyme Night was like a cool ass West Coast party, he was choppin it up with whoever, Krondon and Defari were there just chillin talkin to people, Dr. Stank was kickin it at the bar drinkin and shit.  That's what I'm talkin about, if anything that's realness...why act like youre too good to interact with everyday cats just cuz you gotta record out?  On the West, the answer is: were not too good 4 that!
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 03:17:04 PM »
On the West of course we got that funk that no one can really duplicate, plus I love how the West stays fan friendly.  What the fuck do you have if you aint got no fans?  Out here we stay accessible and dont act like we too good for anybody.  Go to the Big Saccs forum and see if he doesnt talk to his fans daily on there.  Go to the WC Rydaz forum and youll see Daz, Young Noble, Fred Wreck, Mr. Midas, Spice 1, a gang of cats posting up just 2 talk 2 the fans.  Once you leave the West it seems like people be like, "naw man I kick it wit Jay Z and Lebron James, why the fuck would I go to some bullshit forum just to shoot the breeze with my fans?"  Xzibit's last Rhyme Night was like a cool ass West Coast party, he was choppin it up with whoever, Krondon and Defari were there just chillin talkin to people, Dr. Stank was kickin it at the bar drinkin and shit.  That's what I'm talkin about, if anything that's realness...why act like youre too good to interact with everyday cats just cuz you gotta record out?  On the West, the answer is: were not too good 4 that!

Yeah Man I Feel U But Dont Forget IV Life Records lol

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 03:31:14 PM »

"Sunshine"
"SunSHINE"  8)
& the chick's are "Sunshine"..
Hott az fuckk!!! (Forget the bright tho...lol)

love my Birth plcae...
& music raised on my comfort level.
I can feel & relate 2 my coast.
(Love Cali...2 the death)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 04:42:51 PM »

Yeah Man I Feel U But Dont Forget IV Life Records lol

U right, my bad, IV Life Records definitely got shit locked down, especially on the internet.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 05:12:59 PM »
I feel WC Music 100%

Yall are still in it

Midwest "country sounding"!lol

I feel the MW is in a slump state right now

if you know what i mean!?

KingRichard

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 05:17:10 PM »
^Tell me one cat that ain't real from the west coast.

The guy in your Avator.

hahahahaha good one rameen!!!!!!!!!xzibit is phoney

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 07:26:29 PM »

No shit
I've met WC, DJ Crazy Toones, Black Eyed Peas and Chali2na from Jurassic 5 and they're cool as fuck. When I saw Quik perform, he was pouring liquor for folks, he threw away an Outkast outfit to the crowd and some other stuff. Shit was just cool and the gang.

Another thing I like about the west is musically, it's so far above everything that has ever been done in hip hop musically. The west was the first to use the funk, the first to use melodic synthesized riffs, the first to use live instruments. West coast producers and DJ's have always been a step ahead and at the cutting edge musically. Also the west coast brought a sense of realness, when Too $hort, NWA and Ice-T stepped on the scene.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 07:59:22 PM »
Eastcoast rap is very industrial with a little more mentality. The South is definetly rowdy, the midwest is more country... what does the west offer nowadays?

-BpG

You can't be serious. Obviously it offers that real street music. That gangsta shit. Plus it also offers Crooked I  8)

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 11:26:39 PM »
Just cause he does music wit Dre and Snoop doesn't mean his fake,I guess you can call the whole DPG gang fake cause they fuck wit Snoop.Plus,how do you know he ain't got no guns or that his not doing the shit his saying in his rhymes?You might aswell call The Game a fake rapper cause he claims himself a gangsta and fucks wit Dre & G-Unit.If you got a chance to work wit Dre would you say no?Think about it.Everyone would go to Dre & Snoop.

Oh yeh like firing his own Keyboard engineer (who were good friends) for Scott Storch (Aftermath Keyboard player) & I don't recall seeing the Alkaholiks, Saafir, E-Swift, & others too on Man V Machine or Restless!!!. I aint got no problem with somebody blowing up but leaving out your closest friends turning your back on the ones you came up with - that aint real!!  & Having a ryhme that says "It's a shame, N*** Only in the game for the money & the fame" will always be a line to haunt him. If I was a rapper I certainly wouldnt be stupid enough to have those words escape my mouth, & then sign sponsership deals feel me, but Xzibit's a good lyricist but Real?? Hahaha no, no he aint real.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 11:52:25 PM »
We don't know what really happened between them cats so I'm not gonna say if Xzibit is real or not.I feel his music and I think we shouldn't judge anything like this unless you know the guy personally.If u know him,then holla.

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2004, 04:17:18 AM »
West Coast is influenced from P-Funk and Roger RIP...so of course its gotta be funky.  Laid back and chill too.  Like juronimo said the producers are cutting edge.  West Coast artists may not have love for each other but they got love for the fans.  

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2004, 04:21:26 AM »
the west is tha best  8) 8) 8)

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2004, 06:14:09 PM »
i'm a west side rida to the fullest,and yeah we got the funk in all,but yo every coast got realness and fakeness,but on the real i rep for the brotha's and sista's more,so i ain't gonna hate on the other coast,i'm cool with my blacc folk regardless where they from, and the main thing we have to offer is our perspective,it is different from the others,we handle shit different,but yo the first people to sample roger was epmd!!!!!!! and they from the east so i can't hate,yell
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2004, 05:56:35 AM »
Oh yeh like firing his own Keyboard engineer (who were good friends) for Scott Storch (Aftermath Keyboard player) & I don't recall seeing the Alkaholiks, Saafir, E-Swift, & others too on Man V Machine or Restless!!!. real.

Well....tha Liks were on Restless....Saafir was on Man vs. Machine..King T appeared on Restless,Rass Kass on Man vs Machine...so I guess that only leaves E-Swift for your argument?
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Game Warden

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2004, 02:20:39 AM »
[L]east coast = fake industry bling bling garbage recycled W/S game

W/S = OG like some Coke Classic

"Now if it wasn't for the West,these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest" ~ Xzibit  8)
X-Raided's a veteran in this nor cali rap field/Decapitatin motherfuckers wit this lyrical sword I wield/Medieval on that ass/chop off your tongue/pull out your teeth/Youll never rap again/fuck up your voice/like D-O-C/Cause X-Raided dont play no games/But them deadly kinds/Lyrical combatic release the verbal acrobatics from a deadly mind. ~Xraided