Author Topic: RZA speaks on U-God, new Wu album, and the aftermath rumors  (Read 271 times)

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
RZA speaks on U-God, new Wu album, and the aftermath rumors
« on: March 02, 2004, 08:53:22 PM »
taken from www.wutangcorp.com
FROM RZA
I can't believe u god would twist the truth like that and make himself look like he was mistreated by me or any wu member. As far as no wu tang lp. It is obvious with mentallities such as his existing how can a unified wutang campaign come about inclusive of all members. I the Rza will raise the flag when the time is right, and that's when all minds and will submit to one.
U godzilla has a distorted memory of the wu and his involvement. And for him to state that I dealt with seperation is blasphemous, for it was my focus on unity that made us strong and successful. I don't deal with seperation nor unrighteousness amongst my peers or my enemies. I deal with freedom justice and equality. Our life is a reflection of our own acts and deeds, who can a man blame besides himself for his personal mishap. Unless someone directly or indirectly inflict their will on you. The blame lies on self. Especially when you come in the name of god as in u god. I don't usally like commenting on family affairs because I believe it should remain internal. Yet due to the recent slander of my name by godzilla and cappa its only right that I clear away some of the fog of confusion and falsehood that they are advocating.
If we reflect back on history I recall ugod only having 4 bars on protect ya neck. He then had to serve some time incarcerated. Many people felt he should be cut from the team but I being the final voice insisted he remain. In the interim of that single to the release of the first album many homies, family members and fans felt ugod was a weak link, I was constantly being approach by people advocating this but I laughed it off because I had faith in him and love for him. I recall his skill level being far behind the other members because jail makes you stiff and less fluent. Just as it was when o d b first came home. Still I kept him in the rankings and made sure he ate a equal amount that the rest enjoyed even though he was barely present on the early product. So when he claims that he was pushed to the side or made a slave he is only frabricating lies and using a bias distorted form of our history.
The members who had solo projects had them because they were the ones who the public and the industry was feeling at the time. The deals were being offered for the more prominent members. Yet I informed u god that when the time comes he will get his shine just as everyone else because everyone gets their time to shine, but one must patient as well as persistent and determined. 50 cent is a prime example. As time went on he regained his flow and began to shine a little brighter but he also devlope an what some have called a grumpy attitude and that made him hard to deal with in some eyes. No one would offer him a recording deal. It wasn't until I put the money up my self from wutang records did he get a chance for a solo album. And my company spent well over 1 and half mil on him in advances and videos and promo. With more than half that going is his pocket. In fact his unrecoupement crippled my label. So where is the slavery at. Look at songs like chez chez la ghost and gravel pit those were attempts to put him out there more and build his shine. After that if he was ordained to have more success it wouldve shown thru.
I can write a book of truth on the ins and out of the wu family and people will truthfully see who head got lost in music. I have not built an illusionary ego from this music game. I travell around the world breaking bread with most famous artist to the basic homeless mc. And treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
If anyone has any questions, hit me up on the site wutangCorp.Com.
And as far as the aftermath union.
The Rza and Dr dre. Both agree its a great idea creatively and historically and are now working out the business aspect. The idea originated with o d b and later brought to the table by the recording industry giant Jimmy Iovine.
This is my response to ugods statements. There is much more I can say but I rather say it in person to ugod and any other challenger of truth to what I manifested into this world of hip hop. You can forward this to mtv as well.

The Predator

Re:RZA speaks on U-God, new Wu album, and the aftermath rumors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 02:11:22 AM »
hmmmmmmm...Wu n Aftermath. But is dre gonna even have the time this year? Detox, 50, Em, Busta, Game and what about fuckin ice cube???...Dre dont need rza, rza and the whole Wu need dre and his co-producers. Personally im pissed coz rza should sort his own sound out and perfect it like he did back in the day.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 02:19:15 AM by The Predator »

Cordy

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:47:08 AM »
Idiot, RZA is better than Dre will ever be.

The Predator

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 04:31:59 AM »
Idiot, RZA is better than Dre will ever be.

you having a laugh? coz its wu n rza to sign to Aftermath and trying to hook up with dre beats on thier album not the other way round, IDIIIIIIOT.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 04:37:22 AM by The Predator »

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 06:07:24 AM »
Possibly a few years down the road, but Dre would never have time to work on them anytime soon.

But a Wu album on Aftermath would be real sick.   :o

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 06:26:31 AM »
in my opinion a wu album on aftermath with some contributions from dre would be tite, but i would maybe rather that rza return to producing tracks that stick to the formula that made wu sick in the first place, without maybe the help that being on aftermath would provide.but who knows, it might be the move that rejuvenates the wu and returns them, as a group, to glory.

ps - fuck u-god, wheres the masta killa album?!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 10:17:12 AM »
first off , the person who said rza is better than dre <LMAO whatever, you're ignorant

second ugod is a retard

third rza is handling it right

fourth the wu has got more issues than entertainment weekly .

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Efrain

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 12:52:41 PM »
 ^^ Rza is better that Dre. You never hear about people coming forward saying "yea Rza jacked all my ideas then gave me a few dollars" or "oh yea I [so and so] produced this or that... Rza didn’t do shit" etc. Everyone that has ever worked with Rza says the guy is a genius. If you look at all the records Dre "produced" and all the records Rza produced you would see Rza is much more accomplished as a producer, and much more innovative IMO.  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 02:23:18 PM »
^^ Rza is better that Dre. You never hear about people coming forward saying "yea Rza jacked all my ideas then gave me a few dollars" or "oh yea I [so and so] produced this or that... Rza didn&#8217;t do shit" etc. Everyone that has ever worked with Rza says the guy is a genius.

true and u-god ain't said shit like that either. i wouldn't be so sure about dre bein better than rza, they both genius producers IMO, but that post ^^ had a point. and i definitely don't see what's ignorant about sayin RZA > Dre

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 04:56:30 PM »
^^ Rza is better that Dre. You never hear about people coming forward saying "yea Rza jacked all my ideas then gave me a few dollars" or "oh yea I [so and so] produced this or that... Rza didn’t do shit" etc. Everyone that has ever worked with Rza says the guy is a genius.  

This doesn't make him better than Dre... ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 11:21:55 PM »
oh god

i'm not saying your a dumb ass for like rza, i like rza, but he's not as accomplished of a producer as dre, both musically and mentally (i'm not even including sales and shit)  music is my second major homes, when i look at the scales of a dre song (regardless of what era of Dre-ism) it's always consistant and above anything (in rap) is or has done. i know what i'm talking about here dude .  like rza more.....i don't care , that's cool but dre is more talented just like kobe is more talented than  yoa ming.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09