Author Topic: Emulator help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 160 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Emulator help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 17, 2004, 11:56:40 PM »
Yea, I DL'd a Metal Slug 5 with Emulator from Bittorrent but I cannot open it do I need to do something else or DL another emulator file or what, I've never dl'd an emulator before so I'm not too sure how the fuck this works.

thanks in advance.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re:Emulator help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 02:28:15 AM »
apparently this is for an Atari or Neo Geo or wahtever system. I have no experience with those, but usually u need the Emulation program through which you open the game files, as with Genesis "WGens" or "KGen" , or SNES with "9xSnes". The emulation program is basically this really small program through which you configure the keys and save locations and shit like that, but i don't think u can open the game without the program. Try searching emulation sites for the program
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 08:08:02 AM »
Try searching emulation sites for the program

do you know of any emulation sites?

-KIDRENEGADE-

smerlus

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 08:13:47 AM »
the best emulators i've seen are NESticle for NES, GeneCYST for Genesis, that 9xSnes for SNES and M.A.M.E. for arcade....i've downloaded some other ones for playstation and N64 that seemed to work...just type emulators in google and you should find a bunch of sites

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 08:30:14 AM »
Whats the best way to find which emulator goes with which file, if I'm not too sure, I'm not even sure which system Metal Slug 5 was on...I think arcade though.

-KIDRENEGADE-

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:34:29 AM »
then do a search for arcade emulators...M.A.M.E. works the best but it's kind of hard to find a working copy

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 08:37:57 AM »
I''m checking on MAME now  I can Dl it when I get home to see if it works...at skool now  :'(

-KIDRENEGADE-

West C. Connected

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 12:09:44 PM »
www.zophar.net

Dunno if it's still up I used to download all the emulators there, like 2 years ago.