Poll

what do u think is a better album?

Rhythm-al-ism
22 (46.8%)
chronic 2001
25 (53.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Rhythm-al-ism or Dre's Chronic 2001  (Read 633 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Rhythm-al-ism or Dre's Chronic 2001
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2004, 03:17:13 AM »
today its 2001, tomorrow Rhythm-al-ism really
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2004, 07:56:48 AM »
rythmalism is a more consistent record, one of very few album i can listen to without skippin a track

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2004, 10:25:18 AM »
tweedy bird loc's album was terrible.  willie d's album was terrible.  black mafia life might have been g-funk, but it was nowhere near as refined as on the chronic (which is extremely raw compared to doggystyle).  and certainly big hutch recognized this, because he smoothed out that atl sound alot for uncle sam's curse.

I take Tweedy more serious than punk ass Dr.Dre  anyday,it may not be better to,i haven't even listened to 187 Ride By yet,I just really don't like Dr.Dre I guess!

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2004, 10:30:54 AM »
lmao @tweedy bird and all that shit over The Chronic

anyway, for me it's 2001 by far

Sorry Dude,Daily Operation is by far way more better and refreshing than"Chronic"will ever be!

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 04:40:54 PM »
2001 is better lyrically, no thanks to Dre. That album started out good, then it got wack towards the end. I think Rhythm-al-ism is consistent throughout the whole album.

I think that Dre sounds as good as he ever has on that CD.  Everyone came thru on that album, including Dre (check "The Watcher" for evidence).  The reason I think the second half might suffer is just because of the garbage skits in the way but it's still not enough to bring it down.

The fact that people don't see things the way you do pisses you off, doesn't it?

Not really, I just state my views and what I notice.  (which is always right BTW)
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

BL7

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2004, 02:04:21 AM »
Dre doesn't write his own rhymes, homie. That's why I said:

2001 is better lyrically, no thanks to Dre.

Quik & Dre have two different styles. You prefer Dre's, and I prefer Quik's.

Not really, I just state my views and what I notice.  (which is always right BTW)

LOL. You don't think saying "Damn this board has got to hell.  Rhythm-al-ism better than 2001 are you kidding me?  People on here just have to be different than the norm huh?" is going overboard?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2004, 02:09:03 AM »
Rhythm-al-ism

i think its one of the best produced albums from da west...quik is really talented...

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2004, 05:31:02 AM »
no question...Rhythm-Al-Ism

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Don Dolla

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2004, 07:45:45 AM »
quik

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2004, 09:54:11 AM »
I Voted 4 Quik`s LP Cuz Dat Album Will Neva Get Tha Attention And Quik Will Neva Get Tha Respect He Deserves Cuz Tha Industry Iz On DRE/EM/50 Dick
Rhythm-Al-Ism Wuz Classic Fa`Sho But..Chronic Wuz Tyte Even Tho`It Could Be Betta Wit`Sum Features Wit`Daz Warren G And Maybe Sum J-Flexx And Sam Sneed Shit On It..But Dre Wuz/Iz On Em`s Dick...
QUIK`Z THA NAME..I VOTED RHYTHM-AL-ISM