Author Topic: Westcoast radio/New Joints/All start week  (Read 71 times)

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
Westcoast radio/New Joints/All start week
« on: February 17, 2004, 11:23:18 PM »
I read in some magazine an artical about baby bash and he said that bay radio doesnt support thier locals.  So this sparked a subject of conversation for me.  Ive always been a firm beliver in the fact that california radio are sell outs and only play what the big boy labels tell them to play.  But shoot, Im from the IE but ive been in the bay for a lil over 4 weeks and I swear that stations like KMEL play westcoast music 3X more than southern cali radio stations.  So cal dont play shitt.  Power is a lil better than the Beat but they still both suck.  And 99.1 swallows.  We got artist like sly boogie bubblin in the game and i barely heard california.  And everything I luv is another heater that i aint never heard on the radio.  I mean i aint hatin, if you from the westcoast and your shitt is wack, then I dont want to hear it on the radio.  Cuz then i gots to listen to ignant fools in the streets and on the forum talking about the west coast is wack.  But if you from the west, and you drop a straigt bomb, Im tryin to hear it in every club and every station every time I turn on the radio.  And what made me even more angey( actually it was more like a bitter sweet feeling) is that I comez down to LA for the all star week, (and by the way LA showed out as usual,  I mean it was CRACKIN CRACKIN, if u missed it youz a fool), but like I said I comez down for all star weekend, and I forget what day it was, I think it was a friday, i forget what radio station it was, it might have been the beat, around about maybe 2:00pm, some lady dj, but she was offically introducing all the out of towners to cali by playing about an hour long of new west coast cuts, saying this is how we get down and all.  And im like trick, dont front, yall dont even play no west coast songs out here.  you know, shes fake representin.  Dont switch up all of a sudden cause now you got people from other coast out in LA and you want to represent where you from.  If you dont do it everyday, then dont do it.  Shitt, play them sorry ass cutz yall usually be playin  Play the same stuff that they come out with.  I think they call that ridin the band wagon, dick riding, or ridin these nuts.   Studio gangtas.  I could go on and on.  I mean, was in atlanta for the last 4.5 years for skool, even before they blew, they were suppoting their artists.  Even now, before the majority of songs get national attention, they done played them out in atlanta.  But thats how it should be.  You get your stuff played on local radio with some spins, if the people is feeling it, then you get hella spins.  Then once that happens you get nation wide spins.  And thats like what happend with baby bash in Texes.  The west doesnt get no love out in the A, thats the truth.  But I will say that although atlanta's all star festivities was off the chain, i mean there was some serious hoes, LA got them beat this year, and i aint saying that cuz im bias.  Somebody posted a reply somewhere talking about sunset the only street you wanna get stuck in and thats the truth.  You know i was reppin.  And i just got a new system put in the ride too!. Man.  I remember there was this sucka azz fool ridin on the side of me, it think he was from the south cuz he was bumpin that young bloodz joint and tryna eastside stomp in his suv, i didnt have my stereo on cuz I was talking to this breezy, and he was tryna blast.  On the real, i had to hang up on that ho, and put on Jayo what you go do with it, and it was a wrap.  But yo, that dj I was talking about played this new song by sly boogie, and ima tell everybody right not, its ridiculous and i aint talking about his last song.  I was like whoa.  Str8t repping the IE, thats what im talking 'bout.  And warren g had a banger too that I aint never heard.  The beat was sick and his flo was more like the old skool warren not new skool.  And they also played suga frees cool which I dont even need to elaborate on.  Ive heard cool a couple times more after that I think but I wonder if ill ever hear the others again.  I wonder if thats still gonna be his second single cuz he can blow on that one.  Im not quite sure about high heels tho.  Ok, i think Im done venting now.  I dont post often but I read this mess like every other day.  Ill be back in 3 months.

Shoot, i think ima give this its own thread cuz i wrote too much for not enuff people to see it