Author Topic: Passion of the Christ  (Read 1297 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Passion of the Christ
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2004, 04:42:25 PM »
What language is this movie in?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2004, 04:48:55 PM »

Latin and Arameic(sp)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »

Latin and Arameic(sp)

I heard it was in Hebrew also...Does that hold any truth?

TiNmaN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • De ja Vu in this piece
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 08:14:10 AM »
^^ I Thought it waz in hebew too n i saw it lol. But i couldnt tell what language they were really speaking, i was jus tryna read all the subtitles.

Keepin it REAL

Name may b differnt, but tha HaMMer still haz to b dropped.

Newly accquired battle recored: 2-4

bez

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2004, 02:36:15 PM »
Film looks very good.

Don Breezio

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2004, 05:07:07 PM »
Film looks very good.

go away jesus doesnt love you

j/k man  ;D

bez

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 05:15:08 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 06:20:54 PM »
LoL...I'll watch it if it's in Hebrew.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 08:21:55 PM »
I'ma see it tonight :D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2004, 01:27:53 AM »
WOW...amazing movie. And it's not just 2 hours of Jesus getting beat up. That's just what the media and all of the people against the movie want you to believe.

Everyone says it's so gory, but dang that's how it all went down you know. It's wasn't a pretty and semi-peaceful event like other perspectives might want you to believe.

For believers like myself, it was a reality check and makes you realize how much Jesus really went through for your salvation. If you don't believe, you still have to admire the story and the message that the movie portrays.

Props to Mel Gibson for not giving in to all the discouragers and for making such an impactful film. But of course, all props go to Jesus Christ and what he endured for our salvation.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2004, 08:30:20 PM »
LoL, reviews for this movie were horrible, some even claiming the movie to be anti-semetic...Check it out:

"The director claims he had no intention of making an anti-Semitic film and we tend to believe him, in much the same way we believe Larry Flynt when he says he's not misogynist."
-- Pat St. Germain, JAM! MOVIES

"Has such anti-Semitic possibilities and no upside for anyone but believers in Mel's vision that the execution of Christ is more important than his life."
-- Dennis Schwartz, OZUS' WORLD MOVIE REVIEWS

"If Jesus actually received the amount of punishment dished out in this film, he would have been dead three times over before arriving at Calvary. "
-- Jeffrey Westhoff, NORTHWEST HERALD

"Bears the same relation to other biblical epics as a charnel house does to your local deli."
-- Peter Rainer, NEW YORK MAGAZINE

"Controversy over whether it will inflame anti-Semitism guarantees huge audiences, and many people may be profoundly moved. But as a film it is quite bad."
-- Eric Harrison, HOUSTON CHRONICLE

"Does one really have to so debase Christ’s story in order to make it relevant to today’s audiences?"
-- Glenn Kenny, PREMIERE MAGAZINE

I was supposed to watch this today, but tickets were sold out...The movie reviews kinda' brought down my expectations though...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2004, 10:16:17 PM »
^most of those reviewers arn't credible sources

movie was fantastic

5/5

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2004, 10:37:01 PM »
Want some credible sources?

"It's as if Gibson is measuring God's love by the amount of blood he shows on the screen."
-- Glenn Whipp, LOS ANGELES DAILY NEWS

"In the end, one can respect Gibson's high intentions and dedicated work, while remaining spiritually and dramatically unmoved by the result."
-- Michael Wilmington, CHICAGO TRIBUNE

"A film so narrowly focused as to be inaccessible for all but the devout."
-- Kenneth Turan, LOS ANGELES TIMES

"The Passion of the Christ is so relentlessly focused on the savagery of Jesus' final hours that this film seems to arise less from love than from wrath, and to succeed more in assaulting the spirit than in uplifting it."
-- A.O. Scott, NEW YORK TIMES

"Gibson has made a movie for nobody, really, but Gibson."
-- Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"Puts us in a situation where we can't help but feel Jesus's pain. If only Gibson had taken the time to tell more of us why it mattered."
-- Michael O'Sullivan, WASHINGTON POST

"Bears the same relation to other biblical epics as a charnel house does to your local deli."
-- Peter Rainer, NEW YORK MAGAZINE

"A filmed bloodletting like no other on record, essentially a terribly graphic two-hour torture sequence."
-- Tom Long, DETROIT NEWS

"May have succeeded in exploiting Jesus's death for its most highly pitched emotion and drama. But in the process, for many believers, it may have served only to trivialize and further obscure the story's most central and sacred mysteries."
-- Ann Hornaday, WASHINGTON POST

"Gibson ultimately seems to be preaching to the choir, rejecting standard storytelling conventions such as introducing his characters, assuming his audience already knows everything he's about to tell us."
-- Moira MacDonald, SEATTLE TIMES

"Mel Gibson's Passion, though well-acted, technically impressive and initially moving, is for the most part not beautiful and certainly not ennobling."
-- Jonathan Foreman, NEW YORK POST

"The movie Gibson has made from his personal obsessions is a sickening death trip, a grimly unilluminating procession of treachery, beatings, blood, and agony."
-- David Denby, NEW YORKER

"If you come seeking theological subtlety, let alone such modern inventions as psychological depth, you'll walk away battered and empty-handed."
-- Ty Burr, BOSTON GLOBE

"The movie is a compendium of tortures that would horrify the regulars at an S&M club."
-- Jami Bernard, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"Instead of being moved by Christ's suffering, or awed by his sacrifice, I felt abused by a filmmaker intent on punishing an audience, for who knows what sins."
-- David Ansen, NEWSWEEK

I think you get the point, but I can keep going if you want...

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2004, 11:03:06 PM »
What do reviews prove? They are people just like you or me. They have no authority or power over whether or not I'ma see a movie or not.

For the critics to bash Passion for its blood and "gore" (if you can really call it that) and then praise Kill Bill for having ten times the gore is ridiculous and hypocritical.

The whole anti-semetic claim is even more ludicrous. If this movie is anti-semetic, then Germans should have been outraged by Scheindler's List/The Pianist and Japanese should of been upset by Pearl Harbor.

Let the haters keep on hating though, the movie grossed 117.5 million so that's what counts.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Breezio

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2004, 11:11:45 PM »
yeah i dont remember who said it earlier but they said it best. you gotta remember that yes theres a lot of blood...but when jesus was crucified shit wasnt all peaches and cream. it went down like that or as close to like that as we can imagine.

as far as reviews go i never listen to those. those are the same people who gave rave reviews & academy awards to that peice of garbage they call "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"