Author Topic: The Deepest Brother In Hip Hop.....  (Read 252 times)

Suga Foot

The Deepest Brother In Hip Hop.....
« on: May 03, 2002, 06:04:54 PM »
Ok I'm puttin this up in here cuz I know a lot of y'all are mature, and respect mature music, and I just picked up an album by a guy named K-Os, he Canadian, so most of y'all won't be able to get his album, unless it's out in the states & overseas (i don't know).  So anyway, his album is mostly all live instruments and he's a singer/ rapper.  He's the realest and deepest guy I've ever heard on the mic.  CHeck out the message he wrote in his album:

This album has taken me 29 years to make, so first and foremost I must give thanks and praise to the Most High, The Grand Architect.

My Eyes Have Seen many things my heart could not believe.

To all those exploiting art in the of commerce, the life you lead now, and in the future will be your punishment.  Heaven only knows.  For those expressing art in the name of truth, fear not, your rewards will be in the highest realms!  You cannot invite an unknown guest.

I must take this time to apologize for the 'ego'. Hip Hop has 'egocentric' element to it, interestingly enough it is this bravado that allows an emcee (or any artisan), to sound confident and convincing.  However, I belive that a confident man is really a dead man and honestly, you cannot 'convince' anyone of the truth.  Realizations such as these bring me to 'EXIT'.  It seems that we all fear the ending of ourselves, but in reality we fear losing all the things we 'know' especially who we think we are.  So, in reference to this album, "EXIT", means leave your SELF behind.  

Artists, If I may, you are the lions of this musical ecosystem.  Fear not the hyenas, vultures, or maggots, Do what you feel, and be honest about yourself about what you want to achieve.  Everything else will fall in line.  Heaven Only Knows.

To the people, the listeners.  You humble me.  To love music is to love the language of the soul.  Sometimes I wish I was there again, when music mystified me.  To complete this mission that innocence has been lost.  So I must be going...

And in the booklet he writes a little bit how every song was created and how he feels about them.  So all I'm sayin is, if you see this album get it.  You will not be dissapointed.  Thank You.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

The Big Bad Ass

Re: The Deepest Brother In Hip Hop.....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2002, 07:49:49 PM »
Sounds dope. Hope it is availiable in the states sometime. I'll give it a listen.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: The Deepest Brother In Hip Hop.....
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 08:52:22 PM »
Sounds dope. Hope it is availiable in the states sometime. I'll give it a listen.

Yeah the homie stole my words...
I'm always open to somethin' dope.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2