Author Topic: shit...lil jon is starting to grow on me  (Read 789 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:shit...lil jon is starting to grow on me
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2004, 10:22:41 PM »
naw, he always uses similar patterns, but i think he's a pretty tight producer

That's because you don't produce, and don't know how amateur and fake his shit sounds compared to producers like Dre, Quik, Warren, Premo, Timbaland etc...

I agree, his shit is smplistic compared to those tracks but I do like that Usher track.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 12:33:01 AM »
lol @ everyone talking about how easy it is to make beats like lil jons...who really gives a shit how easy it is? i dont...as long as it sounds good ima listen to it.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2004, 12:33:16 AM »
well, he is starting to make me wish I was deaf sometimes.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2004, 02:30:29 AM »
lol U gotta give lil jon his props for bringin tha ol skool 808 drum kit back and makin hits out of em.....ol skool too short use to be all 808 kits....

Yeah but Too Short had dope basslines.

Lil Jon just uses that kit and puts horrible synths and shit over the top of it.

Yup.

SGV

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 11:12:10 AM »
LMAO @ Nik making hotter beats than "Damn" or "Rep Yo City."

Yea, I bet all the rappers are knocking down your door for your beats. From Nas to Eminem to E-40. Riiiiight.

Who says his beats have to be complex to be tight? Really, Dre's beats aren't that complex. Timbo and Quik, they have more complexity in their beats. Dre's beats are very simple sounding. I think everyones just mad that Lil Jon is getting the recognition and he's from the South.

Anyone saying "Yeah" is not a club banger has NOT been in a club when that jam comes on. What determines it to be a club banger? Broads. If broads are feeling it, it's a club banger. I'm postive chicks are NOT sitting there at the club like "Oh fuck this song, listen to amateur sounding production etc." Fuck outta here with all that.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »
Anyone saying "Yeah" is not a club banger has NOT been in a club when that jam comes on. What determines it to be a club banger? Broads. If broads are feeling it, it's a club banger. I'm postive chicks are NOT sitting there at the club like "Oh fuck this song, listen to amateur sounding production etc." Fuck outta here with all that.

I've been in a club when that track has been on, and yeah girls were dancing to it, but what I'm saying is that compared to the other tracks they be playing in the clubs, it doesn't compell me to move.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2004, 11:23:36 AM »
Thats you though. It don't matter if me or you move to it. If a girl ain't feeling it, then neither of us are dancing. Period. Every girl I've seen at the club was loving this song when it came on.

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2004, 01:21:52 PM »
I cant stand Lil Jon....His midget ass needs to quit it while hes ahead....

Ive never seen anyone make millions of dollars for having an annoying voice and yelling stupid shit all the time.  Hes not even creative, doesnt rap or anything.  Most of the beats all sound the same, hes just yelling stupid shit on every record, "Yeeeeah" ..... :P

SGV

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2004, 01:24:15 PM »
^^^Snoop liked him enough to make a track with him.

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2004, 01:42:04 PM »
^^^Snoop liked him enough to make a track with him.
Whatever buddy  ::), you think cuz Snoop made a track with Lil Jon that I would like him right?  Sure  ::)

Lil Jon sucks, period.

SGV

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2004, 01:54:07 PM »
I never once mentioned you in my post.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2004, 05:54:27 PM »
I cant stand Lil Jon....His midget ass needs to quit it while hes ahead....

Ive never seen anyone make millions of dollars for having an annoying voice and yelling stupid shit all the time.  Hes not even creative, doesnt rap or anything.  Most of the beats all sound the same, hes just yelling stupid shit on every record, "Yeeeeah" ..... :P

Busta Rhymes

-KIDRENEGADE-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2004, 09:30:09 PM »
LMAO @ Nik making hotter beats than "Damn" or "Rep Yo City."

Yea, I bet all the rappers are knocking down your door for your beats. From Nas to Eminem to E-40. Riiiiight.

Why's it so funny? Get on AIM, and I'll show you better beats...Just because it sells doesn't mean it's dope...If we were going by your theory, then Nelly is a better rapper than Ras Kass, since more people are getting at him for verses... Make sense, you fat shit.

SGV

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2004, 09:44:19 PM »
^^Who said shit about sales you Gonzoe looking piece of shit?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2004, 10:11:05 PM »
^^Who said shit about sales you Gonzoe looking piece of shit?

You're talking about people getting at Lil Jon for beats, you fuckin' Mexican Bubba Sparxxx...