Author Topic: Dilated Peoples "Neighborhood Watch"  (Read 1074 times)

G Funk Era

• Lil Geezy
  • Killa Cali
Dilated Peoples "Neighborhood Watch"
« on: February 22, 2004, 03:06:51 AM »
Anyone got word on when this shit is commin out?
Representin the Bay Area Killa Cali

"Kicks to ya face, shots to the body that shake like the bass" - Masta Killah

West C. Connected

Re:Dilated Peoples "Neighborhood Watch"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 03:12:42 AM »
Nope, but This Way is heat. 8)

Foesum

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 09:14:19 AM »
Capitol Records has set the upcoming release of NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH, the eagerly awaited third album from celebrated hip-hop collective Dilated Peoples. The album - which follows 2001's EXPANSION TEAM - is due to arrive in stores coast to coast on April 6th.

NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH will be preceded by the single, "This Way." The track features guest vocals from producer Kanye West, renowned for his work with such rap luminaries as Jay-Z, DMX, Ludacris, Talib Kweli and countless others. West will also appear in the song's companion video clip, currently in production. In addition, "Marathon," the first track on the new record is already blazing up specialty radio show charts.

NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH is Dilated Peoples' most fully realized collection thus far, a remarkably accomplished development of their idiosyncratic meld of imaginative beats, turntablism and provocative wordplay. The collection sees the Los Angeles-based trio joined in the studio by an array of hip-hop heavy hitters, including The Alchemist (Nas, Big Punisher, Mobb Deep), Rob "Reef" Tewlow (50 Cent, Fat Joe), Nucleus, and extended family member, Joey Chavez. In addition, a number of tracks were produced by Dilated Peoples members Evidence and Babu. Evidence and Babu separately have accrued quite the production credits as well from Linkin Park to Beastie Boys to J5 and The Beatnuts.

Along with Kanye, NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH features guest vocal appearances from such like-minded cutting edge rap artists as Planet Asia, Defari, and Phil Da Agony. Among the album's highlights is "Poisonous," which features vocals by Houston-based rapper Devin The Dude (Dr.Dre, David Banner, Scarface).

Dilated Peoples is: Evidence * Rakaa (Iriscience) * Babu

Track Listing
1. Marathon
2. Neighborhood Watch
3. Tryin' to Breathe
4. Caffeine
5. Who's Who
6. Poisonous (featuring Devin The Dude)
7. Reach Us
8. Big Business
9. Love and War
10. 1580 (Skit)
11. World on Wheels
12. Closed Session (feat. Defari, Phil Da Agony, Planet Asia)
13. This Way (feat. Kanye West)
14. DJ Babu in Deep Concentration

Straight off their official website.
If the rest of the songs are anything like "This Way", "Marathon" or "Poisonous" it'll probably be their best album yet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 09:15:13 AM by Foesum »

G Funk Era

• Lil Geezy
  • Killa Cali
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 01:55:40 PM »
Damn sounds tight but April 6 damn far away  >:(
Representin the Bay Area Killa Cali

"Kicks to ya face, shots to the body that shake like the bass" - Masta Killah

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 11:45:06 AM »
This is gonna be hooooooot. Can't wait to cop it.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 11:16:59 PM »
might be nice to have a Moka Only hook on there.

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 04:53:04 PM »
i got the advnace version of it, it's got the complete tracklist & it's fukkin hard!!!

This Way, i know y'all heard & it just keeps growin on me...  then the track poisonuss, i love lol. & closed session is tyte... sounds like a freestye, them cats just bouncin off each other...

8/10 ! fosho...

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 05:45:38 PM »
i got the advnace version of it, it's got the complete tracklist & it's fukkin hard!!!

This Way, i know y'all heard & it just keeps growin on me...  then the track poisonuss, i love lol. & closed session is tyte... sounds like a freestye, them cats just bouncin off each other...

8/10 ! fosho...

Tryin to Breathe, and World on Wheels are tight as fuck too!  /the whole album is hard is hard as fuck!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 07:26:57 PM »
Tryin to Breathe, and World on Wheels are tight as fuck too!  /the whole album is hard is hard as fuck!

^true homie... i just could give a full blowen review cuz i'd go on for a while lol...  cop that when it drops!

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 11:30:21 PM »
anybody buy it or did everyone dl?

-KIDRENEGADE-

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 03:21:57 AM »
^^ Nobody could've bought it yet, because it'll be released on April 6th. But the so-called "advance" from IRC is the real one, and it's ill like all their releases 8)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 08:48:49 AM »
^^ Nobody could've bought it yet, because it'll be released on April 6th.
\

ohh yea, I forgot.

-KIDRENEGADE-