Author Topic: So Is The "Yonkers Flow" A Blackwallstreet thing?  (Read 422 times)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re:So Is The "Yonkers Flow" A Blackwallstreet thing?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 02:26:23 PM »
Big fuckin deal if they sound like the from NY...They DO NOT have an accent. I am from Boston I know the accent. Its rediculous that someone makes a big deal about havin a NY style. So by him being from Compton does he have to rap like every other West Coast Rapper..At least they rep Compton

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 02:54:02 PM »
I don't get why some are fussin' over something like this. "The Game sounds like he's from the East." Big - fuckin' - deal. Suddenly it's a crime to sound like something else than expected? A dumb ass reason to give a guy flack for. When I listen to somebody's flow, I only care about one thing - is the flow good or bad. Don't give a fuck if The Game "sounds like he's from the East."

Steady Aromatic

• Lil Geezy
  • shoulda been a laywer since im such a good liar
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 05:33:48 PM »
^^^yeah but what if the record lables only started looking for west coast rappers that sound like east coast artist...that would suck...the west has their own sound...stick to that,i am a game fan i hope his gangsta raps are REAL and not braggin about stupid shit like the dipsets

BL7

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 09:57:54 PM »
I don't get why some are fussin' over something like this. "The Game sounds like he's from the East." Big - fuckin' - deal. Suddenly it's a crime to sound like something else than expected? A dumb ass reason to give a guy flack for. When I listen to somebody's flow, I only care about one thing - is the flow good or bad. Don't give a fuck if The Game "sounds like he's from the East."

The problem is that if he blows up, people will think the only way to get big on the West is if you have an East Coast style. In order for us to grow, we have to have our own sound. I'm not saying it has to be the same ol' West Coast style over and over again, but it has to be our own. The East & the South have theirs, why shouldn't we have ours?

SGV

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 10:16:34 PM »

The problem is that if he blows up, people will think the only way to get big on the West is if you have an East Coast style. In order for us to grow, we have to have our own sound. I'm not saying it has to be the same ol' West Coast style over and over again, but it has to be our own. The East & the South have theirs, why shouldn't we have ours?
Thank you. I have a feeling, if The Game becomes popular, L.A. rappers(and possibly the entire West) will start thinking "oh, well let me adapt the NY sounding voice etc." Pretty soon CA is gonna sound like NY. I DO NOT want that.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 04:06:23 AM »
Big fuckin' deal if The Game sounds like he's from the East. The only about a flow I really pay attention to is whether it's good or bad - and that's the only thing that matters.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 09:58:41 AM »

My thoughts exactly man...
But in a way, I understand why some people are getting a little irritated by it. I'm just glad the West will finally get some attention, try to look at it from that point of view!

BL7

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 11:33:32 AM »
Big fuckin' deal if The Game sounds like he's from the East. The only about a flow I really pay attention to is whether it's good or bad - and that's the only thing that matters.

Well, that's your opinion. I think The Game's whole style is wack. I'd much rather hear Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Dr. Stank, Dirty Birdy, etc.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 11:34:03 AM »

Well I will put it like this....Say you are a "sold" customer on Ford's, and you like Fords more than any other company, but u like Toyotas as well. You like Ford's mainly because of what they've done in the past and what they still do....but their newest car, which is supposed to be one of their best in a while, is made just like a Toyota. Now it's a coo car, but you aren't gonna like it just because it's a Ford.

I donno if y'all are feelin the analogy or not, but thas exactly how I see it. I will support him bein he's from the west, but I am not gonna say I like him just because he's from the west, even tho he is good at what he does, because I like west coast artists because they make west coast music, not just because of where they were raised. Yeah he talks about Compton, but everything from his delivery style voice lyrics and all are extremely east coast, and I don't really dislike that but thas not what I am feelin as much. So to everybody sayin "It's not a big deal he sounds like hes from NY, does everybody have to sound the same" I see what u mean but personally I don't feel like that.

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 05:32:04 PM »
i still don't think it's a big deal,cuzz i be hearing yall say fucc majors all day,now yall like "if he get on,all labels gonna want an artist like that" shit if yall ain't fucc'n with them why does it fucc'n matter,if you are so underground who gives a shit,we all know how labels are haha, evidently yall want that checc like me,i'm feeling that,haha,i still wouldn't sound like no ny cat,but if the production is banging and i feel like rapping over it,and they gonna cut me a checc i'm doing it, shit game is cool,let cuzz do what he do yell
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2004, 04:13:19 AM »
i still don't think it's a big deal,cuzz i be hearing yall say fucc majors all day,now yall like "if he get on,all labels gonna want an artist like that" shit if yall ain't fucc'n with them why does it fucc'n matter,if you are so underground who gives a shit,we all know how labels are haha, evidently yall want that checc like me,i'm feeling that,haha,i still wouldn't sound like no ny cat,but if the production is banging and i feel like rapping over it,and they gonna cut me a checc i'm doing it, shit game is cool,let cuzz do what he do yell

I hate the industry and in a way I am like fuck major labels...and this situation just gives me another reason to doubt their cred. Because G-Unit and Dre have overlooked many rappers who are better overall and still sound west coast...just to get the one who sells because he sounds NY, and because he's been shot. I am not hatin on him and I still support him, but in no time soon will I really like the fact he sounds so NY.