Author Topic: Talib Aint Happy  (Read 395 times)

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
Talib Aint Happy
« on: March 10, 2004, 01:56:56 PM »
You know what, I’m a fan of hip-hop too. If I had a chance to get a hold of one of my favorite artists CD’s early, I would jump at it. So if some asshole from a recording studio leaks my unfinished, unmixed and uneven album, consider it a personal triumph. Play it for your friends, and if you like it, buy the version I want you to have. If you are a fan of my music, allow me to live off it so I can continue to bring it to you. But once you put it on a website and encourage people to download it, you become the bigger asshole. You are not respecting my artistic process and worse, you are taking food out of my children’s mouth. The shit is depressing really because I work so hard and I deserve the right to determine how I want my music presented. If you are truly a fan of my music, please do not support people who do this, no matter what the temptation might be. This music is what I have to live on. You also disrespect the other artists by spreading rough vocals and rough mixes. You really don’t give a fuck about nobody but yourself. It’s sad.
ImRickJamesBitch, are you that much of a loser that you gotta live off another man’s work? Put your own fuckin’ album on your website. Get you some pro tools, pay producers and studio time, get guest artits to come be on your shit. Then maybe you won’t be tempted to just disrespect somebody’s craft. Kanye shipped 800,000 records. How many records do you think I will ship? But yet you couldn’t resist to expose MY album? That shit is not fly. I will find out who you are and you will be dealt with accordingly. This is no threat. To everyone else, I am blessed that there is so much anticipation for what I hope will be a great album. I have never gone gold or platinum. If you think I should be by now please don’t support or do shit like ImRickJamesBitch; that shit does not help. I have a mixtape coming next week. Download that. Please help my cause, don’t hurt it, and I will always be the best artist I can be.
-Talib Kweli

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:Talib Aint Happy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
damn...now i feel bad i wanted it so bad. but regardless, it doesn't really matter cuz i'm buying it no matter what

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 02:06:11 PM »
dayum talib spittin knowledge.....if i feel an artist imma spend cash on that cd...it that simple...

BL7

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 02:06:14 PM »
What site did you get this from?

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 02:11:21 PM »
probably the most convincing anti-downloading argument i've ever heard

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 02:15:12 PM »
speaking of: can someone post a link to the album? LOL

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 02:18:57 PM »
dayum talib spittin knowledge.....if i feel an artist imma spend cash on that cd...it that simple...

word

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 02:19:02 PM »
where did he write this?
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 02:40:31 PM »

word

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 02:50:54 PM »
wow, i fuckin feel bad, i didnt download it yet, but im def buying this album, i feel bad casue hes so right, he deserves to go 3-4-5 x plat, and this shit is fucked up, wonder who imrickjamesbitch is

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 02:57:15 PM »
Yeah ImRickJamesBitch is the one who leaked it....

here is Talibs original post, but he didnt post it himself..the statement was sent to the staff at Okayplayer as a Word Doc that was likely trasncribed out of Talibs management's office.

http://www.okayplayer.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_announcements
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 03:00:49 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 03:02:09 PM »
look, you can download the album here, http://www.imrickjamesbitch.com/ ;)

kosta

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 03:03:48 PM »
look, you can download the album here, http://www.imrickjamesbitch.com/ ;)

that is the most annoying site ever

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 03:31:07 PM »
WOW good think I changed my name from I'm Rick James...BITCH! last week, I'd look mighty stupid if I didn't.  pretty damn convincing argument wasn't expecting to see Talib Kweli at the end.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 05:28:29 PM »
Damn, Talib is getting emotional, cry me a god damn river.  It's his own fault that he couldn't keep it from getting in the wrong hands or that he didn't have control over his music.  If it was already finished and ready to be pressed then you have to expect that and live with it.  That happends to everyone.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.