Author Topic: If u dont believe in any god post here  (Read 985 times)

Trauma-san

Re: If u dont believe in any god post here
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2002, 11:22:36 AM »
Well, All I can do for yall is give you my testimony, then.  Not that it'll help, or you'll care, or you'll even believe it, LOL but it's what I've learned in my life.  I know that God does exist, and Jesus christ is his only begotten son.  Jesus Christ died and suffered on the cross in Calvary, and in the garden of Gesemene (spelling?) for all of our sins, whether you believe in him or not.  I know this happened, and it's had a very positive effect on my life.  The positive, every day, REAL, right-here effects this knowledge has had on my life are endless, and transcend every aspect of my being.  I also know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints is a true church, the lord's true church, restored by the prophet Joseph Smith for these latter days, and that the church has a modern-day prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, who serves as the lords messenger.  I know this, And I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ToNe1904

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2002, 02:15:05 PM »
Well, All I can do for yall is give you my testimony, then.  Not that it'll help, or you'll care, or you'll even believe it, LOL but it's what I've learned in my life.  I know that God does exist, and Jesus christ is his only begotten son.  Jesus Christ died and suffered on the cross in Calvary, and in the garden of Gesemene (spelling?) for all of our sins, whether you believe in him or not.  I know this happened, and it's had a very positive effect on my life.  The positive, every day, REAL, right-here effects this knowledge has had on my life are endless, and transcend every aspect of my being.  I also know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints is a true church, the lord's true church, restored by the prophet Joseph Smith for these latter days, and that the church has a modern-day prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, who serves as the lords messenger.  I know this, And I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen :)

see, tha only word i trip on in yur whole post man...is tha word "KNOW". There is no way to "know". Otha then that, itz all good lol

Also, tha title of this thread is..."If u dont believe in any god post here". YOU posted here....hmmmmmmm  :P lol j/k

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2002, 06:24:33 PM »
I do know.  But you wouldn't know anything about that, LOL.

I mean, I know my brother loves me, but how the hell can I express that to you?  What could I do to make you believe that?  Nothing... You might assume it's true, but you can't know by anything I say.  That's the problem with religion, too, I can't MAKE you believe in something... but that doesn't make it any faker, or mean it's not there for me.  Frankly, I could care less whether you believe in God, I do, and I know he exists.  You don't, but that doesn't change my perspective one bit, and vice versa.  

So, yeah, I do know.  But I can't prove it to you.

Suga Foot

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2002, 08:04:46 PM »
I personally do not belive in god.  I'm more of a factual kind of guy.  I think of humans as animals that evolved from monkeys.  The main reason we are on this planet is to reproduce.  Just like other animals are.  I'm happy with my life the way it is and i feel i don't need any gods in my life.  I'm not saying this is everyone, but a lot of people i know rely on god for things, and personally, i think that's just stupid.  Live your life to the fullest, which ever way you may choose to.

ToNe1904

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2002, 02:50:13 AM »
I do know.  But you wouldn't know anything about that, LOL.

I mean, I know my brother loves me, but how the hell can I express that to you?  What could I do to make you believe that?  Nothing... You might assume it's true, but you can't know by anything I say.  That's the problem with religion, too, I can't MAKE you believe in something... but that doesn't make it any faker, or mean it's not there for me.  Frankly, I could care less whether you believe in God, I do, and I know he exists.  You don't, but that doesn't change my perspective one bit, and vice versa.  

So, yeah, I do know.  But I can't prove it to you.

Itz cool man, i aint tryna argue with u about whether its real or not. I know its real to u. All im saying is, theres MANY different sides to an argument. Religion is very complex, because it is a belief...but at tha same time, people base their entire way of living around it. So its hard to tell people to look at it, frum different angles....they dont want to, or jus cant. for me, im not POSITIVE that religion is fake...but im not POSITIVE that it is real. Since it IS a belief. there is no PROOF of it, only speculation and theory. Id be tha first person to tell sum1, that if religion makes u a stronger PERSON, or a better person...then its the right thing for u. but i also believe, that sum1 is capable of being just as strong of a person, and just as good of a person without religion. it all depends on what works for them. But it seems as tho most religious people cant see things that way. I respect them, as they respect me. Neither one of us is better. Too bad so many people have died in tha name of their religion because sum people cant seem to figure that out.

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2002, 03:52:39 AM »
Well, good then, LOL.  We both agree ;)

ToNe1904

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2002, 10:32:53 PM »
Well, good then, LOL.  We both agree ;)

hell muthafuckin NO! lol

TheSheriff

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2002, 07:18:38 AM »
Okay, Suga Foot, explain to me sentience, philosophy, the soul...

I KNOW, I categorically KNOW God exists. Evolution is just a theory. I don't expect God to help me out in my life, but he does anyway.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2002, 08:11:25 AM »
Aight....I DO belive in God, and ive found He exsits....see, its not our place to question where we come from, where does God come from, or who is he, ....This profound question in the mind of man will ever remain unanswered because we can only realize God but we cannot tell what He is. The only way to describe God is....A mute person, after tasting sugar, knows the taste, enjoys it and expresses it through a smile. But being unable to speak, he cannot speak a word about what sugar is like. God is love,hence immensely sweet, many times more sweet than anything in this world.  Holy persons love God,they enjoy the sweetness but cannot say anything by which we can know and understand Waheguru. There is no language and no thing available in this world which can be quoted to describe Waheguru. Therefore,only similes, however incomplete or unrepresentative they may be, have been offered by holy persons. That is the best they can do to explain their mystic experiences of the spiritual world (God) to those living
in this mundane world.  I know thats true cuz when i goto the temple, and these few people are singing holy hyms, and i see my mom  'entranced' by them....and how she tells me that its jus so 'sweet' n she feels closer to God and stuff....and how I feel at peace.....i know thaz true, and even my Granddad has stories to prove Gods exsistance.
Another IMPORTANT thing is, that we are not doing a favour to God by praying to him, we are praying  to him for OUR OWN BENIFICIAL......

As for the people who said God does not hear the cries of people, and how kids die etc......theres a LOT of things beyond our understanding and consider to be "evil"...... and half of them are MAN-MADE, and CAUSED BY MAN......NOT GOD.  In the Sikh holy book, God is described as A Father, Mother,Protector, etc. These words are used to remind us
about some of His virtues. God (Waheguru) is the cause of our birth (creation). He nurses us, protects us, and does everything else to make our lives happy, the way parents do for their children.
Before creating humans and other living beings,Waheguru created the sun, moon, water, air, plants,etc. He also created whatever was required by the people to live comfortably. All things are a gift from Waheguru to us as children are given all things free with love by their parents. There are MANY OTHER THINGS that we have not yet discovered which have been created by GOD. The earth, sun, rain, air, darkness,etc. have been so adjusted that they produce innumerable kinds of foods for our consumption. NO scientist with all the latest technology has EVER been able to create a single grain or fruit in his laboratory. This is done by God alone under His own laws. These natural phenomena are so set that the earth produces different kinds of foods in different regions. Man is required only to put the Waheguru-given seeds in the soil and harvest the fruit.
GOD IS OUR FATHER AND MOTHER....an example is, A mother, having a physical existence, is visible to her children. GoD also has a physical form and is visible to us as "Mother Nature".
When we see a mother with a baby in her lap, we know that the baby and the mother were once one, i.e., the baby was a part of the mother. The same thing can be said about us and God. We have been created by Waheguru, we were part of Him. We are HIS children. We can enjoy the love of God and feel the peace as well as comfort in our heart in the same way as a baby does in the lap of its mother. However, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a baby to describe the mother, understand how and when she was born, from where she gets food and other necessities, how she built the house, etc. After becoming an 'ADULT', the baby knows all about the answers to these questions and understands her well. In the same way, when we 'children' grow spiritually to be 'adults' we can understand our Mother, Waheguru. That is the only way to know Waheguru. As long as we are 'babies' we will not be able to know our 'Mother'.
As long as something is helping me and my family, and as long as there are no bad effects, I will continue to do it.

Thats what I BELIVE, and will continue to, Peace.....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ToNe1904

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2002, 12:09:31 PM »
Okay, Suga Foot, explain to me sentience, philosophy, the soul...

I KNOW, I categorically KNOW God exists. Evolution is just a theory. I don't expect God to help me out in my life, but he does anyway.

there are scientific facts to back up evolution, there are NONE that back up tha existence of God.

TheSheriff

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2002, 12:49:31 PM »
Note the "scientific", children.

Science is a religion like any other. Except it holds no self-worth in it.

There are religious facts which prove God exists. However, there are none which prove evolution.

Don't like that? It makes as much sense as your statement.

ToNe1904

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2002, 01:29:23 PM »
Note the "scientific", children.

Science is a religion like any other. Except it holds no self-worth in it.

There are religious facts which prove God exists. However, there are none which prove evolution.

Don't like that? It makes as much sense as your statement.

*yawn*

I have neva ONCE in my life heard any relgious person give me any SOLID proof of their religion existing. Only comments like "i know it does", "because the bible says so" , "It was answered in a prayer". That typa bullshit. So, u basically jus fell in line with tha others. I aint sayin NOT to be religious. Im asking, wheres tha PROOF? And guess what, there will NEVER be SOLID proof...only speculation.

TheSheriff

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2002, 01:44:30 PM »
It is only speculation evolution exists. Explain sentience, for example. Even Darwin admitted it had many holes in it. Modern investigative scientists no longer even take a look at it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2002, 05:35:55 PM »
Tone, i've already told you: Thomas Aquinas proved god's existance at least 5 times, if you need to go that way.  At least 3 of them, to me, are irrefutable evidence that god exists.

Blade: Very, very, very well put.  I agree with nearly everything you said, especially, very, very especially the part about us not being mature enough to totally comprehend god, and that we as children grow.  That's a very latter day saint belief, as well as a Sikhism belief.  Awesome.

Suga Foot

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2002, 05:53:05 PM »
K i got an example of evolution.  I saw this on TV a while ago so i don't really have all the facts but here goes, there is this type of fish that swims in caves in the ocean, about 100 years ago, these type of fish had eyes, in present day, the fish are born with skin over thier eyes (they have no need for eyes since its' so dark in the caves), this is evolution.

Another example and probably a better one is, wisdom teeth.  Thousands of years ago, neanderthals ate food often with sand, rocks, etc. in it. their molars would often get ground down or even fall out.  The wisdom teeth were like backup teeth.  In present day, we have no need for wisdom teeth so they are often pulled out.  And in some people, they never even grow them at all.