Author Topic: Anyone here feelin Atmosphere?  (Read 789 times)

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Anyone here feelin Atmosphere?
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2004, 04:34:20 PM »
so that is a yes.. lmao

SGV

« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2004, 04:40:19 PM »
So now that you've proven nothing. Back to the REAL topic.

No. I'm not feeling Atmosphere.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »
what I mentioned just turned out to be different, yet not less pathetic

1.u judge diss tracks as wack after hearing an a few sec. snippet

2.sometimes u overlook what's written right in front of u and just see the parts u want to see..

back to the topic.. like i said before, to express emotions u need lyrical skill, Slug does have this skill --> Slug is not wack

if u think emotional lyrics are wack that's ur problem, it's not on u to say what rappers are allowed to rap about withouth being wack, as long as they somehow prove skill it's not wack

SGV

« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2004, 04:51:40 PM »

1.u judge diss tracks as wack after hearing an a few sec. snippet(Yea 1:56 is just a few seconds  ::) )

2.sometimes u overlook what's written right in front of u and just see the parts u want to see.. (Not overlook, just reply too quick to ONE(1) thread. LOL)

back to the topic.. like i said before, to express emotions u need lyrical skill, Slug does have this skill --> Slug is not wack (LOL @ this. Emotional raps are wack, when about women. If your content is wack, then you really don't have skills.)

if u think emotional lyrics are wack that's ur problem, it's not on u to say what rappers are allowed to rap about withouth being wack, as long as they somehow prove skill it's not wack (Like I said, just because you "got skills" doesn't mean your tight. Canibus has tons of lyrical skill. But, his content is beyond garbage. That makes him wack.)

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2004, 05:01:23 PM »

1.u judge diss tracks as wack after hearing an a few sec. snippet(Yea 1:56 is just a few seconds  ::) )

2.sometimes u overlook what's written right in front of u and just see the parts u want to see.. (Not overlook, just reply too quick to ONE(1) thread. LOL)

back to the topic.. like i said before, to express emotions u need lyrical skill, Slug does have this skill --> Slug is not wack (LOL @ this. Emotional raps are wack, when about women. If your content is wack, then you really don't have skills.)

if u think emotional lyrics are wack that's ur problem, it's not on u to say what rappers are allowed to rap about withouth being wack, as long as they somehow prove skill it's not wack (Like I said, just because you "got skills" doesn't mean your tight. Canibus has tons of lyrical skill. But, his content is beyond garbage. That makes him wack.)

I didn't keep the snippet as I didn't have a reaon to but I don't think it was that long, anyway as u learned by seing that the better half of the track was the second half, u now know that a diss track is not to be jusged before u heard all verses.. congrats

and yes, as u recently found out urself the title of the track had the key words "verbal hologram" in it.. so there's no way u could enter it without either overlooking it or not knowing who's name it is if u reply thinkin it's crooked I

and how many times will I have to repeat it his content is not wack.. u just think it is but that doesn't mean shit.. all it means is that u ain't gonna listen to him but nobody gives a fuck if u do.. emotional rap being wack is bullshit, it's just something u don't like but others like it so what.. people who say Bis is wack say that cuz he doesn't say anything at all in his rhymes in the end.. but Slug does.. whether the shit he does say is wack or not is not on u.. he does have a point/message, he does have skillz, he's not wack

SGV

« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2004, 05:08:12 PM »
^^ I send it to you right now. It's 1:56. If 2 minutes of a diss track isn't good, then he really did do his job.

Actually, before I even quoted myself from that thread, I had already knew what you were talking about. Kill that noise.

So wait a second, I'm not allowed to think someone is wack based on content. Damn. I'm sorry I had no clue we weren't allowed to base an opinion on content. I guess if every rapper came out rapping ABCDEF etc. I wouldn't be allowed to say they're wack.

::)

Hey, Ja Rule puts emotion into his raps. I guess he's got skill, so he's not wack! Wow!

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2004, 05:17:28 PM »
^^the track is 5:17 long.. u didn't even hear the half of it when u claimed it was wack.. and u were surprised with the dope part that one dude quoted so u know it was obviosly wrong to judge it after only hearing a lil part of it

how retarded are u LoL, abcfuckinef doesn't make any sense so it's wack.. the shit slugs speaks about does make sense and it also expresses something real, it's not some random punchlines that just rhyme so u can't say it's a fact that it's wack
u saying u hate that kind of rap is a totally different thing than saying it's wack.. u can hate someone cuz of his voice but that ain't got shit to do with his skills and the fact that he's a good artist if he is

Ja doesn't put shit in his raps.. that's what makes slug dope he succeeds to do it

SGV

« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2004, 05:23:23 PM »
^^the track is 5:17 long.. u didn't even hear the half of it when u claimed it was wack.. and u were surprised with the dope part that one dude quoted so u know it was obviosly wrong to judge it after only hearing a lil part of it

how retarded are u LoL, abcfuckinef doesn't make any sense so it's wack.. the shit slugs speaks about does make sense and it also expresses something real, it's not some random punchlines that just rhyme so u can't say it's a fact that it's wack
u saying u hate that kind of rap is a totally different thing than saying it's wack.. u can hate someone cuz of his voice but that ain't got shit to do with his skills and the fact that he's a good artist if he is

Ja doesn't put shit in his raps.. that's what makes slug dope he succeeds to do it
I wasn't impressed, I was questioning the guy. Because, like I said, I was unaware that a full a version came out. What's hard to understand?

Wait, you said I can't judge content. If someone raps the Alphabet, that's their content. C'mon, keep your stories straight.

And, Ja has emotions in his raps. But, I guess I proved your throught process wrong, so again, you back peddle.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2004, 05:32:50 PM »
alphabet is not a content, it doesn't make sense.. are u a retarded child or something?  u really think ur clever with this reatarded comparison don't u LoL

Slug has something to say, he has a message, someone with the alphabet  doesn't, he might as well just make random sounds..

I don't have to back peddle for shit lol my point is proven and it was posts ago.. u just make up new random bullshit to get this discussion to a point where somebody will not reply anymore cuz it's a waste of time like u did before..

if u consider any emotional rap wack and gangsta rap too, what are the types of lyrics u accept LoL? ..what's the great content about Crooked I's 'freestyles'? it's just battle, no message or nothing at all

SGV

« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2004, 05:35:53 PM »
alphabet is not a content, it doesn't make sense.. are u a retarded child or something?  u really think ur clever with this reatarded comparison don't u LoL

Slug has something to say, he has a message, someone with the alphabet  doesn't, he might as well just make random sounds..

I don't have to back peddle for shit lol my point is proven and it was posts ago.. u just make up new random bullshit to get this discussion to a point where somebody will not reply anymore cuz it's a waste of time like u did before..

if u consider any emotional rap wack and gangsta rap too, what are the types of lyrics u accept LoL? ..what's the great content about Crooked I's 'freestyles'? it's just battle, no message or nothing at all
Hey content is content. What you rap about is your content. Sorry buddy.

I make up random bullshit? LOL. OK Lt. Reach.

Great content, nowadays? There's very little. Immortal Technique can bring some real dope content. Crooked's content isn't top notch, he's a battle rapper. Brother Ali has some coo content. Who else? 2Mex. Gift Of Gab. Shysti. A few others. For the most part, content is really lacking in Hip Hop.

SGV

« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2004, 05:39:18 PM »
con·tent1    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kntnt)
n.

1. Something contained, as in a receptacle. Often used in the plural: the contents of my desk drawer; the contents of an aerosol can.

2.The subject matter of a written work, such as a book or magazine. Often used in the plural.

Hence, if the alphabet is their subject matter, it is their content.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2004, 05:46:39 PM »
LoL @u coming with more bullshit by the second I say it.. shit liek that definition is nothing but a waste of time, u know that Im talking about content for a rap song and such content has to make some sense, random letters is not lyricism

so on the one hand u consider Slug wack even though he has lyrical skill just cuz u personally don't like his content, on the other hand u consider Crooked I's verses some of the best ever in hiphop when they're pure battle verses without any meaningfull content..

that's where u're hypocritical

SGV

« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2004, 05:48:55 PM »
Hey you're talking content, I proved you wrong, yet again. Rather, dictionary.com did.

But, see, here's the difference. Just because Slug "has meaning" in his verses doesn't make him better than anyone. Crooked I's verses are solid, battle raps are coo, and Slug has some good battle raps. But, Slug kills himself, to me, with his emo shit. That is why TO ME he is wack.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2004, 06:01:33 PM »
well I never said u aren't allowed to hate his music but when people say somebody's wack I see that as a claim that the artist they talkin about are as a matter of fact wack, like me when I claim Ja Rule is wack cuz there's not a thing about him that could make u say he has skillz

there's rappers I don't like but I don't call em wack if I know they got some skillz so I admit it but still hate their music even when I don't like the whole style.. but I don't consider them wack artists cuz I gotta keep the distance between skillz and the way they do what they do as an artist and on the other hand my personal taste

Doggystylin

« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2004, 10:16:13 PM »
holy shit, i guess you can really depend on sgv to spark up a thread, lol