Author Topic: Anyone here feelin Atmosphere?  (Read 784 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Anyone here feelin Atmosphere?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2004, 11:56:30 PM »
no
i was always into underground but hated that space shit

LoL, what about your "Grammatics" shit?

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2004, 03:03:17 AM »
*Nerd Rap* isn't a genre, it's a buzzphrase.Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought HipHop was about representing what you are, why are people made that they express themselves and what they personally feel?Lol, anyways, Atmosphere, Slug himself isn't too far out at all, listen to WND, Party For The Fight To Write, Trying To Find A Balance, And you'll see alot of similiar themes that relate to all of HipHop.

we dont all get along, but we sing the same song, party for the fight to write, well right on.

Before i listened to as much independant HipHop as i do now, i was so mislead as to what it was about, i found it so suprising, refreshing and just plain exciting and how familiar yet so creative cats like Slug, Brother Ali, Aesop, Eyedea and MF Doom could be.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2004, 12:18:08 PM »
Gramatics had nothing to do with space..It was mostly all battle oneliners squished together..I recorded it when i was 16. lol Im almost 19 man. U were at the begining of that track so dont hate

Don Breezio

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 05:02:01 PM »
Gramatics had nothing to do with space..It was mostly all battle oneliners squished together..I recorded it when i was 16. lol Im almost 19 man. U were at the begining of that track so dont hate

if you can find me one atmosphere song about space i will be insanely surprised.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2004, 01:59:56 AM »

LoL, I'm not hating, I liked the track. But I never woulda' imagined you as someone who would use the term "nerd-rap"...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2004, 02:28:56 PM »
seriously i dont know how this qualifies as nerd rap, hes just a normal white dood rappin bout normal shit, and im feelin that, in the words someone, id rather listen to a white dood try to find his balance instead of slangin crack and bustin niggaz in the ass.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2004, 03:51:32 PM »
im not talking directly about Atmosphere..Im talkin about Eyedea, Anticon, Def Jux etc.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2004, 04:26:13 PM »
im not talking directly about Atmosphere..Im talkin about Eyedea, Anticon, Def Jux etc.

LoL, weren't you once a fan of those artists you listed?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2004, 07:34:27 PM »
no..lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2004, 12:29:25 AM »
I feel em from time to time. Tryin to Find A Balance is pretty dope.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
Truth be told, most of the wack Nerd rappers are white. But, then again, Canibus is wack("Look what Harry Potter did to Andrew Gollotta kid" wtf?), Louis Logic is corny, and various others. DON'T make it a race thing.

Is it our fault Atmosphere, El-P, Eyedea, Abilities etc are white? Na. It's THEIR fault for being nerdy, wack and corny. Fuck a grown rapper crying because his girl broke up with him.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2004, 12:13:20 PM »
^^word up G.. grown men should talk about being more Gangsta than anybody else, it fits their age way better!

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2004, 12:47:26 PM »
It's got a lot to do with the voice too.  Slug voice and delivery make him sound like a nerd and with some of his content and being corny he qualifies as nerd rap.  Same can be said about Sage Francis and Aesop Rock, they sound like nerds.  Shit like "Makeshift Patriot" is just laughable, it's just so damn corny.
Keith Murray kicks some retarded rhymes with big words and space shit sometimes but I wouldn't call it nerd rap cause it doesn't sound like it.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

SGV

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2004, 12:50:06 PM »
HoeHopper: How'd I know you would come with some insanely dumb comment?

It's one thing to make a Love song for a girl. I don't find a problem with that. But, when you start whining, getting on your hands and knees and shit for this bitch, that's when I lose respect.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 01:03:34 PM by SGV(Check The Sig) »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2004, 01:34:59 PM »
SGV(Check The Sig)*<--ain't that clever*: I have yet to see a post of urs which referes to a post of someone else and manages to 1.answer the questions if any happen to be asked and 2.doesn't ignore either a part of, or the whole point, made in the post.. maybe 'insanley dumb' is ur translation for 'sorry, I don't get it' so lemme tell u.. even though there was no question mark there was still a question asked :'how are lyrics about different topics like for example love childish when u like lyrics with the only message "I'm the realest, I'll kill u, I'm in a gang" which is the kinda lyric cats like C-Bo spit'.. also lemme tell u love is not the only topic Slug raps about.. but how could I expect a dude who will listen to an album and doesn't seem to listen closely enough to recognize the name of the rapper (the verbal hologram) or misses half of a verse of a diss song (Bully) and still claims to know it well enough to consider it wack, to catch that..

I guess u go by what u heard when talking about an artist.. u heard Slug is a nerd who always raps about love, u say it.. u heard jedi mind use the word nigga, u say it.. u did not hear about the nicknames of jedi mind's rappers though so.. u dunno it.. kinda sad.. but at least it makes u capable of talking some shit in every thread about any artist on a forum so it does the job..