Author Topic: Dead Prez - RBG  (Read 86 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Dead Prez - RBG
« on: March 12, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »
Dead Prez's "Revolutionary But Gangsta"  -  Does anyone know if it's coming out on Paris's Guerilla Funk label?

Anyway, i need some info on this album please. I know some people already have it, i need some opinions on the production, lyrics and comparison to "Let's Get Free"
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Dead Prez - RBG
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 02:43:04 AM »
The only thing im gonna say on this issue is go out n buy it :)

always coming up with the goods i love their sound and the truth they kick in their lyrics

pe@ce

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »
i WILL buy it when it comes out, but it hasn't. It has, however, leaked, so i wanted 2 hear some opinions from people who have it. Hell yeah man, i'm gonna support DP, i love those guys
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 08:28:14 AM »
it's alright. i'm not a big dead prez fan. i'm so sick of their 'it's all the white man's fault' bullshit. let's get free was dope, but everything after that i feel was pretty repetetive and i feel their original purpose fell off.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 01:43:24 PM »
I'd love to see it on Paris's label, Paris has good distribution for an independent artist. I see Sonic Jihad everywhere I go.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris