Author Topic: What do you all think....  (Read 818 times)

Big BpG

What do you all think....
« on: April 11, 2002, 04:33:17 AM »
of those guys on TV... who act like they have been sent from GOD to help individuals out. They stand around in a big lecture hall with hundreds of people and yell "god will save you, god will help you"  ... then he will grab a person with a broken leg and yell to him "god is sending me his  power to help your leg, when i send you that power, go run a lap around the room" .... so he will do his little "power" thing and tell the person to run around the room, and the dude is in so much pain while running... he comes back from his laps and is like crying... cause he thinks god has touched him... he still has a broken leg though

what do you all think???

I think, if comicview wasn't on anymore, i would watch this

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

MidnightPills

Re: What do you all think....
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 10:58:18 AM »
???

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Jubai Kibagamai
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 12:35:51 PM »
i say it's all bullshit................
MC Mass, rep.in' Great Persia and the T Dot Squad:

Docky
Prince Tech
till the day when skies turn black and red water covers the lake/
Great King Kourosh sleep well, cuz all of us IRANIANS are still awake/

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 12:40:57 PM »
of those guys on TV... who act like they have been sent from GOD to help individuals out. They stand around in a big lecture hall with hundreds of people and yell "god will save you, god will help you"  ... then he will grab a person with a broken leg and yell to him "god is sending me his  power to help your leg, when i send you that power, go run a lap around the room" .... so he will do his little "power" thing and tell the person to run around the room, and the dude is in so much pain while running... he comes back from his laps and is like crying... cause he thinks god has touched him... he still has a broken leg though

what do you all think???

I think, if comicview wasn't on anymore, i would watch this

-Big BpG

LMAO that shits hilarious, but it can also get boring and annoying at times, ill watch it like for 5 minutes and change the channel, lol

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 12:44:03 PM »
lmfao

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2002, 02:05:48 PM »
well these folks actually have like 3 year waiting lists to  get healed... but if they were such healers, we wouldn't need hospitals... another way to corrupt the church... gotta get that money...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2002, 02:23:21 PM »
I know what your talking about. I am skeptical of all of those people myself, but you can't be sure unless it has been exposed.

I know the most famous of them is a man named Benny Hinn. Anyone who watches TBN knows who I'm talking about. He brings peeps to the stage and miraculously heals them. I used to laugh at him and think he was full of it until I was forced to go to one of his shows out in Anaheim, Ca.

We went their and their were so many people their who went just to be healed. It was depressing seeing all these people in wheelchairs and with all these disorders. So we went to our seats and Benny Hinn started preaching. I just went to sleep lol (I was only 11 so give me a break).

The time came whenthey were people came up and began totalk about how they have been healed that day. And this man who I saw in the bathroom had some kind of problem where he couldn't walk (he was leaning on the walls just to pee and I even healped him out a little bit) and this man was walking.

Now I know without a shadow of a doubt that the man was pissing all over himself because he could barely stand and then he was up on the stage jumping all excited. I was in tears and it was absolutely amazing. I could actually feel the Holy Spirit in that arena, words can't describe what was going on that day.

So I know Benny Hinn is not a phony. It was all real. And its not like he was taking any credit, he gave all the glory to God. I even remember a couple years ago they were trying the best they could to expose the man. Well he is still doing his thing and they couldn't find anything on him. As a matter of fact they got proof he is real when many people who had terminal illnesses went to the hospital and were completely healed. Doctors have even admitted this.

Now I'm not saying they are all real because I know fake are out their, but Benny Hinn was real.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Big BpG

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2002, 02:27:29 PM »
my feeling is that most of the people who go to these things have suffered so much, they actually believe something is wrong, when really there isn't, so when someone touches them saying "god is now in you"  ... they feel happy... and well... their "weakness" is gone...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2002, 02:27:33 PM »
well these folks actually have like 3 year waiting lists to  get healed... but if they were such healers, we wouldn't need hospitals... another way to corrupt the church... gotta get that money...

-Big BpG

Well even Jesus said to some of the people who he healed that he had to have faith in Him. Not everyone has faith in God.

But yes lots of churches and individuals are corrupt enough to play with peoples hope which is horrible.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Big BpG

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2002, 03:05:57 PM »

Well even Jesus said to some of the people who he healed that he had to have faith in Him. Not everyone has faith in God.

But yes lots of churches and individuals are corrupt enough to play with peoples hope which is horrible.

its called indulgences and sadly, they still exist...

for those who dont know... its when you pay the church money to gaurantee your soul in heaven

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2002, 04:16:19 PM »

its called indulgences and sadly, they still exist...

for those who dont know... its when you pay the church money to gaurantee your soul in heaven

-Big BpG

That's the Catholic church, my church isn't like that, it's out of the goodness of your heart. I give money to support the church and it's causes, not to go to heaven.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2002, 05:00:30 PM »

That's the Catholic church, my church isn't like that, it's out of the goodness of your heart. I give money to support the church and it's causes, not to go to heaven.

Inaccurate, homez. I'm a Catholic, and I have never been asked for tithes. That's the seperatists who are like that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2002, 07:10:56 PM »
Well... I got a couple thoughts.  There are 2 ways to heal people, which Jesus used.

1. Faith healing.  If someone has enough faith, and believes it enough, they will be healed... people have beat cancer with attitude, It's totally possible.  The bible teaches this, too.  Check this GANGSTA story from Mark, Chapter 5 of the new Testament.

21  ¶ And when Jesus was passed over again by ship unto the other side, much people gathered unto him; and he was nigh unto the sea.
22  And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jai'rus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet,
23  and besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.
24  And Jesus went with him.
¶ And much people followed him, and thronged him.
25  And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
26  and had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27  when she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
28  For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
29  And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
30  And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
31  And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32  And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
33  But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
34  And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

---------------------------------------------------

So, here, you see that the woman Believed in God, and his son Jesus Christ so, so much, that her faith healed her.  She knew Jesus could heal her, so, even though she only touched his garment, and not him, she was healed, through her faith.

2. Priesthood blessings

Man from the day of Adam has been able to heal by the laying on of hands, being Righteous priesthood holders of the Lord's church.  The priesthood is physically passed onto a male member of the lord's church by the laying on of hands.  The lord acts through his priests to heal whomever seek the priest's blessings.  This is how Jesus himself healed people, he was the most Righteous man that ever walked the earth, and his power was strong.  He even brought a girl back to life, right?  In the continuation of Mark chapter 5, he enters the house, takes the DEAD GIRLS HAND, and says "Arise", and she wakes up like she was asleep, everybody freaked out.  The prophet Joseph Smith was visited by Peter, James, and John in 1829, they restored the priesthood to the earth (all the righteous owners had been killed off shortly after Jesus's death).  The prophet (and Oliver Cowdry, who was present) was given the Priesthood, and every man who righteously upholds Jesus's church standards since has received the gift.. latter day saints bless each other all the time, There's tons of records of modern-day miracles from these blessings.  Broken bones mended, sicknesses banished, etc. etc.  A lot of it probably deals with faith, too, however.  

Big BpG

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2002, 07:21:15 PM »
Faith healing.  If someone has enough faith, and believes it enough, they will be healed... people have beat cancer with attitude, It's totally possible.  The bible teaches this, too.  Check this GANGSTA story from Mark, Chapter 5 of the new Testament.

Definetly, many people have used no medicine and stayed positive and their cancer has gone... that has nothing to do with the "god" or a religion, but rather the belief in yourself...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2002, 07:40:17 PM »
Theres another "healing" method, called "rakei" [sp], its a Chineese art and you can heal the person by your "energy" of the soul and body.  Something like dat, i can get into detail if anybody cares.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...